What Movies Have You Seen Lately?

May 25th, 2018 at 12:50:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
Her no makeup appearance is very different.

My first real GF was very attractive,
men hit on her wherever we went.
I was shocked the first time I saw
her with no makeup. She was plain
as Jane, I wouldn't give her a 2nd
look. With makeup she was a knock
out. A very disappointing revelation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 25th, 2018 at 1:15:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think Charleze Theron pulls that off real well. What would be a real shock is to go home with top version and wake up to the second.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2018 at 4:48:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Is that first image from Monster? I thought they had to use a lot of make-up to make her look so ugly in that movie.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 25th, 2018 at 5:14:47 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
Is that first image from Monster? I thought they had to use a lot of make-up to make her look so ugly in that movie.

Of course, that is from Monster. She is a stunning woman, and this is what she looks like without makeup. She doesn't suddenly become ugly.

May 25th, 2018 at 7:04:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Pacomartin
Of course, that is from Monster. She is a stunning woman, and this is what she looks like without makeup. She doesn't suddenly become ugly.

Still she is a good example how it's possible to keep one's face looking plain but subtracting the beauty from it in the extreme, or the opposite.. Not so easy with everyone without getting full quasimodo mask
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 25th, 2018 at 7:11:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: rxwine
Not so easy with everyone without getting full quasimodo mask

She has been nominated for tons of
awards, but take away Monster and
she's won almost nothing. I don't
count Monster because it's a costume
drama and her extreme makeup did
all the real acting. If she had been
an ugly actress in that role, nobody
would have noticed. Actors since
theater began have loved costume
roles because the costume does all
the acting and they don't have to.

That she gets nominated a lot is not
meaningful. There are only a hanfful
of star females, the same ones get
nominated over and over.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 26th, 2018 at 10:16:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Box Office: 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Struggling in U.S., Crashes Overseas

"Kathleen Kennedy is killing the Star Wars franchise because she is so drastically changing it. What used to be escapist and mythical, what was once wondrous and ennobling of the human spirit, is now pedantic, preachy, and small-minded.
Kennedy is not appealing to our sense of adventure and shared aspirations, she is hectoring and scolding us. She is not appealing to our shared humanity, she is dividing us up into tribal camps based on race gender, color, and where we like to put our sex organs.
Kathleen Kennedy is such a bad storyteller, so heavy-handed, so selfish, so narcissistic, so wrong, so divisive, so out of touch, that a Star Wars movie — a Star Wars movie, y’all –– will probably lose money."

But AMS loved it.. lol
May 26th, 2018 at 10:40:26 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Box Office: 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Struggling in U.S., Crashes Overseas

"Kathleen Kennedy is killing the Star Wars franchise because she is so drastically changing it. What used to be escapist and mythical, what was once wondrous and ennobling of the human spirit, is now pedantic, preachy, and small-minded.
Kennedy is not appealing to our sense of adventure and shared aspirations, she is hectoring and scolding us. She is not appealing to our shared humanity, she is dividing us up into tribal camps based on race gender, color, and where we like to put our sex organs.
Kathleen Kennedy is such a bad storyteller, so heavy-handed, so selfish, so narcissistic, so wrong, so divisive, so out of touch, that a Star Wars movie — a Star Wars movie, y’all –– will probably lose money."

But AMS loved it.. lol

I did enjoy it. Never said I loved it.

But I'm a smart enough moviegoer that I don't decide whether or not I like something based on how it performs at the box office. That'd be stupid.

And WTF is up with that weird article snippet you posted about Kathleen Kennedy? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 26th, 2018 at 10:51:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: ams288[/q
And WTF is up with that weird article snippet you posted about Kathleen Kennedy? lol

Seriously?

Kathleen Kennedy is the 65-year-old producer in charge of the Star Wars franchise. She is also a committed left-wing social justice warrior and feminist who is using the Star Wars franchise to push her leftist agenda.

Star Wars Disney Not Happy With Kathleen Kennedy!
May 26th, 2018 at 11:53:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Seriously?

Kathleen Kennedy is the 65-year-old producer in charge of the Star Wars franchise. She is also a committed left-wing social justice warrior and feminist who is using the Star Wars franchise to push her leftist agenda.

Star Wars Disney Not Happy With Kathleen Kennedy!

I know who she is. The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and Rogue One were all extremely successful. Disney is plenty happy with her.

I also know a lot of racist manbabies on the internet don't like her, so I'm guessing you got that article from some alt-right cesspool.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman