The GoPro Thread

July 27th, 2014 at 11:29:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I bet you regretted it the next day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2014 at 12:24:35 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Um....your shoes? lol...that was impressive, Mike. Sounded like Miranda was holding the camera?
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
July 27th, 2014 at 12:40:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Evenbob
I bet you regretted it the next day.

Nope. Today is the next day and I'm fine. It wasn't that hard.

Quote: beachbumbabs
Um....your shoes? lol...that was impressive, Mike. Sounded like Miranda was holding the camera?

I took off my sandals to decrease weight and I used my feet to hold on to the rope. I've noticed other YouTube videos of the same rope and some young strong guys do it using only their upper body. That would have been much harder and way beyond my level of fitness.

Aidan was the one holding the camera. I cropped out the first several seconds where I instructed him how to hold the camera.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
July 27th, 2014 at 6:39:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
I could have done it with a bucket truck to
lift me up there.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 27th, 2014 at 8:54:26 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
re: shoes. I meant at the end of the video, you left them sitting under the rope. I wouldn't have climbed with them either. Though in my case, it's been more than 40 years since I climbed the ropes. I was a demon on the high bar in my time, though; we'd take off our sweaters, wrap them around the bar, and go to town bare-legged. Spinning around and around hanging by one knee.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
August 2nd, 2014 at 7:01:42 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Wiz keeps offering us his stomping grounds, figured I'd offer one of my own. It's likely just as boring, as all home movies are, but I think it's interesting at least to compare locales. It's odd, when you think about it, all the places our country has to offer.

This was my recent camping trip, where we hiked a mile or so to the Bear Caves in Allegany State Park. The caves are little more than cracks in the bedrock that somehow didn't get filled in by dirt. It's not crazy impressive; there's no stalactites or stalagmites or other crystal formations. It really is just a crack in the ground. But I dunno, I always enjoy weird stuff like that =p

This video contains much rambling from wee children, as we took all the kids with us. The caves themselves are at the end of the vid, if you want to skip the jostling walk.

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 2nd, 2014 at 9:07:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Holy crap, talk about claustrophobic. There is no
amount of money that would get me into that
cubbyhole with a bunch of other people.
August 2nd, 2014 at 9:27:54 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Yeah, the first one is tight. Right at the beginning I had to exhale and sort of stuff myself through it. I remember another point like that even worse, but that was passed the water were we couldn't go.

I've always wondered what would happen if a rock shifted while you were in there. How do you dig out of solid rock?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 31st, 2014 at 10:23:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Blue Angels

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 1st, 2014 at 2:05:43 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Wizard
Didn't you say that about one of my previous bike trail videos? Remember that Harley was nuked for saying the same thing twice.
Almost like you told him dance monkey dance.