Christie 2016

Page 1 of 3123>
September 10th, 2014 at 12:01:58 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Is he finished after Atlantic City completely crumbled and Revel went down?
September 10th, 2014 at 2:21:59 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Is he finished after Atlantic City completely crumbled and Revel went down?

I don't know that it makes a difference.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2014 at 10:40:18 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
I don't think he's finished. It's going to depend on what options Republicans have when it comes down to it. He's much more attractive and charismatic to the middle than almost anyone else in the field. Perhaps Jeb Bush can outrun him. But I can't think of anyone else (Republican) who doesn't scare the hell out of middle voters.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
September 10th, 2014 at 1:14:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: beachbumbabs
I don't think he's finished. It's going to depend on what options Republicans have when it comes down to it. He's much more attractive and charismatic to the middle than almost anyone else in the field. Perhaps Jeb Bush can outrun him. But I can't think of anyone else (Republican) who doesn't scare the hell out of middle voters.

If the GOP scares you then you are left. The GOP is the middle.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2014 at 2:28:38 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
If the GOP scares you then you are left. The GOP is the middle.

Only in America are the Republican's any sort of middle party!

I assumed Babs more meant the voters in the middle of the Dems and Reps... the one's that will swing the vote. The ones that matter. You'll (probably) vote republican no matter who runs. Other posters here will vote democrat no matter who runs. There's the undecided. The middle (not the centrists). That's who matters in terms of the result.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 10th, 2014 at 2:44:49 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: TheCesspit

I assumed Babs more meant the voters in the middle of the Dems and Reps... the one's that will swing the vote. The ones that matter. You'll (probably) vote republican no matter who runs. Other posters here will vote democrat no matter who runs. There's the undecided. The middle (not the centrists). That's who matters in terms of the result.

And beneath it all neither party cares about this country. They only care about who rules this country.

This is corporate America and the dem/rep are just brands
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 10th, 2014 at 3:45:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: TheCesspit

You say this like it is a bad thing. Yes, most of the world is more liberal than the USA. Notice how many more people try to get in here vs how many leave. And notice how many that do leave do it for freer, lower tax locations.
The President is a fink.
September 10th, 2014 at 4:45:28 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
You say this like it is a bad thing.

You have a Right Party, and a Centre-Centre Right party carving it up. Statement of fact, and that leads to -interesting- political footballs.

Quote:
Yes, most of the world is more liberal than the USA. Notice how many more people try to get in here vs how many leave. And notice how many that do leave do it for freer, lower tax locations.

Low tax != non-liberal. And won't see me arguing that the taxation in the US is good. It's not. It's a complete headcase of a system. Corp taxes are too high, middle-income tax breaks are too high too. I'm relativey convinced that the top income tax payers are slowly paying more and more of the overall burden (I shared some stats a month or five ago, still haven't been able to find a EU/Canada equivalent of the spread though)

Shame of it is, neither party has the cajones or the desire to change it... because those exact middle-class families with their big old tax breaks are who are in the middle and will swing one side or another. This ain't "the 47%" beloved of the Republican apologists either. These are people who are net tax-payers.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 10th, 2014 at 5:23:03 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Atlantic City has become a failure and the stink is all over him. The state has to be doing well for a governor to sell himself positively and having the city collapse isn't good for him. If his reelection was this November for governor, he would have trouble. Anything he did with regards to the city is a good target usable against him.
September 10th, 2014 at 7:50:43 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I think Christie is toast. Bridgegate, Everybody can relate to heavy traffic and hates it plus AC woes.
Rubio, I just don't see it happening. Tried to be reasonable on immigration and lost a ton of support. I don't think the right trusts him on the issue regardless of his stance now.
Jeb Bush, I think the Rep party is leery of a 3rd Bush
Rick Perry- notice glasses, never seen without them now. strategy to make him look smart after debate disaster flub. May work but I just don't see it.
Ted Cruz, too right wing.
Paul Ryan- just don't see it.

Rand Paul. I think this is the man. He really intrigues me. Strikes me as being a real smart guy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 1 of 3123>