Thread Rating:

February 16th, 2021 at 6:52:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
Quote: odiousgambit
Women in power all get prima donna syndrome.

????????
Thats a human syndrome, not a female syndrome
not sure where you heard that

I'm 62
Its not what I heard or what other people say
Its what I've seen over and over
Haven't you?
I've heard it applied to men as an especially wicked insult, but it is quite literally and obviously appropriate for a certain type of woman, of course

Quote:
Interesting tag
No doubt I want academia, media, Hollywood, big-tech oligarchs, dominant non profits, deep state
It all represents freedom
Without all that, there is no freedom
I kinda have not been happy with how to describe these folks, enemies of freedom is not totally satisfactory, might work on that. What they are is a set of too powerful, too liberal influencers. I have only so much room in the tag.

Quote:
Take Academia
I had Donald Devine as a professor of political science
After taking his class. I had no idea what his personal politics were
Until
He quit his job at UMD to work in the Reagan admin
Whats your beef?...
My main beef with academia is that they are too cowardly to stand up to the BS on campus these days
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 16th, 2021 at 10:06:08 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Academia - I'm ok with it. Its fine in this country. Campuses remain free. Who knows, maybe China will change that. We will see. In Australia, academia now dependent on students from China and China using that power to influence academic policy
Media - No longer have the power they once had. The world has changed. They were the source of information. They have been replaced by the internet. I used to watch the evening news. I never watch the evening news. I check the internet, google news. Great aggregate
Hollywood - Its a business thats a refection of the audience. The ultimate agenda is eyeballs, not politics
Big Tech oligarchs - Dont need them. Facebook, twitter, youtube are all fluff. Mindless junk replacing the boobtube. Slime oozing out of your computer. Some are addicted to the slime. Thats freedom.
Dominant non-profits? Are they really dominant? They dont dominate me so nit sure where you are coming from
Deep State? WTF is Deep state?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 16th, 2021 at 10:33:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Academia - I'm ok with it. Its fine in this country. Campuses remain free.  Who knows, maybe China will change that. We will see. In Australia, academia now dependent on students from China and China using that power to influence academic policy
Media - No longer have the power they once had. The world has changed. They were the source of information. They have been replaced by the internet. I used to watch the evening news. I never watch the evening news. I check the internet, google news. Great aggregate
Hollywood - Its a business thats a refection of the audience. The ultimate agenda is eyeballs, not politics
might comment later on some of the above
Quote:
Big Tech oligarchs - Dont need them. Facebook, twitter, youtube are all fluff. Mindless junk replacing the boobtube. Slime oozing out of your computer. Some are addicted to the slime. Thats freedom.
but too powerful, too new, even the Dims worry
Quote:
Dominant non-profits? Are they really dominant? They dont dominate me so nit sure where you are coming from
what is meant by 'dominant' is 'big' . Thanks, I'm changing that to buy room
Quote:
Deep State? WTF is Deep state?
today much policy is made by the bureaucracies themselves, such as at the EPA, policy that Congress should be setting. This is the name for these bureaucrats, and naturally they're very liberal

I got this from a California conservative, Joel Kotkin... It struck me as a good list of today's too liberal "wielders of power and influence". I'm glad he's got your attention

https://joelkotkin.com/blue-today-bluer-tomorrow/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 18th, 2021 at 4:39:48 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Millions of Texans are suffering with no electricity, heat, and water and Ted Cruz apparently flew to Cancun for a nice little vacation with his family.

*this has to be fake right? He CAN’T really be that stupid? Right?!?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 18th, 2021 at 6:11:46 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Millions of Texans are suffering with no electricity, heat, and water and Ted Cruz apparently flew to Cancun for a nice little vacation with his family.

A true patriot! Rather than use much needed electricity that can be shifted to other Texans, he sacrificed and left the state! If a million or two other Texans would have also flown to Cancun then the crisis would be over! Did any other leaders use this brilliant thinking? No!

Can you say ‘Senator O’Rourke’?
February 18th, 2021 at 7:57:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Fox News has confirmed Ted Cruz did indeed fly to Cancun yesterday.

After receiving immense criticism, it appears he is on his way back to TX.

This is the upgrade list for this afternoon’s United flight from Cancun to Houston:

Hopefully Ted will score that upgrade! He’s next in line!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 18th, 2021 at 8:18:50 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Fox News has confirmed Ted Cruz did indeed fly to Cancun yesterday.

After receiving immense criticism, it appears he is on his way back to TX.

This is the upgrade list for this afternoon’s United flight from Cancun to Houston:

Hopefully Ted will score that upgrade! He’s next in line!

Learned something new today. Rafael turns into Ted?
February 18th, 2021 at 8:21:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Wow
This looks really bad
And
Its really bad in TX
It's like a 3rd world country on the brink of collapse
Texas off all places
Solid Republican state becoming a sh#& hole state right in front of the planet's eyes
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 18th, 2021 at 8:39:06 AM permalink
SOOPOO

Wow
This looks really bad
And
Its really bad in TX
It's like a 3rd world country on the brink of collapse
Texas off all places
Solid Republican state becoming a sh#& hole state right in front of the planet's eyes

I was just watching CNN. Interviewing the people affected. EVERY person interviewed was obese! I wonder if it was done on purpose? I can't figure out what motive CNN would have? Here in Buffalo during what we called the "October surprise" in 2006 people were without power for almost a week, some longer. I don't recall the fact that NY and the city of Buffalo is a Democrat state being blamed. I guess in retrospect, they should have? One of the people interviewed said they are 'suffering' with 3 hours of electricity on, then 8 hours off, then the cycle repeats. They just said 500,000 customers are without power. I think that means that 10,000,000 customers are with power? Media exaggeration? Of course!

I was without power for that October surprise. I think my house got down into the 40's. I wore a coat. Wasn't hard to 'survive'. Frankly, if you are dry, I think you should be able to survive for quite a while indoors in cold temperatures.
February 18th, 2021 at 8:46:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

I was without power for that October surprise. I think my house got down into the 40's. I wore a coat. Wasn't hard to 'survive'. Frankly, if you are dry, I think you should be able to survive for quite a while indoors in cold temperatures.

I don't own a coat heavier than a windbreaker. I would suffer.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.