In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 10th, 2020 at 3:16:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Fleastiff
Canadian actjuiion on airplane order makesx aerobus worried,

They cut their Aerobus order back in March.

Airplane manufacturers have taken a major hit.

Boeing is permanently laying off another 14,000 on top of the 19,000 lost in June.
November 11th, 2020 at 5:41:08 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
No surprise this hasn't been reported by the US MSM.

The Chinese government is more interested in curbing the power of monopolies than our government is.

Our politicians just hold meetings, while the Chinese government launches new antitrust rules.

China tech stocks tumble after regulators step up antitrust pressure

From the Article:

The tech-heavy ChiNext index in Shenzhen fell 3.3 per cent and Shanghai’s Star 50 index dropped 3.2 per cent on Wednesday after a top official with the China Banking and Insurance Regulatory Commission (CBIRC) promised to look closely at fintech monopolies.

The sell-off for Chinese tech stocks extended to Hong Kong, where the Hang Seng Tech index tumbled 6.3 per cent.

Hong Kong-listed shares in Alibaba dropped 9.8 per cent, taking them 14.4 per cent lower over the last two sessions and carving almost $117bn off the company’s market capitalisation.

Xiaomi, which has surpassed Apple as the world’s third-largest smartphone maker, was also down 12.1 per cent over the two days.
November 11th, 2020 at 6:39:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
No surprise this hasn't been reported by the US MSM.

It's a yawner
MSM is a business
Yawner stories will put them out of business
Postal worker recanting his weak hearsay complaint, that's stuff I will click on and read. These type of stories keeps MSM in business.
They are not some public service unit. It's a business trying to get the most eyeballs and clicks.
An important story to MSM is a story people want to read.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 11th, 2020 at 8:41:53 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
https://www.newsmax.com/election-maps/

This is kinda quiet, like a stealth report, but the newsmax electoral map now shows Pennsylvania and Nevada for Biden, North Carolina for Trump, and Georgia and Arizona still leaning biden.

What is missing from that page is the electoral vote total. It has gone away. It used to be there. I guess you have to do the math yourself.

If you do, you come up with 279 for President-Elect Biden, coincidentally that's what this cbs page says, though CBS still hasn't called NC for trump.
https://www.cbsnews.com/election/2020/election-center/
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 11th, 2020 at 8:57:05 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
It's a yawner
MSM is a business
Yawner stories will put them out of business
Postal worker recanting his weak hearsay complaint, that's stuff I will click on and read. These type of stories keeps MSM in business.
They are not some public service unit. It's a business trying to get the most eyeballs and clicks.
An important story to MSM is a story people want to read.

Glad to see that you have finally admitted that the MSM are just glorified grocery store mags with no relevance to the truth.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 11th, 2020 at 11:08:12 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
Glad to see that you have finally admitted that the MSM are just glorified grocery store mags with no relevance to the truth.

They have to report the truth or no eyeballs
That stuff about China Tanko posted
That's the kind of stuff Presidents need to read.
I read it, I can't do jack
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 11th, 2020 at 3:47:39 PM permalink
kenarman
They have to report the truth or no eyeballs

I sometimes even think you believe that is true. That is that is why the grocery mags get eyeballs because they only print the truth?
November 11th, 2020 at 3:56:19 PM permalink
terapined
I sometimes even think you believe that is true. That is that is why the grocery mags get eyeballs because they only print the truth?

Grocery mags don't have interesting stories
It's the stories that sell
The more interesting and truthful, the more eyeballs
Take 60 min TV show
Its gotta be interesting and truthful
I'm always looking for factual stories to read but it must be interesting and a good story.
I remember a contentious HOA board meeting I attended in my neighborhood. One neighbor so angry he invited a reporter from the St Pete times. The neighbor was full of bluster and BS. The reporter left with the remark " there's no story here" and left.
On the flip side, USPS employee recanting, that's a good interesting story. I heard he's got 130k in GoFundMe and GoFundMe may not pay. Very interesting story.
November 11th, 2020 at 4:15:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Grocery mags don't have interesting stories
It's the stories that sell
The more interesting and truthful, the more eyeballs
Take 60 min TV show
Its gotta be interesting and truthful
I'm always looking for factual stories to read but it must be interesting and a good story.
I remember a contentious HOA board meeting I attended in my neighborhood. One neighbor so angry he invited a reporter from the St Pete times. The neighbor was full of bluster and BS. The reporter left with the remark " there's no story here" and left.
On the flip side, USPS employee recanting, that's a good interesting story. I heard he's got 130k in GoFundMe and GoFundMe may not pay. Very interesting story.

There is no reporting that does not come from a particular point of view. They will always spin the facts to back-up this point of view. You always need to take anything you are told with a grain of salt and but also try and suppress your own bias since none of us are truly objective.
November 11th, 2020 at 4:21:41 PM permalink
terapined
There is no reporting that does not come from a particular point of view. They will always spin the facts to back-up this point of view. You always need to take anything you are told with a grain of salt and but also try and suppress your own bias since none of us are truly objective.

Oh I totally agree
I read "Into thin air"
Fascinating
Mount Everest was becoming a tourist destination resulting in competition to get your tourist to the top that resulted in tragic deaths
I was so interested
I read all the books on that infamous climb and got several perspectives