In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 23rd, 2014 at 7:23:27 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: kenarman
Why would you say that? The opposite is certainly true as many people are jealous of the bosses. The rich didn't hate their workers, the worst of them didn't even see the workers as they didn't travel in the same circles and probably thought the workers were beneath them. That is different than hate.

I see your point. Hate is probably an identifiable pathology, where indifference can be just shrugged off. But if we were to back up to say the 1830's or so when the "bosses" were putting the whip to the backs of the slackers, at the pleasure of the owners, the hate had to have gone both ways. There hasn't been some "Kunta Kintee" movie yet about how bad the boss man had it, so putting the whip to somebody has got to be better than receiving it. The next thing you know the lazy bastards are going to want a living wage. I can't imagine whipping someones flesh off impersonally, that's just clinical.

I suppose pensions today can be looted with indifference, as in Enron or MF global, without emotion from the looters but contempt from the lootee, you do have me there.

The Ludlow Massacre is one of my faves, It took ole Rocky a while for that one to blow over. I get it, hate is different, that was human tragedy, coupled with apathy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre

"The coyote doesn't lose sleep over the opinion of the rabbit" zh
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 23rd, 2014 at 7:41:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just over the border.

Maria del Rosario Fuentes Rubio, a doctor and social media journalist in the border town of Tamaulipas.

Quote:
On Oct. 16, the cartel had identified her and commandeered her Twitter account to warn others not to be as outspoken as she was.

“Friends and family, my real name is Maria del Rosario Fuentes Rubio, I am a doctor, today my life has come to an end.”

Two photos were posted, one of her looking into the camera with a glum expression on her face, and the other gruesome one showing her dead on the floor, her arms splayed above her, with a bullet wound to her head.

Quote:
Rubio, who used the moniker “Felina,” or Catwoman, on Twitter, ran a citizen news site called Valor por Tamaulipas (Bravery for Tamaulipas). The site, which tracked violent rivals called Gulf Cartel and the Zetas in real time, garnered a huge social media following — including more than 510,000 Facebook fans and 100,000 Twitter followers

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/mexican-drug-cartel-killed-journalist-posted-pictures-dead-body-twitter-account-article-1.1984657
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 24th, 2014 at 8:47:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/young-stands-behind-wasilla-high-school-comments-adds-government-suicide-blame-list

Wow this guy Don Young is a total wingnut.
I've read his views if suicide and am quite shocked.
I have personally dealt with suicide of a close family member.
Don Young totally disgusts me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 24th, 2014 at 9:02:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/young-stands-behind-wasilla-high-school-comments-adds-government-suicide-blame-list

Wow this guy Don Young is a total wingnut.
I've read his views if suicide and am quite shocked.
I have personally dealt with suicide of a close family member.
Don Young totally disgusts me.

He is probably right about how the school was handling the other kids. What schools allow behavior wise would get you fired, ejected, and possibly arrested if it was at at an employer or just in public.
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2014 at 11:30:19 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: AZDuffman
What schools allow behavior wise would get you fired, ejected, and possibly arrested if it was at at an employer or just in public.

except if a kid makes a 'pistol' out of his hand
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 24th, 2014 at 11:37:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: odiousgambit
except if a kid makes a 'pistol' out of his hand

ROTFLMAO
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2014 at 11:43:20 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
I worked at Grand Coulee Dam. The word was ...
Even better was the Monday Morning Bus joke. Each Monday the new employees were brought up and sure enough there would be a pair of work boots upside down in a fresh pour. The newbies were told if you fall from the ropes you will get burried head first in the cement and will be left there. It never happened but watching the newbies faces turn white sure made the morning temperature seem ten degrees cooler to the pranksters.
October 24th, 2014 at 1:06:01 PM permalink
terapined
Another school shooting.

Fox underplaying it. only 1 dead
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/24/police-respond-to-shooting-at-washington-state-high-school/
CNN more realistic and better reporting , 2 dead
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/washington-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Thanks NRA
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 24th, 2014 at 1:09:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

What on earth does the NRA have to do with it? Are they in favor of school shootings? I never saw that they were, so please cite a source for this.
The President is a fink.
October 24th, 2014 at 1:14:35 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
What on earth does the NRA have to do with it? Are they in favor of school shootings? I never saw that they were, so please cite a source for this.

NRA = Too many guns = Children getting shot