In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 11th, 2020 at 6:22:08 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Florida’s governor drafts laws that would allow people to shoot looters

Totally agree! Something needs to be done about those rioters & looters!
November 11th, 2020 at 7:23:44 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
This guy is using the "lie, lie, then lie some more" strategy to try to get elected in Georgia

Cotton warned that if Democrats control the Senate, “they will pack the Supreme Court, they’ll make Washington, D.C. a state, they will outlaw anything but mail-in balloting with ballot harvesting, without any signature verification.”

He later added, “they will eliminate the Electoral College, they will raise your taxes, they will take your guns, they will use your tax dollars to fund late-term abortions.”

He missed "banning god" maybe he's saving that for later in the campaign.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tom-cotton-georgia-senate-runoff-elections-democrats.amp
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 12th, 2020 at 3:02:25 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
This guy is using the "lie, lie, then lie some more" strategy to try to get elected in Georgia

Cotton warned that if Democrats control the Senate, “they will pack the Supreme Court, they’ll make Washington, D.C. a state, they will outlaw anything but mail-in balloting with ballot harvesting, without any signature verification.”

He later added, “they will eliminate the Electoral College, they will raise your taxes, they will take your guns, they will use your tax dollars to fund late-term abortions.”

Seems to me that the Democrats have talked openly about doing everything you have listed here.
The President is a fink.
November 12th, 2020 at 6:01:38 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

He missed "banning god" maybe he's saving that for later in the campaign.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tom-cotton-georgia-senate-runoff-elections-democrats.amp

AZ beat me to the punch. Which example do you think the Democrats will not do if unchecked by a Republican Senate? I do not think they will outlaw in person voting. I’m not sure about ‘take your guns’ either. If it was ‘make it harder to possess firearms’, then I’d agree.

Bottom line is keeping the two Georgia Senate seats Republican keeps our country safe from the far left, at least for two more years.
November 12th, 2020 at 6:33:38 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: SOOPOO
AZ beat me to the punch. Which example do you think the Democrats will not do if unchecked by a Republican Senate? I do not think they will outlaw in person voting. I’m not sure about ‘take your guns’ either. If it was ‘make it harder to possess firearms’, then I’d agree.

Bottom line is keeping the two Georgia Senate seats Republican keeps our country safe from the far left, at least for two more years.

Ok, you mentioned two that will be constitutionally impossible -
outlaw in-person voting with or without the qualifications "with ballot harvesting" and "without any signature verification"
take your guns

it will also be constitutionally impossible to eliminate the electoral college.

the rest of the stuff they may or may not try to do, but it isn't a guarantee that they will try, nor a guarantee if they try that they will succeed.

Those first ones I mentioned, though, are straight-up fear mongering and lies.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 12th, 2020 at 6:44:50 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

U.S. politics are all about fear mongering because most people are morons and believe anything they hear.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 12th, 2020 at 6:53:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: DRich
U.S. politics are all about fear mongering because most people are morons and believe anything they hear.

Some of them even thought COVID would be forgotten about by May 2020...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 12th, 2020 at 7:20:32 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Some of them even thought COVID would be forgotten about by May 2020...

Yes, and some thought millions of people would already be dead in the U.S.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 12th, 2020 at 8:24:10 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Seems to me that the Democrats have talked openly about doing everything you have listed here.
Quote: SOOPOO

lol

Sometimes I wonder what world that guy lives in. 😂😂
November 12th, 2020 at 8:27:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Ok, you mentioned two that will be constitutionally impossible -
outlaw in-person voting with or without the qualifications "with ballot harvesting" and "without any signature verification"
take your guns

it will also be constitutionally impossible to eliminate the electoral college.

the rest of the stuff they may or may not try to do, but it isn't a guarantee that they will try, nor a guarantee if they try that they will succeed.

Face facts. You made a rant and we showed that the Democrats actually want what you ranted about someone saying.
The President is a fink.