Poll
2 votes (20%)
6 votes (60%)
2 votes (20%)

10 members have voted

November 30th, 2014 at 4:50:17 AM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
The original history means nothing, only the relevant history. Some people say Obama but think nword using Obama as a "safe" substitute. Once you get to know people, they think they hide their to the bone racism, but it's only a superficial attempt.
October 2nd, 2022 at 12:12:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Love it
I'm on it and got a good deal
Thanks Obama
https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-abandon-obamacare-repeal-133000140.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 3rd, 2022 at 8:30:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

I think most that have signed up are pleased. Why wouldn’t they be? If someone else (taxpayers) is paying for something that takes the responsibility off of the individual, most individuals are happy with that!

By any reasonable metric the ACA would be considered a success. Adding a few hundred billion dollars a year to the national debt does not register as a problem with most Americans.
October 3rd, 2022 at 11:13:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
I think most that have signed up are pleased. Why wouldn’t they be? If someone else (taxpayers) is paying for something that takes the responsibility off of the individual, most individuals are happy with that!

By any reasonable metric the ACA would be considered a success. Adding a few hundred billion dollars a year to the national debt does not register as a problem with most Americans.

Some people actually start paying for stuff when their income increases. It's not just poor vs well-off for entire lifetimes for everyone.

All the roads you drive on as a teen were paid for by someone else. You got the benefit. And so forth.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2022 at 11:50:26 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO

Anything that "can't go on forever" Will Stop. If it doesn't seem to, then it is not true that it couldn't go on a little longer. Which is not the same as 'forever'

Excessive spending with Americans is fixed by Management by Crisis. Clearly the excess spending that was excused by the pandemic has caused unacceptable inflation and is now to be fixed by Management by Crisis. When Medicare and Social Security run into their crisis stages, that will be handled by M.b.C. We won't like the fixes, none of us, but it can't go on forever. It Will Stop
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 3rd, 2022 at 12:42:52 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Obamacare Has More Than Doubled the Cost of Individual Health Insurance

Up 129% from 2013 to 2019. Up another 13% since 2019.

That is with government subsidies.

'Eleven years after the passage of Obamacare, Americans buying health insurance under the law are still worse off financially than before the health law was enacted.'
October 3rd, 2022 at 1:08:28 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Tanko

'Eleven years after the passage of Obamacare, Americans buying health insurance under the law are still worse off financially than before the health law was enacted.'

The Heritage Foundation is anti-Obamacare?

Knock me over with a feather…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2022 at 1:28:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Like, did you think it was going to control costs or something?
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2022 at 3:02:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Yet the Republicans won't do Jack about it
You get the politicians you vote for right Tanko
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 4th, 2022 at 3:43:36 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined
Yet the Republicans won't do Jack about it
Of course not. It has to reach the Crisis stage first ... then we get solutions nobody likes. And in this case, a complete takeover of socialized medicine
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
Page 3 of 4<1234>