In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 29th, 2018 at 3:34:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

I clicked just on the link above

saw this

In 2000, Sampley called McCain a "Manchurian candidate" on his Web site and said that McCain was an agent of the Vietnamese, and in 2008, Kiley, who says he served in Vietnam for about a year, was behind an flier that claimed McCain was a "Hanoi Hilton songbird" who collaborated with the enemy. The fact checking website PolitiFact, quoting other U.S. prisoners of the Vietnamese, rated the claims “Pants on Fire” wrong.[3]

Do read these links you provide?
Its a very short Wiki article so this was not buried.
I have no interest in liars
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2018 at 3:51:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This is all I found so far.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081101084453/http://www.npc.navy.mil/NR/rdonlyres/330F85C7-5982-4B09-A46A-373964430AFB/0/Document.pdf
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 29th, 2018 at 4:08:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Do read these links you provide?
Its a very short Wiki article so this was not buried.
I have no interest in liars
I read the links I provide, but do skim some of the Wiki articles. They seem to be the preferred source for many on the boards.

Like I said there are plenty of articles, and not everyone considers JM a great hero. I purposely didn't say anything while others were mourning John, and complaining about the up down up on the flag, calling POTUS names about that event.

I look at it differently. It bothers me that the up down up on the flag, didn't include the POW flag. While so many are honoring McCain, no one even mentions the 134 killed on the Forrestal, or those the US left behind in the camps. Even Hanoi asked why the American list was [534?] and Vietnam had a list of over a thousand prisoners, that were kept for leverage for reparations, which McCain buried the evidence of in congress.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 29th, 2018 at 4:19:08 PM permalink
terapined
I look at it differently. It bothers me that the up down up on the flag, didn't include the POW flag. While so many are honoring McCain, no one even mentions the 134 killed on the Forrestal, or those the US left behind in the camps. Even Hanoi asked why the American list was [534?] and Vietnam had a list of over a thousand prisoners, that were kept for leverage for reparations, which McCain buried the evidence of in congress.

POW's left behind?
To me it has as much validity as the boogie man
Prisoners are tortured and die
How many prisoners survived Andersonville?
I really view this war as an international crime
Viet Nam never attacked the United States of America
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 29th, 2018 at 4:27:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

And South Korea never attacked China.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2018 at 6:08:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
And South Korea never attacked China.

And Germany never attacked us and we
declared war on them twice.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 29th, 2018 at 6:10:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
And Germany never attacked us and we
declared war on them twice.

But you do need to wonder how many people Asian Communist leaders killed after we left. "Re-education" they called it.
The President is a fink.
August 29th, 2018 at 6:28:34 PM permalink
petroglyph

POW's left behind?
To me it has as much validity as the boogie man
There was enough evidence in 81 that Reagan supported another investigation.

Quote:
Prisoners are tortured and die
How many prisoners survived Andersonville?
One of my ancestors died there.

Quote:
I really view this war as an international crime
The wars we are engaged in today aren't legal either. But at least in Vietnam many of the soldiers were drafted into that war. The military today is volunteer, so today's soldiers are at least that much culpable.

North Korea just returned some of the bones of soldiers in that war. Why would you think that there weren't any left behind [alive or dead] in Vietnam, but NK is returning remains now? The family's of our soldiers would like their remains returned, that isn't a big ask.

I didn't support that war, or this one but I do support our soldiers. Weren't you one of those singing McCains praises?
August 29th, 2018 at 6:45:07 PM permalink
terapined
What did the investigation in 81 uncover? Maybe a cottage industry in Viet Nam to feed crazy's with lies about prisoners for money
Left behind alive against their will??????
Sorry but I just really doubt that.
What solid proof is there?
I am sure there are lots of American bones still in Viet Nam and North Korea
Probably American bones all over Europe due to 2 world wars.
August 29th, 2018 at 7:18:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
What did the investigation in 81 uncover? Maybe a cottage industry in Viet Nam to feed crazy's with lies about prisoners for money
Left behind alive against their will??????
Sorry but I just really doubt that.
You would believe that our country involves itself in illegal international conflict but not leave a soldier behind? That's a tough logic for me to follow.

Quote:
What solid proof is there?
That is what the family's want released, is the evidence, testimony and radio intercepts. Why did JM fight to keep them classified?

Quote:
I am sure there are lots of American bones still in Viet Nam and North Korea
If they are just laying around in containers, might as well send them home.

Family's want the bones, they don't need speeches and platitudes.

I remember watching the nightly news in the 60's-70's and seeing all the flag covered caskets coming back. We should do that with every one of them, today and always. The death and dying needs to be in everyone's face, all the time, until the thought of war is to ghastly that politico's don't get away with having our youth fighting for the MIC.

Aren't you the guy that is always saying they support investigations?????