Filner, Mayor of San Diego. When Does He Resign?

Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »
Poll
1 vote (25%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
3 votes (75%)
No votes (0%)

4 members have voted

August 22nd, 2013 at 6:13:43 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: s2dbaker
Quote: chickenman
No one voted for August in the poll but tomorrow it will be a fait accompli
The second largest city in California will now get an openly gay mayor until a special election is held. It's a victory for everyone.

For the second time. Toni Atkins is openly gay and served for 20 weeks in 2005 as a result of Dick Murphy's resignation over the his handling of fiscal crisis. I am not sure that I would characterize the issue as "a victory for everyone".
August 22nd, 2013 at 8:24:02 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Threads: 13
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: chickenman
No one voted for August in the poll but tomorrow it will be a fait accompli
The second largest city in California will now get an openly gay mayor until a special election is held. It's a victory for everyone.

So you are saying someone's choice of sexuality is more important than anything else?
Yes, except when I make exceptions to that rule which I can do at my discretion and even then, I'm free to change my mind.
August 23rd, 2013 at 4:52:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

So you are saying someone's choice of sexuality is more important than anything else?
Yes, except when I make exceptions to that rule which I can do at my discretion and even then, I'm free to change my mind.

So I am guessing you would not say the same thing about Jerry Sandusky, though he was closeted and not open?
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2013 at 6:25:42 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
So I am guessing you would not say the same thing about Jerry Sandusky, though he was closeted and not open?

I think you are taking comments by "s2dbaker" too seriously. He is clearly trying to be funny. Jerry Sandusky was a predator, and he shouldn't really be mentioned in a discussion of sexuality.
August 23rd, 2013 at 6:40:05 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
Jerry Sandusky was a predator, and he shouldn't really be mentioned in a discussion of sexuality.

Oh, you mean not all straight men go around raping little girls? Surely you're making that up.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 23rd, 2013 at 8:24:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I think you are taking comments by "s2dbaker" too seriously. He is clearly trying to be funny. Jerry Sandusky was a predator, and he shouldn't really be mentioned in a discussion of sexuality.

Actually they should be because they show the dangers of a homosexual male in an position of authority of minor males.

S2dbaker might be trying to be funny, but it fell flat to me.
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2013 at 8:28:05 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Nareed
Oh, you mean not all straight men go around raping little girls? Surely you're making that up.

The difference is when they do people don't say, "they are predators, not straight men." They get condemned by the straight community.
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2013 at 9:56:38 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Az is feeling a little needy, give him a break.
August 24th, 2013 at 2:41:36 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Terms such as predator and trafficking are over used.

As far as this Sanduskey guy in Philadelphia, I don't know if it was predatory or forcible or what. I would think force or predatory behavior would have resulted in a flurry of complaints far earlier than the activities actually surfaced.

As with the Mayor of San Diego it seems that certain men want The Workplace to be equivalent to A Locker Room... females do not want that. So far, the courts have upheld the female point of view but in reality it seems to be more an idealistic view of the world than a realistic one.

As with this recently deceased English predator who was literally given the keys to the hospital and prison and had a string of male and female victims, its clear that upper management at the BBC had to know of his habits. The police have tried to distance themselves from the Friday morning "tea" sessions and claimed it was not limited to police and did not result in any protection of his activities.

I've not followed the San Diego situation closely but there does not seem to have been any allegations that he demanded any thing only that he was verbally inappropriate... you know, not politically correct. Is that a crime?
August 24th, 2013 at 8:33:31 PM permalink
s2dbaker
Quote: Fleastiff
I've not followed the San Diego situation closely but there does not seem to have been any allegations that he demanded any thing only that he was verbally inappropriate... you know, not politically correct. Is that a crime?
He was a groper and at least one woman claims that he stuck his tongue in her mouth. And yes, even saying things like, "You'd do better if you didn't wear underwear" at the job is a crime. I'm not certain there's jail time for it but there are civil penalties. The guy is a creepy molester. He's gone and I'm glad for it.
Page 3 of 9<123456>Last »