Climate Change -- conspiracy theory or is it time we all drive a Prius?

October 25th, 2023 at 5:33:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"The researchers, from Statistics Norway, the government’s official data agency, also address the apparent “high degree of consensus among many climate researchers that the temperature increase of the last decades is systematic (and partly man-made),” while noting that “is certainly the impression conveyed by the mass media.”

“Using theoretical arguments and statistical tests we find,” the researchers say, “that the effect of man-made CO2 emissions does not appear to be strong enough to cause systematic changes in the temperature fluctuations during the last 200 years.”

Climate change cult bubble people will of course not see any of the numerous recently published and accurate studies that are showing the garden path they have been led down.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 26th, 2023 at 2:31:28 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Here's the 75 page paper in PDF:

-----------------------

To what extent are temperature levels changing due to greenhouse gas emissions?

September 2023
Abstract

Weather and temperatures vary in ways that are difficult to explain and predict precisely. In this
article we review data on temperature variations in the past as well possible reasons for these
variations. Subsequently, we review key properties of global climate models and statistical analyses
conducted by others on the ability of the global climate models to track historical temperatures.
These tests show that standard climate models are rejected by time series data on global
temperatures. Finally, we update and extend previous statistical analysis of temperature data
(Dagsvik et al., 2020). Using theoretical arguments and statistical tests we find, as in Dagsvik et al.
(2020), that the effect of man-made CO2 emissions does not appear to be strong enough to cause
systematic changes in the temperature fluctuations during the last 200 years.
https://www.ssb.no/en/natur-og-miljo/forurensning-og-klima/artikler/to-what-extent-are-temperature-levels-changing-due-to-greenhouse-gas-emissions/_/attachment/inline/5a3f4a9b-3bc3-4988-9579-9fea82944264:f63064594b9225f9d7dc458b0b70a646baec3339/DP1007.pdf

----------------------
October 26th, 2023 at 2:53:28 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
If you can't sustain a 4x increase caloric intake, you die if you're a snow crab.

Are they good at hiding, or going to all show up next year. I expect OG will point it out if it happens.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.adf6035

the warming that has occurred in the Arctic is a puzzle to scientists, as it exceeds any climate model prediction ... or so they were saying a few years ago. One theory is all the soot produced in China is winding up over the Arctic and makes a big difference even though human senses don't perceive the change in soot. I can imagine this affecting the Bering Strait as well

You seem to think I'm a Lame Reflexive Deflector type. I guess that's better than being compared to Holocaust Deniers
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 26th, 2023 at 5:55:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

You seem to think I'm a Lame Reflexive Deflector type. I guess that's better than being compared to Holocaust Deniers

Are you a member of "Lame And Reflexive Deflectors" (L.A.R.D.)?

Heh, couldn't resist that.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 26th, 2023 at 8:36:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
In less than 24 hours, Otis went from tropical storm to Category 5 hurricane with winds of 165 mph. Such rapid intensification puts Otis amongst the top tropical cyclones on record.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2023 at 3:29:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Bill Gates is backing a new wind venture said to cost one third the price of standard Wind turbines. Airloom. Has a smaller footprint and doesn't need to be as high off the ground.
November 9th, 2023 at 3:25:16 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Bill Gates is backing a new wind venture said to cost one third the price of standard Wind turbines. Airloom. Has a smaller footprint and doesn't need to be as high off the ground.

My favorite wind turbine.

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 11th, 2023 at 9:41:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: DRich

what the heck is that?
November 11th, 2023 at 10:36:23 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

what the heck is that?

Dyson fan.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 11th, 2023 at 11:17:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
what the heck is that?

Dyson fan.
could that essential design be used in reverse to generate electricity? probably not efficiently, just a thought