Random Thought of the Day

June 13th, 2020 at 7:33:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
https://gizmodo.com/ground-penetrating-radar-reveals-entire-ancient-roman-c-1843955472
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 18th, 2020 at 1:10:11 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Interesting that of the 20 Indian troops said to have been killed in the most recent China/India clash, 17 were from exposure to the cold at high altitudes.

Turns out that both sides have agreed to fight without guns, limiting troops to fighting in hand to hand combat, to limit the ability of things to escalate. That is quite remarkable.

"Despite the disputes, skirmishes, and standoffs, not a single shot has been fired between the two countries along the border for over 50 years."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_China%E2%80%93India_skirmishes
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 18th, 2020 at 1:53:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit
Interesting that of the 20 Indian troops said to have been killed in the most recent China/India clash, 17 were from exposure to the cold at high altitudes.

Turns out that both sides have agreed to fight without guns, limiting troops to fighting in hand to hand combat, to limit the ability of things to escalate. That is quite remarkable.

"Despite the disputes, skirmishes, and standoffs, not a single shot has been fired between the two countries along the border for over 50 years."

That sounds more like some elite troop training plan. An extreme one.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 18th, 2020 at 1:58:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I'm kind of craving pancakes. They're not going to be political pancakes, though, because I make them from scratch and do not like syrup anyway.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 18th, 2020 at 2:30:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: odiousgambit

Plus, I believe they are fighting hand to hand at 16000 ft. elev.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 3rd, 2020 at 11:40:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Cleo just seems like Nathan to me.

But I'm not discussing it.

Shhhh.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 5th, 2020 at 11:45:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
—Poena Cullei (Penalty of the Sack)
Poena Cullie (Latin for “Penalty of the Sack”) was the legal punishment for parricide (murdering ones father) and consisted of being sewn up in a leather sack with live dogs, snakes, monkeys, chickens or roosters, and then being tossed into water (the River Tiber most often when the punishment was carried out in Rome itself) to drown.

I wonder who thought that one up? I assume a leather bag would take in water slowly. At least you wouldn't die alone. Just a squabbling racket of terrified animals.
July 5th, 2020 at 11:56:19 PM permalink
rxwine
While I'm onto morbid stuff -- the youngest person executed by electric chair. George Stinney at 14. Picture looks real, but could be from a movie.

July 7th, 2020 at 7:00:50 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Stinney = a case of conviction based on confession, which we know now has high incidence of being false if the suspect is a child or just low IQ. Supposedly told the police where to find the murder weapon, which if you want to suspect police misconduct also comes into question as valid. Got this from Wikipedia.

I do think posting this is improper sensationalism considering the current US political climate. OK, not against the rules.

Someone could respond by posting accounts of the black children who died this weekend, killed by other blacks. Maybe there are some gruesome pictures to go with that [probably hard to find]
July 7th, 2020 at 7:02:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
nothing gruesome but check it out, happy?

PS: I know how to headline the pictures now, "some black lives that didn't matter". Didn't matter enough to the politicians running these cities anyway.

https://www.google.com/search?q=children+killed+this+weekend&client=firefox-b-1-d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjTw8P3prvqAhWMKM0KHfF2CHwQ_AUoAnoECAsQBA&biw=1366&bih=598