In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 12th, 2020 at 1:37:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
If the guy actually saw patients maybe I would hold him in higher esteem. As it is he just another bureaucrat who will say stay closed because he is literally afraid for his career and status if he says to open.

You said everyone would have forgotten about the virus by May 4. I don’t think anyone is listening to what you say on the subject anymore.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 12th, 2020 at 1:44:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
You said everyone would have forgotten about the virus by May 4. I don’t think anyone is listening to what you say on the subject anymore.

yeah... he was off a bit. I do wonder when the next day (date) will be that I do not think about it once during the day at all. I am guessing that wont be until 2021. maybe even longer.....
May 12th, 2020 at 1:46:00 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
yeah... he was off a bit. I do wonder when the next day (date) will be that I do not think about it once during the day at all. I am guessing that wont be until 2021. maybe even longer.....

I’d guess even longer.

Life has changed. Going to be a “new normal.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 12th, 2020 at 2:35:46 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: terapined
The latest WTF news
A lockdown protestor was armed with a bazooka
This is absurd. Whats next, a tank?

That's a LAW (Light Anti-tank Weapon), looks to be an M136. Bazookas are way longer and skinnier, and have been out of fashion since, like, the 50's.

It's a metal tube. They're a dime a dozen. Go to any sportsman show and there'll be one for sale. It's something a hoplophile hangs on their wall for decoration, not for liberating the proletariat.

If it was a live weapon, that man would need not only the same NFA Class III horses#$% to jump through as he would a proper machine gun, including year-long background check and several hundreds dollars for the honor, but also would be required to adhere to all laws governing Explosives and Destructive Devices, which would expressly prohibit toting in public in that manner. And that thing runs ~$1,000 per round, and you'd need that NFA Class III stamp for each and every round you have, not just the M136 itself. And-and, it's a goddamn 84mm rocket. The round is about the size of a log of bologna; where's he got 'em, in his arse?

It's the straight right's version of a gay pride parade, basically. Putting it in your face to say "I'm here, with bandolier, get used to it." Distasteful maybe, but his right under the law.

In conclusion, f#$% cosplayers. Be Roof Korean or be nothing.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
May 12th, 2020 at 3:55:40 PM permalink
SOOPOO
No in person classes at California State schools in the fall. Jettison the state.

Tuition seems around $11k for in State students. So slightly less expensive than Phoenix University. So if you were going just for the education, you will probably stay with the Cal school. Buttttt...... what if you were planning on attending a private school like USC, or Stanford...... you want to spend triple that to sit in front of your computer? I am not sure if the private schools will have to follow suit.

Wife's younger daughter is supposed to be starting SUNY school in the fall. I pray she is able to GO to school, as opposed to starting her college career sitting in her bedroom.

I heard earlier in the day that Purdue University already announced they will be open in the Fall for students to attend classes.
May 12th, 2020 at 4:04:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
No in person classes at California State schools in the fall. Jettison the state.

Tuition seems around $11k for in State students. So slightly less expensive than Phoenix University. So if you were going just for the education, you will probably stay with the Cal school. Buttttt...... what if you were planning on attending a private school like USC, or Stanford...... you want to spend triple that to sit in front of your computer? I am not sure if the private schools will have to follow suit.

Wife's younger daughter is supposed to be starting SUNY school in the fall. I pray she is able to GO to school, as opposed to starting her college career sitting in her bedroom.

I heard earlier in the day that Purdue University already announced they will be open in the Fall for students to attend classes.

I know a guy's daughter going to Tennessee. Said classes are for sure on, at least for now. He wanted her to go SUNY but nogo.

If you are sitting in front of a computer there is zero reason to go to a private school. The advantage there is the connections. Rich kids meeting rich kids most of whom have connections already. The material is not so different. I went to a state school and one history prof said what he taught was the same as you would get from Harvard. (DISCLAIMER: He worked on the Manhattan Project and it screwed him up for life so maybe maybe not.)
The President is a fink.
May 12th, 2020 at 4:43:59 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: ams288
You said everyone would have forgotten about the virus by May 4. I don’t think anyone is listening to what you say on the subject anymore

Oh, this is precious. So a bombastic libbie who predicted a Hillary blowout in 2016 now has the gall to make fun of somebody's else prediction?!?! lol 🤣🤣🤣
May 12th, 2020 at 4:49:49 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
This is only the beginning. Just watch.

Washington state restaurants will have to keep log of customers to aid in contact tracing

George Orwell would be so proud!!!
May 12th, 2020 at 4:57:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Shrek
Fauci warns against 'prematurely' opening U.S. states in coronavirus pandemic

Anyone else getting sick of this guy??
You can tell he LOVES all the attention he's getting.

He hasn't gotten this much attention in 40 years of being a useless government bureaucrat. 🙄

If the guy actually saw patients maybe I would hold him in higher esteem. As it is he just another bureaucrat who will say stay closed because he is literally afraid for his career and status if he says to open.

Trump is the "decider" as Bush would have said. Trump can fire him and hire someone else. Put the blame on Trump where it belongs if you don't like what Fauci is doing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 12th, 2020 at 5:01:14 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Shrek
This is only the beginning. Just watch.

Washington state restaurants will have to keep log of customers to aid in contact tracing

George Orwell would be so proud!!!

Forget the civil liberties part....

So I go to Burger King on June 1, and on June 10 some guy who had been at Burger King on June 1 tests positive. What do I do? Self quarantine for a week and not go to work? Me and the other 400 people who were at that BK that day? Plus he was at McDonalds on June 2. Another few hundred to be tested and quarantined? He was at Walmart on June 3. Maybe 800 more? Uh oh, the 4 prostitutes he used between June 1 and June 10 did not leave him contact information!

Seriously, imagine how many places you go on a normal day. Multiply that by 14 for two weeks you may have been infectious by the time you get your positive result. And how many people were at those same places. And how many people and places those people were in contact with.

Good grief.