In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 25th, 2020 at 3:26:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
I have to repeat I never even heard of Juneteenth until this year. It will go with all he other Federal Holidays that federal workers get off but working people do not. Lynching is already a crime so a big so what there.

No more pandering than picking your running mate based on skin color or promoting UBI.

Oh please total pandering, right before the election? He suddenly needs to make these changes to society?

Biden sadly does not promote UBI, I wish that he did.
September 25th, 2020 at 4:12:48 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

No more pandering than picking your running mate based on skin color or promoting UBI.

lmfao, yeah...okay
September 25th, 2020 at 4:28:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
lmfao, yeah...okay

You are denying he picked HuH based on her skin color? He admitted as much!
The President is a fink.
September 25th, 2020 at 4:37:49 PM permalink
Tripdufan

I want my government to represent what America looks like. I want diversity in my government.

I still remember when I first started paying attention to politics, when I couldn't tell you what a republican or a democrat believed in. It was a time, quite honestly, i wish I could get back to. I remember watching the conventions and pausing them to take a look at the crowd. The republican convention? A sea of white people. The democrat convention? A picture of diversity and people from all walks of life.

I WANT my government to look like America. So no, I'm not denying that race played a part in Joe's pick. I celebrate it!

But Donald Trump has had 4 years to to release a "Platinum Plan" for Black America. Pretty damn obvious what he did here. Going from not knowing what Junteenth is to declaring a federal holiday? LMAO

Equating this to Joe's pick as equally pandering is laughable...like most of what you say when you're defending the indefensible.
September 25th, 2020 at 4:44:34 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I want my government to represent what America looks like. I want diversity in my government.

So you are saying skin color is more important than actual qualifications?

Quote:
I still remember when I first started paying attention to politics, when I couldn't tell you what a republican or a democrat believed in. It was a time, quite honestly, i wish I could get back to. I remember watching the conventions and pausing them to take a look at the crowd. The republican convention? A sea of white people. The democrat convention? A picture of diversity and people from all walks of life.

SO WHAT? Anyone is allowed to join the GOP. And they come from all walks of life.

Quote:
I WANT my government to look like America. So no, I'm not denying that race played a part in Joe's pick.

But Donald Trump has had 4 years to to release a "Platinum Plan" for Black America. Pretty damn obvious what he did here. Equating it to Joe's pick as equally pandering is laughable...like most of what you say when you're defending the indefensible.

You should like the plan then since skin color is very important to you. Myself, I think qualifications are more important. I think "diversity" means different qualifications and experiences.
The President is a fink.
September 25th, 2020 at 4:45:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

Well, Biden HAD to pick a running mate. It wasn't like something he could wait on, whereas Trump whipping out an executive order for pre-existing conditions is pure pandering and too little too late.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 25th, 2020 at 4:48:51 PM permalink
Tripdufan
So you are saying skin color is more important than actual qualifications?

SO WHAT? Anyone is allowed to join the GOP. And they come from all walks of life.

You should like the plan then since skin color is very important to you. Myself, I think qualifications are more important. I think "diversity" means different qualifications and experiences.

Uh, duh, of course qualifications are important. Kamala is more than qualified. I'm not worried one bit about her qualifications.

Trump, otoh, "who knew health care was so complicated."

People who were qualified...that's who.

(Maybe a big reason why after "promising" a gop health care plan in "two weeks" several times...we still haven't seen it.)
September 25th, 2020 at 5:08:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Uh, duh, of course qualifications are important. Kamala is more than qualified. I'm not worried one bit about her qualifications.

Trump, otoh, "who knew health care was so complicated."

People who were qualified...that's who.

(Maybe a big reason why after "promising" a gop health care plan in "two weeks" several times...we still haven't seen it.)

Yeah, she was so qualified she dropped out of the race before one vote was counted!

As to qualifications, her record is not all that special. No executive experience at all. But her skin color is the right shade, so she got picked!
The President is a fink.
September 25th, 2020 at 10:42:43 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
If you are really worried about the china virus, stay off of a plane. Heck, some people are afraid to vote in person. People that are so afraid they think one kid without a mask is their death need to stay home. Or Karen can drive in her own car.
September 27th, 2020 at 5:56:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
YIKES!!!

It turns out the Lincoln Project may have been too effective...

Former Trump campaign manager, Brad Parscale, armed, barricades self in Fort Lauderdale home, police called

Quote:
Fort Lauderdale Police responded to a home in reference to an armed male attempting suicide Sunday afternoon. When officers arrived on the scene, they made contact with the wife of the man who told them her husband was armed, had access to multiple firearms inside the house and was threatening to harm himself. She had placed the 911 call.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman