In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 20th, 2020 at 9:46:02 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490825-governors-win-high-marks-for-coronavirus-response-outpacing-trump

details from more states there.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 20th, 2020 at 12:07:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Dalex64
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/490825-governors-win-high-marks-for-coronavirus-response-outpacing-trump

details from more states there.

Not really surprising, most of the life-saving policies are coming in at the State level.
April 20th, 2020 at 12:19:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Is the price of crude oil below zero? https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-oil-is-11-a-barrel-now-but-three-times-that-in-autumn-11587392745

How can we take advantage of negative oil rates?

https://youtu.be/LoyVabkWlqY
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 20th, 2020 at 12:38:47 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
This is beautiful to watch. Trump is giving another masterclass in political strategy just like he did in 2016.

Governors slam Trump's call to 'liberate' states where protesters object to coronavirus restrictions

Trump is forcing the hand of libbie governors like Gabbin Newsom, Fredo's brother, Steve Sissy-lackey, and the Wicked Whit of the (Mid)west.

He forcing them to own the lockdown because he knows 6 months from now unemployment will be sky high and the economy will be in shambles. But when people try to blame him, he can just shrug his shoulders and point to all the libbie governors and say "I wanted to reopen America, but they didn't want to!"

And voters will give him a landslide victory. He might even win with 55-60% of the vote. Mark my words.
April 20th, 2020 at 12:52:21 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Shrek
This is beautiful to watch. Trump is giving another masterclass in political strategy just like he did in 2016.

Governors slam Trump's call to 'liberate' states where protesters object to coronavirus restrictions

Trump is forcing the hand of libbie governors like Gabbin Newsom, Fredo's brother, Steve Sissy-lackey, and the Wicked Whit of the (Mid)west.

He forcing them to own the lockdown because he knows 6 months from now unemployment will be sky high and the economy will be in shambles. But when people try to blame him, he can just shrug his shoulders and point to all the libbie governors and say "I wanted to reopen America, but they didn't want to!"

And voters will give him a landslide victory. He might even win with 55-60% of the vote. Mark my words.

I'll bet any amount of money you are willing to escrow with Wizard that Trump does not get 50% or more of the popular vote. Mark my words.
April 20th, 2020 at 1:13:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll bet any amount of money you are willing to escrow with Wizard that Trump does not get 50% or more of the popular vote. Mark my words.

SLAM

😂😂😂😂

I live when SOOPOO destroys the righties!!!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist imitating his pointless posts.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 20th, 2020 at 2:40:03 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
SLAM

😂😂😂😂

I live when SOOPOO destroys the righties!!!

Sorry, I couldn’t resist imitating his pointless posts.

Thank you ams. But I did not destroy Shrek. I just disagree with his assessment of Trump's support, and am willing to bet on my evaluation of his likely Electoral win, but popular loss. I think there may be a precedent for that?
April 20th, 2020 at 4:07:31 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6

You're right, I totally totally forgot that DEMocRATS love voter fraud. There are 11+ million illegals in this country, and we all know they'll be voting for DEMocRATS. Also, the millions of people who have died will also be voting for DEMocRATS.

In a fair election, Trump would win with 55-60% of the vote, but with all the fraud by DEMocRATS that probably won't happen.
Oh well, thank god for the electoral college. That will prevent DEMocRATS from stealing the presidency from him.
April 20th, 2020 at 4:17:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

So what. Majority vote is meaningless,
it never elects a president. Move to
Central America if that's what you
want.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 20th, 2020 at 4:47:12 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Evenbob
So what. Majority vote is meaningless,
it never elects a president. Move to
Central America if that's what you
want.

Where did you get the idea it is what I want? I saw someone make an outlandish claim, and was hoping he would bet on it. Couldn't be simpler.

His answer about the 11 million illegals voting is cute. I highly doubt even a million of them vote illegally......