Random Thought of the Day

June 6th, 2020 at 2:47:57 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Of course the wall doesn't stop illegal entry. As was said many times before construction. Here is a picture of the construction across Organ pipe national monument, It was so beautiful, and the fence is so uckin fugly. https://www.chron.com/news/article/People-are-sawing-through-and-climbing-over-15317952.php
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 6th, 2020 at 11:31:17 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: kenarman
Don't know if you have noticed yet but Loews picked up the 'Craftsman' name from Sears and is selling tools under that label.

Back in the 80's I knew old guys
who would buy worn out Craftsman
tools at farm auctions and return
them to Sears for
a new one. Then sell them at flea
markets. This had to be going on
everywhere and had a be a small
part of the demise of Sears.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 6th, 2020 at 12:41:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
them to Sears for

Legit AP play.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 6th, 2020 at 1:17:40 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
them to Sears for

This is common with Leatherman as well -multitools- (25 year no question warranty, well technically you need to be the original owner, but they never ask receipts, you just mail it in and they mail back a new one or a repaired one if it is a current version), you can buy old ones from all over and mail them in for replacements.
June 12th, 2020 at 5:24:46 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I can't find the thread where we were talking about the theory about dogs being able to detect earth's magnetic field, and a study indicated they tended to line up north or south when pooping because of it.

I don't feel like starting a new thread.

For what it's worth, I haven't made a project out of watching my dog poop, but if by chance I catch her in the act, I can't help but take note of what direction she faces. 

The first two that I observed she faced either north or south, sure enough. But the next 4 were in other directions and it was looking bad for the theory. The 7th though was facing north. 3 out of 7 has not convinced me but only because of the denominator, the numerator has come around again to significance, I'd say. It would take a 45 degree change in direction to call it a fail, I'm not going to claim more accuracy than that, but it doesn't take 90 degrees off to make it a fail either, so ...
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 12th, 2020 at 9:07:16 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
I can't find the thread where we were talking about the theory about dogs being able to detect earth's magnetic field, and a study indicated they tended to line up north or south when pooping because of it.

I don't feel like starting a new thread.

For what it's worth, I haven't made a project out of watching my dog poop, but if by chance I catch her in the act, I can't help but take note of what direction she faces. 

The first two that I observed she faced either north or south, sure enough. But the next 4 were in other directions and it was looking bad for the theory. The 7th though was facing north. 3 out of 7 has not convinced me but only because of the denominator, the numerator has come around again to significance, I'd say. It would take a 45 degree change in direction to call it a fail, I'm not going to claim more accuracy than that, but it doesn't take 90 degrees off to make it a fail either, so ...

Other conditions could override the influence. Like you might go stand in your yard, but if one foot ends up in a slight depression, you're probably going to move your foot so you're not leaning without even thinking about it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 12th, 2020 at 9:48:30 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Other conditions could override the influence. Like you might go stand in your yard, but if one foot ends up in a slight depression, you're probably going to move your foot so you're not leaning without even thinking about it.

Ask Face the main thing is to not pee upwind.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
June 12th, 2020 at 10:00:47 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I can't remember if I picked a new cigarette ad for today's signature, so I'm going to switch it just in case.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 12th, 2020 at 12:06:44 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I have a sense of direction as if I were detecting a magnetic field, but it's false.

Should I wait until I need to pee* and then turn this way, and that way, until the urge seems to get stronger, and test it that way? It might just make it kick in to get the correct answer?

* I guess my dog might say you have to wait till you need to poop, but if I test that you'll never hear about it. Come to think about it I'm not serious about the peeing for that matter so this is the last you'll hear about either LOL
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 13th, 2020 at 1:46:45 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-health-sex-idUSKBN23J2LI

Seems that sex isn't as desirable as it used to be?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW