Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

February 15th, 2024 at 4:03:19 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
watch it while it lasts ... a video that may be removed soon. Once again, note it wasn't made in our country.

I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 15th, 2024 at 4:41:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
sigh... How many times do I have to explain free speech doesn't work like you think it does. You don't have the right to put up info on someone's else's private , or corporate owned business if they don't want it there.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2024 at 10:21:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
sigh... How many times do I have to explain free speech doesn't work like you think it does. You don't have the right to put up info on someone's else's private , or corporate owned business if they don't want it there.
yep they have the right to control content.

if you don't find it odd that so much of this pushback comes from Australia or somewhere, Brits in this case I think, then I can't explain anything to you either
February 15th, 2024 at 12:00:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Well, the guy mixes activist quotes in with everything else. There’s reason I don’t quote Greta Thumberg. Somewhat like PETA, I respect some of the things they try to do, but I’m not going to use them as an authority on treatment of animals.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2024 at 12:04:31 PM permalink
rxwine
As I believe I stated not so long ago, I’d prefer the climate scientist actually give us probability arguments rather than firm deadlines for something happening. If possible.
February 15th, 2024 at 12:12:53 PM permalink
rxwine
One hears all kinds of claims, which are not exactly wrong, but not right either. Like Evolution proves there is no god. It doesn’t prove there is no god, it just doesn’t fit the scenario for particular gods.
February 15th, 2024 at 1:09:30 PM permalink
odiousgambit
well, as this guy says, the activists have a new tactic. They've quit making crazy predictions and are now claiming the world-coming-to-end crisis is upon us now as we speak.
February 15th, 2024 at 1:19:59 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
As I believe I stated not so long ago, I’d prefer the climate scientist actually give us probability arguments rather than firm deadlines for something happening. If possible.

Same thing in my field. ‘The doctor is only giving me 6 months to live….’ Like if they live 5 months and 30 days they are guaranteed to die tomorrow….
February 15th, 2024 at 4:27:46 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Same thing in my field. ‘The doctor is only giving me 6 months to live….’ Like if they live 5 months and 30 days they are guaranteed to die tomorrow….

I went a doctor once who told me I had only 6 months to live. When I said I couldn't pay the bill, the doctor have me another 6 months...
February 15th, 2024 at 5:08:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Ah, death jokes!

A young couple thought they would do something different and had sex in a nearby graveyard. A day went by, and the young lady's back was really hurting her, so she went in to see her doctor. The doctor had her remove her shirt and lay face down on the table. After a few seconds of silence, he suddenly spoke up and repeated his first question, "So, how are you feeling again?"

"Like I said, my back is really hurting. Why?"

"Because your back says, "Died 1892"