In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 30th, 2018 at 6:08:44 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: petroglyph
I have said for years if Hillary ever did anything I approved of, I would say so. So maybe this is it?

I didn't perceive racism out of her joke. It was good to see her have an actual laugh, not a contrived one.

Same thing with Megyn Kelly. I didn't get racism out of her thinking blackface wasn't in itself, racist. The greatest form of flattery is emulation. The best child MJ impersonator was a white kid. There must be some points given for intent.

I found it amusing, she was giving the interviewer a little ribbing.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 30th, 2018 at 8:40:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
I found it amusing, she was giving the interviewer a little ribbing.

So you can honestly say that, if Trump
was being interviewed by Leslie Stahl
and she confused Corry Booker with
Eric Holder, and Trump jokingly said
"Well, they do all look alike", that you
and the MSM would all just have a
good chuckle over it.

Are you fricking kidding me? They
would tear him limb from limb and
you dang well know it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 30th, 2018 at 9:09:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
So you can honestly say that, if Trump
was being interviewed by Leslie Stahl
and she confused Corry Booker with
Eric Holder, and Trump jokingly said
"Well, they do all look alike", that you
and the MSM would all just have a
good chuckle over it.

Are you fricking kidding me? They
would tear him limb from limb and
you dang well know it.

When you've already got a reputation for making many clueless ignorant remarks about race, gender, ethnicity like Trump you don't get a break. That's the difference.

David Duke doing racial humor is not funny. Something like that.

DO YOU GET IT NOW! (probably not)
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2018 at 9:11:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Scientists in Switzerland think they've found a moss-like plant that's even better at relieving pain than cannabis.
This simple and unassuming plant is endemic to New Zealand and Australia, and it's name, however unflattering, is liverwort.

Comparing the medicinal effects of PET and THC, the researchers found that PET was better at relieving pain and reducing inflammation in the brain. It also came with fewer side effects.

https://www.sciencealert.com/moss-plant-liverwort-contain-substance-thc-cannabis-pain-relief-inflammation
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2018 at 9:43:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
making many clueless ignorant remarks about race, gender, ethnicity like Trump you don't get a break.

That you think that's the reason is
comical. It's right up there with all
Muslims are good people because
the ones you've dealt with are great.

The truth is, if you're a Lib, the Lib
press will give you a break on almost
anything. They'll find excuses to
laugh off every mistake you make.
You want the long list?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 31st, 2018 at 2:08:00 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
I never once heard of anyone being offended at this scene from Trading Places.

Quote: Trading Places
I certainly hope there's enough space on the train for me.
Naga, Naga Eboko, from Cameroon.
Do you remember me? It's Lionel Joseph.
Lionel, from the African Education Conference, right?
I was Director of Cultural Events at the Haile Selassie Pavilion.
I remember the Pavilion we have big fun there.

That kind of humor was more common in movies 35-40 years ago. You don't see it very often today.

October 31st, 2018 at 2:23:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
When you've already got a reputation for making many clueless ignorant remarks about race, gender, ethnicity like Trump you don't get a break. That's the difference.

No. When you are a conservative you do not get a break. THAT'S the difference.

When you are liberal you can do this and it is considered funny"

But that would get a conservative fired.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2018 at 2:29:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Sometimes I see white kids dressed as Jamaican Reggae musicians, including dark skin make up, on Halloween and don't get offended at all and doubt anyone else does, except maybe you.

It is a big thing to get offended over this these days. Try it on a college campus and see what happens. Minority kids will complain and the administration may actually punish you. Things have gotten so silly that white people were stopped from opening a taco shop in the pacific northwest.

We are in a world where we have a bunch of snowflakes waiting to be offended at anything, and as well minorities are being told to hate white people and "fight back" at any perceived offense. It is part of the race-industrial complex that I have pointed out but others deny exists.
The President is a fink.
October 31st, 2018 at 4:47:46 AM permalink
Dalex64

David Duke doing racial humor is not funny. Something like that.

DO YOU GET IT NOW! (probably not)

I agree, they would go after Trump for that joke.

https://www.thecut.com/2017/08/trump-cant-tell-two-blonde-women-apart.html

Fox news didn't go after her for making the remark. It was down page on the website when I looked, and they called the joke 'risky' or something like that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 31st, 2018 at 5:08:26 AM permalink
Dalex64
As for the biased media, yes, the media is biased, on both sides. I have linked to a media bias chart several times.

We see biased liberal sites go after conservatives, and biased conservative sites go after liberals.

What you are pointing out is the normal situation - a biased liberal site is less likely to post something negative about a liberal, and a biased conservative site is less likely to post something negative about a conservative.

What you have in this case is Fox news (yes they are a conservative biased site) barely making a mention about that Hillary joke. That doesn't tell you how hard a liberal biased site would go after Trump , but it does inform how unimportant Fox news thinks the story is to who they think their audience is.