In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 28th, 2018 at 11:02:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
It's a very, very good day for Trump.

CNN’s Carl Bernstein, the man made co-famous through his historic Watergate reporting, lied to us — to all of us. And he is now engaged in a cover up to protect this lie.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics/michael-cohen-donald-trump-june-2016-meeting-knowledge/index.html
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 28th, 2018 at 8:56:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Tim Conway is almost dead. His family is fighting over nursing home care, and says he is almost entirely unresponsive due to dementia.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 28th, 2018 at 9:17:58 PM permalink
rxwine
This has been one of my theories on why the auto industry never really embraced electric cars. This guy's Tesla was out of warranty.

Quote:
He says if he had been able to get a timely appointment, he was looking at a minimum of $14,000 in costs. At one point, he even considered destroying the car.

"I was infuriated beyond belief because everyone told me that it was an impossible car to work on" he said.

They were wrong.

"When I opened it up, I find out that it's the easiest car I've ever worked on. Easiest device I've ever worked on. They built a Lego car. It's like putting together Legos, taking apart Legos. If you can put together Legos you can put together a Tesla Model S."

I've always said the technology can be controlled by the consumer. They don't see a big profit in that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/this-man-was-so-fed-up-trying-to-get-his-tesla-fixed-that-he-ended-up-doing-it-himself/ar-BBMy7GB?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2018 at 2:24:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
This has been one of my theories on why the auto industry never really embraced electric cars. This guy's Tesla was out of warranty.

The reason is because there has never been any real consumer demand for electrics. Even with Tesla starting to hit real numbers it is very limited and will remain so for years.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2018 at 6:30:18 AM permalink
rxwine
There was once.
Quote:
A total of 33,842 electric cars were registered in the United States, and America became the country where electric cars had gained the most acceptance.[27] Most early electric vehicles were massive, ornate carriages designed for the upper-class customers that made them popular. They featured luxurious interiors and were replete with expensive materials. Sales of electric cars peaked in the early 1910s.

Electric vehicles had a number of advantages over their early-1900s competitors. They did not have the vibration, smell, and noise associated with gasoline cars. They also did not require gear changes. (While steam-powered cars also had no gear shifting, they suffered from long start-up times of up to 45 minutes on cold mornings.) The cars were also preferred because they did not require a manual effort to start, as did gasoline cars which featured a hand crank to start the engine.

40 percent of automobiles were powered by steam, 38 percent by electricity, and 22 percent by gasoline

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_electric_vehicle
August 29th, 2018 at 6:58:55 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Maybe should have posted this here instead of gigafactory thread:

Plug-in electric car sales, 2018 through July - over 153,000

https://insideevs.com/july-2018-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

that is about 22,000 a month.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 29th, 2018 at 7:35:36 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Tim Conway is almost dead. His family is fighting over nursing home care, and says he is almost entirely unresponsive due to dementia.

My father lived in a fraternity house with Tim (Tom) Conway at Bowling Green State University in Ohio.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 29th, 2018 at 8:06:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
My father lived in a fraternity house with Tim (Tom) Conway at Bowling Green State University in Ohio.

Loved Mchale's Navy growing up
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2018 at 10:29:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich

BGSU is my alma mater for both my Bachelors and Masters.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 29th, 2018 at 11:30:01 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Commerce Department Revises Second Quarter Growth Up to 4.2%

Winning...
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.