In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 8th, 2019 at 4:36:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
Are you saying there should be no restrictions on any arms at all?

Restrictions should be minimal. What we have now is working.

Quote:
Howabout a checkpoint, at the borders of our country, with uniform strict gun control laws within?

You mean like we have now? What we have now is working.
The President is a fink.
August 8th, 2019 at 6:13:19 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
"what we have now is working" is clearly in dispute.

However, I am comforted in knowing that your opinion is one of a small and shrinking minority.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 9th, 2019 at 2:16:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
"what we have now is working" is clearly in dispute.

However, I am comforted in knowing that your opinion is one of a small and shrinking minority.

Not sure how. Take out the 3-4 most violent cities and the USA has very low gun violence. And these are the cities with the strongest gun control laws.

Sorry but I am not letting rare tragedies be a reason to beg to have my freedom taken away.
The President is a fink.
August 10th, 2019 at 10:57:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Epstein offs himself in prison.
I guess he selected the ultimate 'admission to bail' that is available to millionaires in the Gray Bar Resort Hotel.
Probably took a lot of secrets to his grave and now perhaps civil claimants will emerge from the shadows with rather fanciful claims.
August 10th, 2019 at 12:55:38 PM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: AZDuffman
Not sure how. Take out the 3-4 most violent cities and the USA has very low gun violence. And these are the cities with the strongest gun control laws.

Sorry but I am not letting rare tragedies be a reason to beg to have my freedom taken away.

Are those cities not in the United States? If you are subtracting US cities from the statistics, do I get to add foreign cities?

And not to beat a dead horse, but strict gun control laws on paper are ineffective without the ability to enforce them.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 11th, 2019 at 7:45:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Are those cities not in the United States? If you are subtracting US cities from the statistics, do I get to add foreign cities?

The point is skewed perception. I am not going to waste my time with an example because I think we both know how that can happen. Same as if you do not join a street gang your chances of death by shooting plummet.

Quote:
And not to beat a dead horse, but strict gun control laws on paper are ineffective without the ability to enforce them.

We have the ability. But it is easier to scream that we need more gun laws after a tragedy than work for a living and do good police work. And sorry but yes, some things cannot be prevented. Best course is situational awareness.
The President is a fink.
August 11th, 2019 at 12:36:48 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Could this be true???

China begins military invasion of Hong Kong

Let's go Brandon
August 11th, 2019 at 1:54:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Certainly may be possible.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2019 at 2:08:55 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Pretty gutsy. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-11/ukraine-triggered-after-leather-clad-putin-attends-biker-rally-crimea
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 13th, 2019 at 8:54:09 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Deese relative criticizes father of one of the two Canadian murderers for being irresponsible in the manner which he conducted his life and raised his son amidst drugs, alcohol and violence.

Autopsy by RCMP indicated each killer committed suicide by use of a firearm. Couldn't stand the mosquitoes, perhaps.