In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 28th, 2020 at 2:16:21 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
Absolutely true!

But I don’t own a store. And I never will own a store.

And the Target corporation will be just fine. Which has been my point all along.
Target may be fine, maybe even get a bonus because this store wasn't a big winner for them previously? So, they decide not to rebuild in that location, collect the insurance yada yada, and all the little satellite stores that hung around because of the draw of Target, go out of business forever, creating a brick and mortar desert.

http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2020/05/retail-store-closures-have-huge-impact.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 28th, 2020 at 2:18:24 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Absolutely true!

But I don’t own a store. And I never will own a store.

And the Target corporation will be just fine. Which has been my point all along.

It is painful to read your response.

Target will be just fine? That's your response to arson and looting? How about when next year there is no Target in that fine neighborhood, and Walmart decides it's not worth it. Of course then when no other chain will locate there, it will be the racist policies of the corporation's fault?
What about the small grocery store that basically doesn't exist anymore? You also realize EVERYONE will pay more for goods if Target re-opens, as their insurance costs go up? Do you care about the newly unemployed?
May 28th, 2020 at 2:28:03 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
It is painful to read your response.

Target will be just fine?

Yes.

Quote:
That's your response to arson and looting?

Yes.

Quote:
How about when next year there is no Target in that fine neighborhood, and Walmart decides it's not worth it. Of course then when no other chain will locate there, it will be the racist policies of the corporation's fault?

Speculation.

Quote:
What about the small grocery store that basically doesn't exist anymore?

Places like Target and Walmart put them out of business. Not sure what they have to do with looting.

Quote:
You also realize EVERYONE will pay more for goods if Target re-opens, as their insurance costs go up?

Not really. Target seems to have pretty standard pricing across all their stores.

Quote:
Do you care about the newly unemployed?

Sure do! All 40+ million of them thanks to our disastrous GOP president!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 28th, 2020 at 3:14:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Target may be fine, maybe even get a bonus because this store wasn't a big winner for them previously? So, they decide not to rebuild in that location, collect the insurance yada yada, and all the little satellite stores that hung around because of the draw of Target, go out of business forever, creating a brick and mortar desert.

http://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2020/05/retail-store-closures-have-huge-impact.html

Probably true, but little stores existed before Targets came along.

Are ya'll starting a go fund me for Target? Or what?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 28th, 2020 at 3:16:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kewlj
I have no problem with a Target being looted. Sorry it is under these circumstances though.

When they do a remake of 'rainman' it will be "Target sucks!"

Why would you say that? Would you find it funny if they looted your house?

If it is a joke do not quit your day job.
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2020 at 3:18:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Probably true, but little stores existed before Targets came along.

Are ya'll starting a go fund me for Target? Or what?

Looting is looting. Does not matter the "size" of the victim.

What is so great about having little stores? They had "little stores" in LA in 1992, they got looted because Koreans owned them.
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2020 at 3:20:14 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Do you care about the newly unemployed?

Absolutely
That's why we need a new President
This country is becoming the virus capital of the world
We will never contain it. It will effect businesses for years.
Other countries economies will recover. Ours wont.
Meanwhile S Korea counts their dead in the hundreds while we go over 100k. How long to 200k.
Right wing business owners banning masks. 300k coming and coming too soon
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 28th, 2020 at 3:21:30 PM permalink
rxwine
edit - addressing to Duff and others who seem to have some sort of issue.

Whatcha wanna do, arrest people who loot and burn property. Yup. Who disagrees with that?

That's what happens. What's your problem? You don't have any.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 28th, 2020 at 3:25:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
edit - addressing to Duff and others who seem to have some sort of issue.

Whatcha wanna do, arrest people who loot and burn property. Yup. Who disagrees with that?

That's what happens. What's your problem? You don't have any.

You seem to disagree with it. At the least you seem to favor the looters over the shareholders and employees of Target.

As was said above, when things are not rebuilt and the town dies they will blame "racism."
The President is a fink.
May 28th, 2020 at 3:42:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
You seem to disagree with it. At the least you seem to favor the looters over the shareholders and employees of Target.

As was said above, when things are not rebuilt and the town dies they will blame "racism."

Your opinion has nothing to do with what I said.