Filner, Mayor of San Diego. When Does He Resign?

Poll
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (75%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

August 26th, 2013 at 10:18:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: s2dbaker
By the way, I do not accept the premise that Jerry Sandusky is gay. He's married to a female and has at least one child with her. I'd say the evidence points to him being a straight person.

Straight people do not engage in sexual relations with people of the same sex. We hear all the time about gays that were married but really gay. Sandusky seems to be one of them.

How on earth could the "evidence" point to him being straight?
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2013 at 10:36:01 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Straight people do not engage in sexual relations with people of the same sex. We hear all the time about gays that were married but really gay. Sandusky seems to be one of them.

How on earth could the "evidence" point to him being straight?

They are pederasts.

Pederasts might be bisexual (in this case) or gay. It's not important if they are gay or straight or bisexual. None of that really is relevant to their pederasty. What is important is they are pederasts, and should be kept away from situations where they use that power to commit abusive acts.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
August 26th, 2013 at 10:40:26 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: s2dbaker
By the way, I do not accept the premise that Jerry Sandusky is gay. He's married to a female and has at least one child with her. I'd say the evidence points to him being a straight person.

You must understand that having failed misserably at demonizing gays and lesbians, your extreme (ie consistent) conservative will now try to paint them all as pedophiles. It fits the pattern as followe don other harmless groups some people pick as a ritual hate object, like Jews, Gypsies, etc. That there is zero logic in this move, and that the facts are against them, is no obstacle to their irrationality.

Just ignore tham, and let them fall by the weight of their ugly displays of bigotry.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 26th, 2013 at 10:54:01 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Nareed
... will now try to paint them all as pedophiles ...

You imply that this is a new tactic, whereas it's been a fear hurled for decades at the LGB community.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
August 26th, 2013 at 11:16:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: TheCesspit
You imply that this is a new tactic, whereas it's been a fear hurled for decades at the LGB community.

The LGB community has used hate tactics against those who do not 100% support their life decisions for years. Then they call someone a bigot for pointing out that a gay man (Sandusky) engaged in disgusting behavior. Sorry if I do not shed a tear.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2013 at 11:29:18 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

Yes, but it's getting more and more strident now. It's getting mroe ridiuclous, too, as they keep losing battle after battle. Right now they are more like children throwing a tantrum
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 26th, 2013 at 11:41:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
They are pederasts.

Pederasts might be bisexual (in this case) or gay. It's not important if they are gay or straight or bisexual. None of that really is relevant to their pederasty. What is important is they are pederasts, and should be kept away from situations where they use that power to commit abusive acts.

I agree here because if you believe the homophile line, Sandusky didn't have any choice in the matter, he was born that way.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2013 at 3:27:31 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: AZDuffman
I agree here because if you believe the homophile line, Sandusky didn't have any choice in the matter, he was born that way.

He probably was to some extent, looking for a nature/nuture/choice in sexuality is a ridiculousness to gloss over that easily. Just like you were born the way to gain enjoyment by being close to women.

But it doesn't matter if you are homophile, homophobe or a homonymn. Pederasty and Pedophilia != Homosexuality. Defining it in those terms is not helpful on either side of the equation.

Sandusky's abuse of power is however similar to the abuse of power in this case.

Using one's power in one area to gain sexual fulfillment is always wrong. Whether that be trying to grope colleagues or getting in the shower with pupils. It's nothing to do with their gender preferences, and everything to do with abuse of power.
August 26th, 2013 at 3:31:46 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Quote: Nareed
Yes, but it's getting more and more strident now. It's getting mroe ridiuclous, too, as they keep losing battle after battle. Right now they are more like children throwing a tantrum

I fear you are wrong, and should pay attention to the events in Russia, not as a weird quirk but a violent tide that will spread. There is a vocal minority that truly, strongly believes that homosexuality corrupts and harms children by it's very existence. Clause 28 (a bill in the UK school laws preventing even the mention that some people like to make out with members of the same sex) is being talked about again, in all seriousness.
August 26th, 2013 at 3:58:45 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I fear you are wrong, and should pay attention to the events in Russia, not as a weird quirk but a violent tide that will spread. There is a vocal minority that truly, strongly believes that homosexuality corrupts and harms children by it's very existence. Clause 28 (a bill in the UK school laws preventing even the mention that some people like to make out with members of the same sex) is being talked about again, in all seriousness.

So I assume you also are against the law in CA mandating gays in history be taught and that the gays can only be shown in a positive way?
The President is a fink.