Random Thought of the Day

March 27th, 2014 at 6:38:43 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Yes, lots of issues arise, and oxygen toxicity is yet one more.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
March 31st, 2014 at 11:12:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I thought I might do a topic here on trolling so was researching various sites. I found this quote going back to the days of Usenet groups.

Quote:
The list above is taken from a genuine troll which also included an Artificial Intelligence group, the result of which was to draw Computer Guru Professor Marvin Minsky into a flamewar concerning Ronald McDonald's exploitation of the disabled - an all-time classic piece of trolling - written by a practising veggie.

I don't know; it kind of boggles the mind. I had to laugh.

But I see can see people getting into pages and pages of arguments. That Ronald's a bad clown.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2014 at 9:50:24 PM permalink
rxwine
The first part of this illusion is good. The second part is better.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 1st, 2014 at 10:12:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Poker advice:

"What would you do if you held the queen alone?"
"It all depends."
"Depends on what?"
"When the king is expected home."
April 2nd, 2014 at 6:15:13 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Gyms weird me out.

You can ride a bike to nowhere. Why? There are real bikes that take you real places. And you can smell flowers and stuff, instead of the sweat of the thousand people before you.

You can climb stairs to nowhere. Why? You probably have actual stairs right in your own home. Why not use those?

You can get out of your PJs, get dressed, drive to the gym, get undressed, put your PJs back on, get on the hard floor, get out your pad, and start your yoga. Why? You had PJs on at home. Your floor is already carpeted. Why not just do it there?

You can lift light weights to tone. Why? I can hold a handle with 8lbs of metal plate on it and lift it up and down at the gym. Or I can hold a handle with a gallon of water on the end of it and lift the same weight up and down at home. Why not just do that?

People spend time in traffic, in commute, spend their actual money to go to these places. Why?

It reminds me of bottled water. You know that shit is free, right?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 2nd, 2014 at 6:39:02 AM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
Quote: Face
Gyms weird me out.

You can ride a bike to nowhere. Why? There are real bikes that take you real places. And you can smell flowers and stuff, instead of the sweat of the thousand people before you.

You can climb stairs to nowhere. Why? You probably have actual stairs right in your own home. Why not use those?

You can get out of your PJs, get dressed, drive to the gym, get undressed, put your PJs back on, get on the hard floor, get out your pad, and start your yoga. Why? You had PJs on at home. Your floor is already carpeted. Why not just do it there?

You can lift light weights to tone. Why? I can hold a handle with 8lbs of metal plate on it and lift it up and down at the gym. Or I can hold a handle with a gallon of water on the end of it and lift the same weight up and down at home. Why not just do that?

People spend time in traffic, in commute, spend their actual money to go to these places. Why?

I have riffed on the same thing mentally; I keep going back and forth on the gym. I think it comes down to purpose and focus. If you're home, there are 20 more pressing/more interesting/more distracting things to do than work out. If you're at the gym, that's all you can do there.

I'm with you on the bottled water. I filter and bottle my own, rather than buying it.

I wish I had half the mental dedication to working out that you must; then I would get it done at home, cheap, convenient, and much preferred by the dog, who loves the cardio/walk thing. (WISH I could get him to cooperate on leash running beside bicycle; he's just too apt to stop or go sideways, and I don't look good in road rash red.)
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
April 2nd, 2014 at 7:47:43 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
Gyms weird me out.

Did you know "Gymnasium" comes from ancient Greek terms eaning "The place of nudity"?

Which would weird you out more?

Quote:
You can ride a bike to nowhere. Why?

Cardio.

Quote:
There are real bikes that take you real places. And you can smell flowers and stuff, instead of the sweat of the thousand people before you.

And the smog, too. But I, for one, cannot ride a bike. I don't know how. I'm not complaining, though. I'm spared the expense and bother of maintaining one, and the chances of suffering an accident out in streets where traffic laws are regarded as weak suggestions.

Quote:

Well, it's easier to concentrate on the TV or an audiobook when you don't have to watch where you're going.

Quote:

My floor is wood and I don't do yoga, but I have a mat for doing abs and other exercises on the floor. The appartment building where I live has a small gym, which is where I work out (I call it a pocket gym: 3 treadmills, one bike, one elyptical, a set of weights, two weight benches, and one weight machine). So I do get dressed for the gym, but I don't drive there.

Quote:

I buy a water bottle every two weeks for my workouts. Of ocurse I use it all up in one session, then re-fill it from the tap. Does this meet with your approval? ;)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 5th, 2014 at 12:41:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Speaking of Starbucks, though not about their coffee. I thought I had seen every sort of character in Vegas, but I saw a new one today.

It was a typical panhandler dude, grizzled and skinny. He rides up to the front open space in the parking lot on a old mountain bike. All the spaces are filled nearby but that one. I'm watching through the window and wondering if he is really going to park his bicycle in the one open car space. Yup sure enough.

Except he doesn't actually make it into the space. He stops the bike right at the end of it in the parking area. He tries to get off it by backing off the front seat over the rear tire. He's wobbling as this is really awkward. It also appears he may have had something stronger than coffee already. Anyway, he finally manages to get off the bicycle, and misses the kickstand 3 times before getting it down. Did I mention he is wearing knee high rubber boots. Well anyway...

Finally, he is "parked". He wobbles and weaves a bit heading for the store. He's heading for the curb part, not the sloped entrance. Wait for it! Yes, he stumbles over the curb not raising his foot enough, but doesn't fall. Then once in the store, heads to sugar/cream/mixing station. Selects some items. Heads back out again.

Classic. (classic what I don't know, but classic)
April 15th, 2014 at 12:26:04 AM permalink
rxwine
I was outside late tonight (early morning east coast) and many birds were chirping. I think the "blood" moon may confuse them as a rising sun.
April 24th, 2014 at 1:03:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Lots of female eyecandy in this video. (although Face may come along and say there are no attractive women in it, I'll take any of his rejections. : )