The GoPro Thread

Page 20 of 20« First<17181920
September 25th, 2016 at 11:12:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I'll explain later if someone else doesn't get to it.

Quote: Aussie
Ok have finally managed to upload my climb up the cables on half dome to youtube for your enjoyment at my expense. Due to the steep angle of the climb all that is seen for most of it is the immediate path infront of me. Anyway, it still gives some idea of what is involved.

If anyone can tell me how to embed the video into the post please let me know and I will edit.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 25th, 2016 at 2:40:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Aussie
Ok have finally managed to upload my climb up the cables

Did you take the escalator to get back down?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 25th, 2016 at 3:00:54 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: Evenbob
Did you take the escalator to get back down?

If only!
Just came down the same way but in reverse - facing upwards and step down one board at a time. Was pretty easy actually. It was the next 8 miles back to valley that were the killer.
January 14th, 2017 at 2:08:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Minnesota family took GoPro Head-held camera on a family outing and lost the camera in deep fast-flowing water.
About a year later another family vacationed in same area and two snorkelers removed some construction debris that had been dumped there and had snagged the camera. Despite a bit over a year in the water, everything worked but the video card showed no identifying information about the outing, however it also showed a county swat team performing a room clearing exercise. So finder contacted that distant county's swat team and camera owner said send me the card, you keep the camera.

Those things must be rugged.
Page 20 of 20« First<17181920