In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 24th, 2014 at 1:20:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
NRA = Too many guns = Children getting shot

Again, what did the NRA have to do with it?

Perhaps you are confused. If we had more home-schooling the kids would not be in school. Thanks, NEA!

As I always say, if you do not want to own a gun, don't buy one. That will mean there are fewer guns, correct?
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2014 at 1:32:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Various definitions of NRA

Quote:
A national organization for the purpose of upholding the second amendment, which is an important piece of the constitution of the United States of America. Those who are opposed to it should move to an overseas gun-banning country.

The NRA tries to make sure that America stays America.

Quote:
National Restaurant Association. An important organization which protects American citizen's God-given right to enjoy tasty food.

Those who are opposed to it should move to an overseas restaurant-banning country.

Quote:
Once a decent organization promoting 2nd amendment rights and responsible gun ownership, the NRA is now a giant collection of nutcases and idiots who think people calling for laws to regulate guns and keep them out of the wrong hands is code for "repeal the 2nd amendment and take everyone's guns away".

Quote:
National Rifle Association: A fine organization that fights to uphold Americas 2nd Amendment right whether liberal pussies like it or not.

To the Europeans piss off! you have no right to self defense and don't live in America..So don't bother writing a definition.

Quote:
Nice Real Americans

Quote:
national ringworm association

Quote:
Nympho Riders of America. A group who advocates sexual liberation.

I'm a card carrying member of the NRA, and I get more pussy than the humane society!

Quote:
National Rifle Association. A group in America rallying to uphold the law allowing the people of America should be allowed to bear arms. Part of the reason why America's gun laws are overly relaxed so that the mentally insane, criminals and blind people can now own guns in America.

Quote:
National Redneck Association

courtesy of the Urban Dictionary.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2014 at 1:47:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

Perhaps you are confused. If we had more home-schooling the kids would not be in school. Thanks, NEA!

You are right, just too dangerous in this country to send your child to school.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 24th, 2014 at 2:35:58 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
You think cops first became enamored of guns when they went into the Marine Corps? Most were gun enthusiasts as young kids and proud NRA members.
October 24th, 2014 at 2:51:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
You are right, just too dangerous in this country to send your child to school.

Schools are "gun free zones" so logically shootings cannot happen. The bigger danger is from how they manage the kids.
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2014 at 3:29:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Another school shooting.

Fox underplaying it.

They are? Just watched their evening news
and they led with the story and spent 6min
on it. That's underplaying it to you? They
mentioned it two more times in the first 30
min of the show.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 24th, 2014 at 7:38:23 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Then please explain why we have school shootings in Canada then.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 24th, 2014 at 7:47:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Norway has no guns and how many were
killed at that camp a couple years ago.

People like you never understand the
simplest of concepts: Guns don't
kill people, people kill people. And
SUV's don't kill people, the drivers
do.

Hard as it is to believe, before there
were guns, there were still worldwide
mass killings, mostly with swords
and sharp weapons. Yet I've never
heard of one country that tried to
outlaw swords and knives. If your
neighbors have them, you damn well
better have them too. Unlike now, people
understood simple concepts.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 24th, 2014 at 8:16:20 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
Norway has no guns and how many were
killed at that camp a couple years ago.

What happened in Norway was tragic.
My reaction to what happened today in that school was maybe a little over the top :-)
It just saddens me to see children killed.

Honest question.
What's the solution to preventing these types of tragedies.
Armed guards at the schools?
Armed teachers?
No school, everybody home schooled?

These type of tragedies will continue. Can they be prevented?
I believe Norway was an aberration. Once in a lifetime tragedy for that country. In this country its school shooting after school shooting. Its never ending here, over and over.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 24th, 2014 at 11:56:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Yet I've never
heard of one country that tried to
outlaw swords and knives.

Comparing knife crimes to guns is one that moron B9 somehow thought was clever.

First off, a total ban expecting knives to nearly disapear has to have some hopes of working even a little bit. Otherwise, only total morons could believe it makes any sense at all. You can do little to control them considering a 7 year old with no help at all or even input can make something sharp.

The only reason to ban them is so you can exact punishment with a fine or worse depending on the crime. You can do next to nothing with a ban otherwise except in very limited circumstances. Like searching everyone going into a building or on a plane is the best you can do.

Nearly every household has access to knife-like objects. I can stab you to death with one end sharpened scissors.

OTOH, I'd much rather all mass killing sprees were committed with knives. We'd have overall better outcomes. That some have done pretty well with stabbing many people are the exceptions not the rule.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?