In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 21st, 2015 at 1:39:18 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
But in recent decades scientific evidence has been building that particles can indeed become "entangled", so that no matter how far apart they are, they will always be connected.

The Delft experiment is conclusive because, for the first time, scientists have closed two potential loopholes at once.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/21/science-universe-einstein-idUSKCN0SF2IH20151021
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 21st, 2015 at 2:00:34 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
That's what Einstein called "spooky action at a distance."

He did not think it was wrong, but that quantum mechanics theory was incomplete. Ergo his efforts at unified field theory (alas!) and the rather obscure Einstein-Podowlski-Rosen thought experiment.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 21st, 2015 at 3:31:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Consumer Reports Stops Recommending the Tesla.

Looks like Teslas are not holding up well. Not totally surprising, cars are tricky things. Making a good one in initial tests is not the same as making ones that hold up well.
The President is a fink.
October 22nd, 2015 at 1:30:10 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: odiousgambit
What [I bet] a fly on the wall would have heard at the discussions about how to get women in combat units:

"OK, what have we learned from our experience with getting more women as firefighters? Consensus: do not let it slip out how we lowered the standards so they could pass the physical tests. That was a real mistake, everybody still talks about that. So this time all that is to be shut up. "

It is coming out? "Multiple sources" being quoted.

Just saying.

http://www.people.com/article/female-ranger-school-graduation-planned-advance

http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/25/sources-generals-decided-long-before-ranger-school-that-a-woman-will-graduate/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 22nd, 2015 at 6:02:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Ranger..... isn't that something you give up a multi-million dollar contract for only to get intentionally shot by someone in your own unit during some trumped up war where they don't even have a Baby Doc?
October 23rd, 2015 at 3:55:37 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I am very resigned about most things in our Brave New World/Modern Times that I don't like. Sometimes people look at me funny, thinking I should agree with them but getting little reaction. For example, somebody might go on about immigration - I have to tell them I just have quit thinking about it. I still favor the Immigration Act of 1924 as policy, so I can't really comment about the actual tweaks here and there people want to make today.

When it comes to messing with the military with social engineering ideas, though, I get worked up. I was never in the military so I can't tell you why this is.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 23rd, 2015 at 9:44:04 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: odiousgambit
When it comes to messing with the military with social engineering ideas, though, I get worked up. I was never in the military so I can't tell you why this is.

Heck, the incompetence of the US military is well known... social engineering? When the National Guard arrayed itself between strikers and Management goons and then turned one rank against each rather than considering management goons to be in the right that was considered rank social engineering.
October 24th, 2015 at 11:58:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I can't even imagine being responsible for this. I'd probably just plead guilty and ask the judge to sentence me.

Quote:
A woman arrested on a DUI charge crashed into a crowd of spectators Saturday during the Oklahoma State University homecoming parade, killing three people and injuring nearly two dozen others, police said.

Stillwater police Capt. Kyle Gibbs said the woman’s sedan plowed into an unoccupied motorcycle of an officer who was working security at the parade, then into the crowd. The driver of the sedan was taken into custody on a driving under the influence charge, Gibbs said.

Gibbs said three people were killed and 22 were injured in the crash Saturday morning, including eight who were airlifted to hospitals with critical injuries.

Police said Adacia Chambers, 25, was taken into custody on the DUI charge. Her hometown was not released.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/multiple-injuries-reported-in-crash-at-oklahoma-state-parade/2015/10/24/6a3c3cfa-7a70-11e5-a5e2-40d6b2ad18dd_story.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2015 at 12:20:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
I can't even imagine being responsible for this. I'd probably just plead guilty and ask the judge to sentence me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/multiple-injuries-reported-in-crash-at-oklahoma-state-parade/2015/10/24/6a3c3cfa-7a70-11e5-a5e2-40d6b2ad18dd_story.html
If that is from a certain Walker family in Anchorage, there is an absolutely insane gene that runs in that entire family. Several cousins out, I think they originated in Okalahoma.

A hint for the authority's: search for drugs.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 24th, 2015 at 1:12:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

Get a good attorney first, if she is lucky she gets out in 10 years or so.

Her mug shot gives the look of someone with substance issues, not sure why just does:

The President is a fink.