In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 2nd, 2020 at 12:57:48 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Sure you can.

Come on surely you believe in "age of consent" ?

If you don't, I probably won't change your mind....

Whether there was a ban or not the gays abused the boys. And that was the reason for the ban, how the gays behaved.

Again, the numbers turned to virtually zero, after gays were allowed to join.

You say it was how gays behaved. But, almost all were straight married (with kids, that is why they were Scout leaders....) Yes, I am sure you will go into some conspiracy about them being fake married....

But, the fact is: After gays were allowed to join, sustained abuse claim rates hit virtually zero.

Catholic priests have to take a vow of chastity. So if gay males want to join as long as they keep the vow they may join. Clearly many broke the vow.

Probably many straight priests do as well.

I am fine with priests breaking Chasity vows as long as it is adult consensual sex, which abusing kids is not.....

It clearly has been a problem. You just refuse to both see the problem and to understand about "appearance of impropriety." You seem to subscribe to some post-modern philosophy of life where gender is meaningless. BSA is going down the tubes. That they allowed girls to join is just the last nail in the coffin of a once great organization.

Your position that gay males cannot be sex predators is trying indeed.

I have never said gay males cannot be sex predators. The overwhelming evidence is almost all sex predators (yes some exceptions) are males.
The vast majority straight males. You can make some shadowy arguments about fake marriages, lying about sexuality, etc...

I don't believe gay men are any more likely to be sex predators than gay men. Sex predators are men (again generally speaking), some are gay some are straight, some are probably Bi.

As for BSA going down the tubes, I know they are going through a bankruptcy right now (due to endless civil claims against them for past abuse, again before Gay men were allowed in....), from what I can tell this move is more of a way to stop lawsuits than because it is on the decline (I think membership rates have actually been spiking, especially after allowing girls to join as you open up a whole new segment of the population). We will probably see more over the next year how it is reorganized. But, it has been around for over 100 years, and I don't think it is going away, it is adjusting for the times (which is good). The one thing they are still holding out on that I still can't believe is not allowing atheists.... To me this is just an absurd holdout (probably to appease their religious funders). But, I still think its a great organization, and I think most people who join will get a lot out of it...
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:33:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Gandler
There are endless examples of adult males having sex with minor females..... There are probably far more examples of men abusing underage females, but its hard to find a breakdown since it is such a shadowy issue.....

I will agree that women are almost never pedophilies or have sex with minors (yes there are a couple examples you can find over the last decade, but its a statistical non-issue).... Its almost always men who are the violators (generally straight men, I am sure you will disagree, but that is the reality)....

If you put "charged with molesting" in Google the cases go on for who knows how many pages.

I don't know what the breakdown is either.

Also, even when they list an age of the victim, it sometimes says, the molesting has been going on for years even if the person is now in their teens.

When they had a "To Catch a Predator Show" on I don't recall any women getting caught. Straight guys trying to have sex with underage girls was the norm by getting into chats with them.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:38:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: rxwine
If you put "charged with molesting" in Google the cases go on for who knows how many pages.

Also, even when they list an age of the victim, it sometimes says, the molesting has been going on for years even if the person is now in their teens.

When they had a "To Catch a Predator Show" on I don't recall any women getting caught. Straight guys trying to have sex with underage girls was the norm by getting into chats with them.

I totally forgot about that show. That is a great example of men using the internet to seek underage girls. I am sure it sadly happens regularly.....

But, yeah the evidence seems to clearly show that men violating underage girls is far more common.....
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:53:21 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

That’s true, a few were men trying to get with boys, but way fewer than half. I think the website they worked with listed the predators featured on the show and others who did not make it on the show. I visited that site once and I don’t think any females were even on it. They had the chat logs from the predators that did appear on the show...not anything you’d ever want to read. If you think the show was screwed up, some of those chat logs were even worse.

Is there a word to describe something being bitterly funny and disgusting at the same time? That’s the word I would use to describe the guy on one episode who walked into the place and promptly took off all of his clothes. Some youngish Indian guy.

It’s really weird about predators because you never know who they are. That’s just to say there aren’t really any consistencies other than generally male. Virtually every race was represented, except there may not have been any Chinese/Japanese predators that I recall...but white, black, Indian, a Mexican guy or two, a Jewish rabbi...a teacher or two.

One guy was a District Attorney, or something, but he never actually showed up, I don’t think. When he was outed for trying to set up the deal, he killed himself before they could arrest him. I think he might have drove by the house and thought better of it, or maybe he heard about the sting through the grapevine and thought better of it.

The other thing was these guys weren’t universally socially maladjusted, though a few were. Some of them were married, had good jobs and/or otherwise shouldn’t really have a problem attracting legal aged women.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 2nd, 2020 at 1:57:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

You say it was how gays behaved. But, almost all were straight married (with kids, that is why they were Scout leaders....) Yes, I am sure you will go into some conspiracy about them being fake married....

This is why we cannot continue this conversation. See, if they went with same sex boys-----THEY WERE GAY!

If they were straight, they would not be going for boys/yutes.

Get it?
The President is a fink.
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:05:37 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
This is why we cannot continue this conversation. See, if they went with same sex boys-----THEY WERE GAY!

Get it?

I don’t know what there is to get, certainly a good many were gay or bisexual. A non-zero number were probably in for-show marriages.

Of course, my experience has been that the Boy Scouts is practically a de facto religious organization, so that these sorts of things would be happening is of no surprise to me.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:18:08 PM permalink
Gandler

Get it?

No.

I don't buy that.

If somebody lives there whole life as a straight man, but also abuses kids, that does not make them gay.

If a person lived their whole life as a gay man, but was arrested for abusing a girl, would that make them straight?
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:25:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
No.

I don't buy that.

If somebody lives there whole life as a straight man, but also abuses kids, that does not make them gay.

If a person lived their whole life as a gay man, but was arrested for abusing a girl, would that make them straight?

A straight man will not go for kids.
A gay man will not go for girls.

A male that goes with other males is gay.
The President is a fink.
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:29:27 PM permalink
Gandler

You can't be serious?

If a straight man abuses young girls he is not a straight man?
But, if a gay man abuses young boys he is gay?
August 2nd, 2020 at 2:40:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

You can't be serious?

If a straight man abuses young girls he is not a straight man?
But, if a gay man abuses young boys he is gay?

LOL

I told you!

Duffman has this insane view that straight men can’t be pedophiles!

Now do we really need another 10 pages of this thread devoted to proving that he is a very confused individual when it comes to human sexuality? The case is closed.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman