In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 1st, 2021 at 9:14:08 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Absolutely nothing Sat nite has done has made me angry
Nothing. Nada. Zero
Why do you think Trump supporters are angry at Alec?
I find it very weird
I have no doubt Gutfield makes fun of the left
Don't care and don't watch him. No hate from me
Yet
Trumpers are filled with hate for Alec
Kind of disturbing

I have no flipping idea how many people think. I do not understand people that support everything any President does. I hear people defending stupidity on both sides. Yes, I am a conservative. Yes, I dislike more of what liberals do than conservatives.

All I know is that I did not like Alec's Trump. It just wasn't funny to me. I thought Trump provided plenty of opportunities for good satire but I thought SNL missed the boat. I don't watch it as much as I used to, so maybe I missed the "good stuff"???

I do watch people I don't agree with to try to hear their arguments for their positions.

ii guess people can dislike, or hate, whoever they wish.
November 1st, 2021 at 9:49:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
The whole country is not laughing at Saturday Night Live because they have lost what they did best--making fun of everyone, no matter the party. I used to watch it every week back when it was a new show. I don't watch it as much anymore because they are just not that funny. The ratio of really good material to poor material is way off. Doing satire is hard for someone who hates their subject; it just comes off as a bitter attack. Not that should not be allowed to say or attack whoever they want to...it just makes crappy comedy.

They still have a decent audience but I think it would be much better if they fixed the ratio to have better bits.

There are lots of reasons to make fun of Trump; there are lots of reasons to make fun of Biden.

Been hearing SNL was not funny any more every few years since it premiered.

Tim Allen is way funnier then Gutfeld as far as right leaning comedians.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 1st, 2021 at 10:00:16 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Kudos to Biden for apologizing to the world for the damage done by the Orange Oaf in pulling us out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Trump did more harm to America's reputation in the eyes of the world than any president in history.

As we descend to being a second rate power we know who to blame.
November 1st, 2021 at 10:09:36 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: missedhervee

Yes we do and it is poopy pants dementia joe bidumb
Let's go Brandon
November 1st, 2021 at 10:12:42 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: fleaswatter

No, we have people such as yourself to blame.

There it is.
November 1st, 2021 at 10:14:20 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
No, we have people such as yourself to blame.

There it is.

Wow, what an outstanding come-back LOL
Let's go Brandon
November 1st, 2021 at 10:14:57 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter

Is that the next chant
Poopy pants
ROTFL
Bring it
This is why Joe will win 2024
Trumpers all about childish poop and of course the rising stock market
Dow closing in on 36k
Whats not to like :-)
I bought Ford over a year ago when I sold my house
up 158%
Go Joe
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 1st, 2021 at 10:52:31 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Kudos to Biden for apologizing to the world for the damage done by the Orange Oaf in pulling us out of the Paris Climate Accord.

Trump did more harm to America's reputation in the eyes of the world than any president in history.

Nothing to apologize for. Trump did no damage. Pulling out of Paris was a great thing. Just a money transfer scheme.

Biden wants to ban fracking, which is what did the most to reduce CO2 of anything.

Yes! Blame Biden as we descend to being a 2nd rate power. Picking people based on skin color and mutilating themselves to pretend to be a woman plus who they go to bed with is sure helping instead of picking the most qualified people.
The President is a fink.
November 1st, 2021 at 11:32:46 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

"Watch — The World Is Laughing at Joe Biden: ‘Needs a Retirement Home and a Bowl of Soup’

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 1st, 2021 at 11:43:00 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Been hearing SNL was not funny any more every few years since it premiered.

Tim Allen is way funnier then Gutfeld as far as right leaning comedians.

Different things are funny to different people. Comedy and satire is not one size fits all. Everyone likely has an era of SNL they liked best. They have some funny stuff; I just don't think that, for me, the percentage of good stuff to duds is high enough to bother watching. Sleep is a better option.

No one is really right or wrong on this issue...we just have opinions...