In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 7th, 2016 at 8:03:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

The bird watchers are not amused as well. They used the facility the conservative terrorists thugs have taken over

Some of their quotes are priceless

"We have a just fear of nature from experience, but we don’t fear you gun-toting thugs in the least. You will never see us, but we and our cameras will always see you. We will #takebackmalheur from you terrorists, and will not rest until every one of you thugs and poachers is behind bars where they belong"

"a compulsive need for a gun for protection is cowardice. True bravery is facing the world, both human and animal, armed only with your wits. Unfortunately for the terrorists, they’re seriously lacking in wits."

"For years those of us who are wildlife photographers, birdwatchers and careers of wildlife, have been documenting the activities of you poachers and criminals around many of our nation’s wildlife refuges. With our powerful cameras, and ability to move unseen in the wilderness, we have found and documented your illegal hunts, your illegal traps and all sorts of illicit activities, and are constantly feeding that information to law enforcement, and we have finally got many of you poachers on the run and into jails."

http://news.groopspeak.com/the-oregon-militia-is-about-to-be-taken-down-by-birders/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2016 at 11:52:51 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Totally priceless. Totally Oregon. What a state!
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 7th, 2016 at 12:17:41 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
The bird watchers are not amused as well. They used the facility the conservative terrorists thugs have taken over

Some of their quotes are priceless

"We have a just fear of nature from experience, but we don’t fear you gun-toting thugs in the least. You will never see us, but we and our cameras will always see you. We will #takebackmalheur from you terrorists, and will not rest until every one of you thugs and poachers is behind bars where they belong"

"a compulsive need for a gun for protection is cowardice. True bravery is facing the world, both human and animal, armed only with your wits. Unfortunately for the terrorists, they’re seriously lacking in wits."

"For years those of us who are wildlife photographers, birdwatchers and careers of wildlife, have been documenting the activities of you poachers and criminals around many of our nation’s wildlife refuges. With our powerful cameras, and ability to move unseen in the wilderness, we have found and documented your illegal hunts, your illegal traps and all sorts of illicit activities, and are constantly feeding that information to law enforcement, and we have finally got many of you poachers on the run and into jails."

http://news.groopspeak.com/the-oregon-militia-is-about-to-be-taken-down-by-birders/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

I wonder if they felt the same way about the occupy movement, the numerous take overs of buildings for one cause or another, the illegal picket lines that keep people from earning a living, the too many to count-illegal blockades of legal resource development projects.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 7th, 2016 at 12:39:43 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

They lost their court case
It was taken all the way up the Supreme Court
You have 4 hard core conservatives on the Supreme Court
That's all it takes to hear a case, 4 votes.
The conservatives on the Supreme Court declined to hear the case.
That speaks volumes

/sigh. I have no idea what court case you're talking about.

It appears my passion ran away with me, and I'm arguing more on principle and concept than this case specifically. I think I'll respectfully ask to step back until I can get my eyes on details, because my one blurb, as well as what you've posted, is the only info I have.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 7th, 2016 at 1:19:07 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: kenarman
I wonder if they felt the same way about the occupy movement, the numerous take overs of buildings for one cause or another, the illegal picket lines that keep people from earning a living, the too many to count-illegal blockades of legal resource development projects.
Malheur bird sanctuary in Harney county to birders is where they worship what they appreciate. It is the "go to" place for birders, in the flight path for migratory birds between north and south. Birders don't care one way or the other about OWS.

All birders are not anti gun, we are against "bilagaana cats" who receive three square meals per day and a warm bed between killing sprees.

As far as the indians in terapines article, in that part of the world indians couldn't purchase liquor as late as the early sixties. Meanwhile many a shooter who goes out into the desert to fire away has defaced many sacred sites as well as looted for artifacts. They are out there digging up burial sites and blasting away at "petroglyhs".

Take over downtown Portland if they need to, but stay away from the birds except with the naked eye and a good lens.

I wonder how Bundy's cows are managing without him? Do people just hate wilderness and wild animals?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 7th, 2016 at 2:14:49 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face
/sigh. I have no idea what court case you're talking about.

It appears my passion ran away with me, and I'm arguing more on principle and concept than this case specifically. I think I'll respectfully ask to step back until I can get my eyes on details, because my one blurb, as well as what you've posted, is the only info I have.

From the Oregonian, the go to newspaper in Oregon regarding the case the terrorists are upset about

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2015/10/controversial_oregon_ranchers.html

On a different front the terrorists are fighting among themselves in the compound
Some terrorists think this is no place for Women and children
Some terrorists feel woman and children need to stay.
Do these crazy terrorists want to sacrifice their children like Waco. sick. Get the kids out of there
The woman and children are staying, what a bunch of sickos

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2016/01/at_bundy_encampment_outsider_s.html#incart_big-photo

I wonder if they felt the same way about the occupy movement.

The occupy movement was a protest
What is going on in Oregon is terrorism
The difference is guns. No real protestors are armed, only terrorist thugs
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 7th, 2016 at 4:23:47 PM permalink
kenarman

The occupy movement was a protest
What is going on in Oregon is terrorism
The difference is guns. No real protestors are armed, only terrorist thugs

Arson, riots, rape and murder were all part of the occupy camps. We all filter reality to make it conform to our view of the world.
January 7th, 2016 at 5:20:09 PM permalink
terapined
Arson, riots, rape and murder were all part of the occupy camps. We all filter reality to make it conform to our view of the world.

Overall it was a non-violent movement.
No loosely organized global movement is going to be completely free of crime
But all the movements public protests did not involve brandishing guns and high powered rifles as the terrorists in Oregon have done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_movement
January 7th, 2016 at 6:14:37 PM permalink
kenarman
Overall it was a non-violent movement.
No loosely organized global movement is going to be completely free of crime
But all the movements public protests did not involve brandishing guns and high powered rifles as the terrorists in Oregon have done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupy_movement

Overall most gun owners are non violent as well. Can't have it both ways.
January 7th, 2016 at 6:19:19 PM permalink
terapined
Overall most gun owners are non violent as well. .

Absolutely, I agree
Most gun owners don't take over buildings brandishing weapons like the conservative white terrorists in Oregon
In this Oregon terrorist act, I support the local sheriff.