Stinker of the House

October 26th, 2023 at 9:09:21 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Quote: RonC
I think that the Dems take this route often. Look how long the Senate has put up with Tuberville's (R-AL) hostage holding of military appointees. Tuberville is wrong in doing that; more especially as we enter a period of being on a war footing once again. The issue I have is that the Dems could work to approve them all one by one and blast Tuberville at every turn..."we just spent 30 wasted hours considering the promotion of a distinguished Patriot in a fight waged by one Republican Senator.

<Bolded questionable claim for emphasis>

Huh?

You sure about that?

Edit: I googled it

https://apnews.com/article/tuberville-military-holds-senate-officers-45c4230a8aee5222bf32b43823e29acc

I’m gonna side with the Dems here and not let Tuberville off the hook.

Funny...I never proposed "leaving him off the hook"...I suggested a different way of keeping him front of mind as disrupting the military appointments in a time of turmoil with military involvement.

Why doesn't the Senate work 8+ hours a day? They should be working more than others, not less. That is a different thing that bugs me about all our politicians. I know that they need to be involved politically in letting people know they are doing their work...I just wish more of their time was spent actually doing the work that needs done and less time in perpetual campaign mode.

Tuberville's blockade is stupid.

We still need the military leaders in place.
October 26th, 2023 at 9:15:46 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Can you please figure out how to post once instead of posting so many doubles? We all do it once in awhile, but it seems to happen all the time.

Thanks in advance.

I blame my mouse.
October 26th, 2023 at 9:21:50 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
I think that the Dems take this route often. Look how long the Senate has put up with Tuberville's (R-AL) hostage holding of military appointees. Tuberville is wrong in doing that; more especially as we enter a period of being on a war footing once again. The issue I have is that the Dems could work to approve them all one by one and blast Tuberville at every turn..."we just spent 30 wasted hours considering the promotion of a distinguished Patriot in a fight waged by one Republican Senator.

<Bolded questionable claim for emphasis>

Huh?

You sure about that?

Edit: I googled it

https://apnews.com/article/tuberville-military-holds-senate-officers-45c4230a8aee5222bf32b43823e29acc

I’m gonna side with the Dems here and not let Tuberville off the hook.

Funny...I never proposed "leaving him off the hook"...I suggested a different way of keeping him front of mind as disrupting the military appointments in a time of turmoil with military involvement.

Why doesn't the Senate work 8+ hours a day? They should be working more than others, not less. That is a different thing that bugs me about all our politicians. I know that they need to be involved politically in letting people know they are doing their work...I just wish more of their time was spent actually doing the work that needs done and less time in perpetual campaign mode.

Tuberville's blockade is stupid.

We still need the military leaders in place.

A legislators job isn't just sitting in the chamber, participating in debates, considering legislation and voting. There's committee work and office work that goes into preparing the legislation. They do work 8 hours a day, just not on the Senate floor. Tuberville knows this, and he's intentionally gumming up the works to prevent any Senate work being down. He's the only bad guy here, and it-again-isn't the Dems job to bail him out.
October 26th, 2023 at 9:23:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Forcing Mitch McConnell out of his coma for 8+ hours a day would be considered elder abuse.

(I’m kidding. I agree the House and Senate should work more).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 26th, 2023 at 10:06:54 AM permalink
Tanko
New Speaker of the House Mike Johnson relentlessly grills pathetic Homeland Secretary Mayorkas, in July.

'Hamas, Hezbollah may be entering U.S. by southern border, feds warn'

'Border Patrol stops record number of people on terror watch list at southern border'

CBP Enforcement Statistics

There are more than 1.5 million 'gotaways' since Biden took office. The report does not mention the number of terrorist 'gotaways' who managed to enter the US unseen.

Total Number Terrorist Screening Encounters 2017-2020: 14

Total Number Terrorist Screening Encounters 2021-2023: 286
October 26th, 2023 at 10:20:38 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: Tanko
New Speaker of the House Mike Johnson relentlessly grills pathetic Homeland Secretary Mayorkas, in July.

'Hamas, Hezbollah may be entering U.S. by southern border, feds warn'

'Border Patrol stops record number of people on terror watch list at southern border'

CBP Enforcement Statistics

There are more than 1.5 million 'gotaways' since Biden took office. The report does not mention the number of terrorist 'gotaways' who managed to enter the US unseen.

Scary!

(Not really)

I’m more worried about MAGAts with AR-15s (see: Maine).
November 4th, 2023 at 3:59:58 AM permalink
Tanko

Known terrorist encounters at the border increase 2,000% under Biden. 'Gotaways' likely increased proportionately.

'FBI Director Christopher Wray warns of terrorism threat at Senate hearing'
November 4th, 2023 at 10:50:26 AM permalink
ams288
Known terrorist encounters at the border increase 2,000% under Biden.

Must have been the Jan. 6th terrorists crossing the border to flee to Mexico.
December 5th, 2023 at 10:21:37 AM permalink
ams288
Patrick McHenry, who served as speaker pro tempore during McCarthy’s ouster, will not run for re-election in the House.

Wants to spend more time with his family in Hobbiton.
December 5th, 2023 at 1:58:00 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Patrick McHenry, who served as speaker pro tempore during McCarthy’s ouster, will not run for re-election in the House.

Wants to spend more time with his family in Hobbiton.

He’s only 48. I hate the bullshit excuse of ‘spending more time with my family’.

How about this…. I can make 7 figures as a
1. Fox News contributor
2. NRA lobbyist
3. OnlyFans content creator

He moved up the ranks pretty quickly….