In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 15th, 2018 at 7:01:52 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Is that an attempted distraction from the news of "Former Trump campaign adviser Rick Gates is finalizing a plea deal with special counsel Robert Mueller's office, indicating he's poised to cooperate in the investigation, according to sources familiar with the case" (CNN)

That would be the 3rd one to make a deal.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 15th, 2018 at 7:18:12 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: beachbumbabs
But we don't know that. In fact, we know the opposite.
What don't we know? I am specifically suspect of anti-depressants. I have read claims about opportunity multiple target shooters, having their thought process altered my these medications. What I request, [publishing the drug contents of these shooters, as soon after the homicides as possible] is simpler than going door to door across the country searching every nook and cranny for somebody's hidden belly gun. You know, you absolutely do, that bad people are going to have guns. I think many of the homicides in the city's are already now done with stolen weapons. Taking guns away from honest people is just going to make it easier for thugs. https://www.emedicinehealth.com/ssris_and_depression/article_em.htm

Quote:
When compared to every other first world country, the one thing that correlates directly to the obscene number of shootings, is the obscene number of guns in this country, and the ease of getting them.
Are guns hard to get in Switzerland? Don't Canadians have guns? I call bull on that being the only common denominator. What is the proper amount of guns? What if you go out and take away 50% of American guns, would that be enough? Take away every gun in America, and instantly there will be a giant inrush of all the guns we have sold around the world coming back, to those that want them. AK's, rpg's the works. Germany confiscated guns.

Quote:
Not age, not drugs, not wealth, not one other thing.
Not sure what your arguing here, killing or the amount of guns? It has been discussed before, back out black shooters in America and we look much much better.

Quote:
Instead of being Switzerland,
https://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/Switzerland.asp Every house has a gun, it's the people not the inanimate metal.

Quote:
Australia, or the UK, we equate to...Yemen.
Think of a common denominator in Yemen....We are bombing a stone age people, further into the stone age. Just like Libya, and Iraq and Syria and.....How do we compare with our southern neighbor Mexico????

Quote:
Who are in the midst of a civil war. And so are we, though undeclared.
We are in a war with everything that moves, we are in a war with ideas, religions and colors and energy and against stupidity, and weather and, and, and. What aren't we at war with? https://www.globalresearch.ca/america-has-been-at-war-93-of-the-time-222-out-of-239-years-since-1776/5565946 And that is just the shooting wars. War is what we do. It is America's legacy.

Quote:
I'm talking about gun manufacturers and gun sellers, who insist on selling assault weapons to children.
Here is a short list to start with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_defense_contractors

Quote:
And greedy politicians who sit with their thumbs up their asses rather than putting responsible laws in place. Laws favored by a large majority of Americans,
That what you want then, majority rule?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 15th, 2018 at 7:24:54 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: kenarman
Sucide by car is quite a common method. Running down someone on purpose is hardly unknown. That is without even going into the terrorist attacks with trucks and pedestrians.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2013/2/18/1188022/-Accurately-Comparing-Death-Rates-from-Motor-Vehicle-and-Firearm-Use

From 2013
Car homicides 300
Car suicides 20000
Gun homicides 11000
Gun suicides 20000
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 15th, 2018 at 7:30:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody hearing the words 'coup attempt'
being batted around seriously? This is
astounding stuff, it looking more and
more like members of Obama's admin
attempted a coup d'etat to oust the
newly elected president from office to
cover the crimes they themselves committed.

This story grows by the minute almost, too
much to keep up with. Some are even saying
Mueller stopped working on Russia months
ago and has been full time on the coup instead.

FYI, Mad Magazine is not an actual news source.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2018 at 8:18:51 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
As well you should feel sorry for him,
they didn't prepare him in seminary
for the onslaught of truth to be found
in the outside world..

I think kenarman was more referring to the onslaught of untruths to be found in your posts.

You are correct though seminary didn't prepare me for the prejuideced attacks and especially how to deal with someone who doesn't care that they are wrong and has no interest in learning or being corrected.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
February 15th, 2018 at 9:51:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I never speak in untruths. Religious schools
seldom teach truth, they teach their version
of how things should be or should have
happened. It why cults like Xtianity or
Mormonism, or any cult for that matter,
doesn't encourage their followers to
have fellowship with outsiders. They
might become contaminated with the
actual truth (and often do) and end up
rejecting the brainwashing they've been
subjected to.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2018 at 11:27:58 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
Quote: ams288
Turns out the school shooter yesterday was a MAGA-hat wearing white nationalist who hates Jews and women. WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?!?!

looks like u WRONG again as usual...................
read it and weep brotha!

Local law enforcement says NO TIES to white nationalists
February 16th, 2018 at 12:56:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Canada has strict gun laws against pistols.

In the late seventies Philadelphia cops stopped responding to misdemeanors or fender benders, the town was inundated with gangs and guns. Even hippies started packing heat.

One founding member of Anonymous used to live in Oakland, CA squats, rooftops, warehouses, etc. but never carried a gun even near gang areas. A frequent Rail Rider, he never carried a gun. At a jungle outside a rail yard he met three lesbians two of which were young, beautiful featherweights but the third could bench press more than most men can so he fell in with them for some cross country train rides and a trip thru several Caribbean countries in a less than fully seaworthy sailboat. Carry a gun into some of those tropical countries and you do twenty years but walk around with a female who looks like she does one arm curls with a piano and you have no problems at all.
February 16th, 2018 at 12:56:52 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Anti depressants often do have side effects for a subset of the population. Such side effects can be sexual or can result in assaultive behavior.

Pathogens often play a role in violence but medicine seems to ignore such things. Its well known that pathogens radically affect host behavior in lower organisms but when a pathogen enters a human host it is assumed to lose such abilities.
February 16th, 2018 at 2:47:12 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
I'm talking about gun manufacturers and gun sellers, who insist on selling assault weapons to children.

This should be good. Please cite where gun manufacturers have stated that we should sell guns to people under 18 years old, much less "children" which to me means under 13. I'll wait for you!
The President is a fink.