Threads: 135
Quote: aceofspades
Crime is illegal

The President is a fink.
August 8th, 2019 at 10:42:03 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Gun control does not stop killings. Where does that extremist stupid view come from? Only a total moron believes that. I support gun control and no way I believe that crap.
Less people would get killed but no way does gun control prevent killings. That's simply absurd
People still get killed in Japan, Australia and the UK. With gun control, less get killed

I agree with the "extreme stupid view" comment but after every killing we have the morons who believe it with signs that say "gun control - stop the killing". The politicians lead their speach with "stop the killing". Even our own moderator BBB has many posts with "stop the killing". Not sure I have ever heard anybody advocate to "reduce the killing'.

If you delve into the statistics enough they don't even show that gun control will reduce the killings. What they do show is that the US is a much more violent country than most.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 8th, 2019 at 11:11:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
I agree with the "extreme stupid view" comment but after every killing we have the morons who believe it with signs that say "gun control - stop the killing". The politicians lead their speach with "stop the killing". Even our own moderator BBB has many posts with "stop the killing". Not sure I have ever heard anybody advocate to "reduce the killing'.

If you delve into the statistics enough they don't even show that gun control will reduce the killings. What they do show is that the US is a much more violent country than most.

I agree with "stop the killing" More gun control, less people getting killed. All for that, stop the killing :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 8th, 2019 at 11:11:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
With gun control, less get killed

With the gun laws the way they
are, more people can prevent
crime with the guns they carry.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 8th, 2019 at 11:32:03 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: aceofspades
Crime is illegal
and fattening!
August 8th, 2019 at 11:33:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Mexico has strict gun laws and they are having a banner year in gun related killings:

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-02/narco-shootouts-and-surging-homicides-plague-mexico-city

And a slightly different view from the Mises institute:
https://mises.org/wire/theres-no-correlation-between-gun-ownership-mass-shootings-and-murder-rates
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 8th, 2019 at 11:37:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

USA is both a warrior and violent country. Was both even when just the Indians were here, last thing you wanted was to lose a tribal war.

Nothing will change this. It is DNA.
The President is a fink.
August 8th, 2019 at 12:02:04 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
" More gun control, less people getting killed.)

Would be interested in seeing your proof of that claim.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 8th, 2019 at 12:12:06 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Would be interested in seeing your proof of that claim.

UK. Japan, Australia
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"