The Biden Presidency 2024

Page 11 of 11« First<891011
March 21st, 2024 at 8:57:21 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Corrupt Dems should absolutely go (MENENDEZ).

He has the right to stay until he is tried. Innocent until proven guilty.

I guess there is a case for him staying as long as he can because him leaving could change the balance of power in the Senate a bit.

Problem is there are SOOOOOOOO many more corrupt Republicans and your party does nothing to push them out once their corruption is exposed.

So you say.

Menendez is gone as soon as his term is up (should be sooner, but he’s corrupt and won’t leave!).

'Article I, section 5, of the U.S. Constitution provides that each house of Congress may "punish its members for disorderly behavior, and, with the concurrence of two-thirds, expel a member." Since 1789 the Senate has expelled only 15 members."

https://www.senate.gov/about/powers-procedures.htm#:~:text=Expulsion-,Article%20I%2C%20section%205%2C%20of%20the%20U.S.%20Constitution%20provides%20that,has%20expelled%20only%2015%20members.
March 21st, 2024 at 9:34:07 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC

I don't know, but seems like something is wrong with a system that could say, even Hitler himself could remain in office until convicted. All he needs is a few converts to foil the removal, even if all the rest don't.

I get it, but then again, I don't get it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 21st, 2024 at 9:46:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC

So do you want to get rid of corrupt politicians or not? You do this thing a lot where you end up contradicting your previous post just so you can disagree with me.

Quote:
So you say.

Your party is literally about to nominate the most corrupt candidate in history for POTUS. Again!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 21st, 2024 at 10:32:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
So do you want to get rid of corrupt politicians or not? You do this thing a lot where you end up contradicting your previous post just so you can disagree with me.

The Senator, like President Trump, has not bee tried for a criminal offense and found guilty. Santos had not been tried yet, but the House voted to expel him. That is a process that both bodies have an can use. So the Senator does not "have to" resign, but he could be kicked to the curb.

Innocent until proven guilty does not mean that the Congress cannot take their own independent action.

Fairly simple stuff.

Your party is literally about to nominate the most corrupt candidate in history for POTUS. Again!

He is but one person. You say Republicans have more corrupt people than the Democrats.

I am not so sure.
March 21st, 2024 at 10:57:05 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think Trump is the President with more staff, assistants, aides with mugshots. Or soon to be mugshots.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 21st, 2024 at 12:20:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This will upset that subgroup of righties who always pretend Donny didn’t say what we all clearly heard him say.

Quote:
During a fundraiser in Houston, while on a riff about Trump’s handling of covid-19, @JoeBiden asks the donor crowd: “Remember when he said inject bleach?”

After some chuckles, Biden continues: “I think he must’ve done it.” Crowd erupts in laughter
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 11 of 11« First<891011