The Biden Presidency 2024

Page 8 of 11« First<567891011>
February 13th, 2024 at 5:04:40 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: SOOPOO
The WH Press Secretary job is EXTREMELY difficult. It’s hard enough to lie for your own benefit, but when you have to lie for others it is more difficult. It’s the same no matter who is the President. It’s a great job that sets you up for big $$$ at CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc…
regular people who go goofy over a press secretary lying or whatever kill me. They're just channeling the frustration of the reporters
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 13th, 2024 at 5:20:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: odiousgambit
regular people who go goofy over a press secretary lying or whatever kill me. They're just channeling the frustration of the reporters

Since the press secretary is the most regular speaker normal people and reporters see for the man in charge, it is perfectly normal to judge their work product. Talking about it is not "going goofy"; this is a place supposedly for conversation so we converse.
February 13th, 2024 at 5:35:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: RonC
Since the press secretary is the most regular speaker normal people and reporters see for the man in charge, it is perfectly normal to judge their work product. Talking about it is not "going goofy"; this is a place supposedly for conversation so we converse.
I have no idea why you would take that personally
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 13th, 2024 at 5:59:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Apparently even the left leaning NYT is calling for Biden to not run. They just aren’t sure how to handle the ‘Kamala’ problem.
February 13th, 2024 at 6:16:25 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: odiousgambit
I have no idea why you would take that personally

Holy moly...some of us think any comment that someone makes is taking it personally. I just disagree with your comment.
February 13th, 2024 at 6:24:06 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
The WH Press Secretary job is EXTREMELY difficult. It’s hard enough to lie for your own benefit, but when you have to lie for others it is more difficult. It’s the same no matter who is the President. It’s a great job that sets you up for big $$$ at CNN, MSNBC, Fox, etc…

Yeah, it’s a thankless (and somewhat pointless) job. The reporters don’t even ask very good questions. And the answers they get are usually less than useless.

Surprised we are only one Biden’s 2nd one.

Donny had Sean Spicer, Ozempic Huckabee Sanders, Kayleigh, and the one who just flat out refused to do her job and have press briefings (Stephanie Grisham maybe?).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 13th, 2024 at 6:52:57 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
The last Press Secretary that I can even name was George Stephanopaulis.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 15th, 2024 at 6:06:43 AM permalink
RonC
"Investigators had a 2017 recording showing that Biden had told the ghost writer he had found “classified stuff” in that home, the report says."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/14/politics/jim-jordan-biden-ghostwriter-special-counsel-report/index.html

Is this a recording that was destroyed?

The former Senator and Vice President had no right to have ANY classified in his home or anywhere else. He was not either of those things after 1/20/2017 until he was sworn in as President. the fact that he apparently admitted it and kept it even after that shows a cavalier disregard for national security.

I know there were no subpoenas, indictments, and it appears no one else had knowledge of the documents. I can't give a pass for that knowing the rules for handling classified information but I can see it being kind of forgiven had he turned it in then and done a thorough search to make sure there was nothing else there. Classified information contained in private notes has the same classification as any documents containing the information.

That means, if reports are true, that the now-President willingly and knowingly kept documents that were classified.

"Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1924#:~:text=Whoever%2C%20being%20an%20officer%2C%20employee,or%20materials%20without%20authority%20and

If this information is true, he says that he is competent and he then should be charged when he leaves office. Let the court sort it out just like the Trump case (yes, yes, it is different) will be sorted out.

You can't have it both ways--use the report to say that you have been cleared and forget that the reasoning behind the clearance is being a forgetful old man, not the merits of the potential case.
February 15th, 2024 at 6:27:02 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Republican leadership in action:

Quote:
THE DISASTER THAT IS HOUSE REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP

Just this week, @SpeakerJohnson has:

→ Seen Democrats win a special election in New York, narrowing the already minuscule GOP majority to two votes.

→ Lost a sixth rule vote on the House floor — a measure that would’ve allowed an increase in the state-and-local tax (SALT) deduction — when 18 Republicans bucked their own leadership and voted no. This Republican majority has lost more rule votes than any other majority in five decades, a stunning sign of weakness.

→ Abruptly pulled a bill to overhaul FISA due to Republican infighting. The GOP leadership said the House would vote on the bill before locking down the votes, despite some senior Republicans raising internal objections. This is the second time Johnson had to pull a FISA bill this Congress.

→ Seen another committee chair announce his resignation. @RepMarkGreen, chair of the Homeland Security Committee, is leaving Congress after only six years. The 59-year-old Green — the fourth committee chair to retire — just led the impeachment of DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

→ Decided against putting a bill on the floor to provide billions of dollars in new aid to Israel without offsets. Just a week ago, Johnson allowed a vote on Israel aid that he knew was going to fail.

→ Provided absolutely no insight to rank-and-file lawmakers on how he’ll handle the Senate’s bipartisan $95 billion foreign aid package. Johnson said the bill isn’t a priority because the federal government is scheduled to shut down in a few weeks.

→ Witnessed the House Intelligence Committee chair issue a dire public warning about a “serious national security threat” to the country, only to have Senate Intelligence Committee leaders and the White House downplay the issue.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 15th, 2024 at 7:18:02 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
"Investigators had a 2017 recording showing that Biden had told the ghost writer he had found “classified stuff” in that home, the report says."

What investigators?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 8 of 11« First<567891011>