In the News II

March 23rd, 2024 at 9:44:39 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DoubleGold
I believe it got my father (bladder cancer), but many professionals swear there's no scientific proof.

Was he a smoker? Smoking contributes more than anything else to bladder cancer.

Lifestyle and diet are most important.

Seventh Day Adventists and Mormons have similar diets.

'Study reveals lower rates of cancer and early death in Adventists'

'Cancer incidence among Mormons and non-Mormons in Utah'

'Significantly lower cancer incidence rates per 100,000 were observed among LDS compared with non-LDS males (287.2 vs. 321.1) and females (247.7 vs. 341.0)'
March 23rd, 2024 at 10:29:29 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
He smoked before he entered WWII and the Korean war.

Then he quit smoking when he had a heart attack in his early 50s.

The doctor gave him four years to live after heart surgery but he lived for almost another 35 years.

I don't believe tobacco decreases longevity.

Tobacco could increase longevity.

Reasoning includes there being radioactive particles in the atmosphere, related to nuclear testing of bombs.

Then the particles reach the jet stream and spread all over the world, ultimately landing on the soil and water.

Smoking creates mucus and the mucus catches the particles within the body while breathing.

Then the particles are expelled from the body instead of being absorbed in the blood stream.

But, I don't think smoking protects against EMF.

I can find thousands of these:

-----------------------

'World's Oldest Man' Is 114 Years Old, Smokes Every Day

Updated May 29, 2018
In early May, Fredie Blom's celebrated his 114th birthday, a feat that may make him the world's oldest living man — although official verification is still needed. In a recent interview with the BBC, Blom shared no particular secrets to his longevity and instead confessed to still be a lifetime daily smoker.
https://www.newsweek.com/worlds-oldest-man-guinness-world-record-smoking-tobacco-fredie-blom-947687

------------------------
March 23rd, 2024 at 11:56:32 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I don't believe tobacco decreases longevity.

Tobacco could increase longevity.
-

In the pantheon of batshit crazy idiotic DoubleGold posts we now have a new ‘Gold Standard’
March 23rd, 2024 at 1:36:14 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: SOOPOO
In the pantheon of batshit crazy idiotic DoubleGold posts we now have a new ‘Gold Standard’

Notice I wrote the word tobacco, not smoking in those sentences you referenced.

The issue is not tobacco, it's the chemical additives that are deadly when smoking large corporate products that add chemicals.

There's a difference in smoking tobacco and smoking tobacco with man-made chemical additives.

There's also a difference in eating GMO corn and heritage corn, etc.

The eggs I eat are provided by chickens that eat non-GMO corn and pasture raised.

The egg yolks are very very yellow.

They taste entirely different.

The same with beef, pork, tobacco, etc.

It could be your vocabulary is lacking.
March 23rd, 2024 at 1:42:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

Thank you for taking the bullet and reading his posts for the rest of us.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2024 at 1:53:00 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Then the particles reach the jet stream and spread all over the world, ultimate landing on the soil and water.

True.

"In a person smoking 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes per day, the radiation dose to the bronchial epithelium in areas of bifurcation is 8000 mrem per year -- the equivalent of the dose to the skin from 300 x-ray films of the chest per year. " - New England Journal of Medicine

Cigarettes are miniature burning toxic waste dumps.
March 23rd, 2024 at 1:57:30 PM permalink
DoubleGold
The medical profession is controlled by big pharma.

They have been for years.

You can see it on this board clearly.

So if a medical professional says smoking is bad, they likely mean smoking is bad with added chemicals.

The schools don't teach them about radioactivity in the atmosphere.
March 23rd, 2024 at 2:03:47 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Tanko
True.

"In a person smoking 1 1/2 packs of cigarettes per day, the radiation dose to the bronchial epithelium in areas of bifurcation is 8000 mrem per year -- the equivalent of the dose to the skin from 300 x-ray films of the chest per year. " - New England Journal of Medicine

Cigarettes are miniature burning toxic waste dumps.

That article study doesn't account for mucus.

That's why they can't figure out why the folks longest living smoke.
March 23rd, 2024 at 2:03:55 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Notice I wrote the word tobacco, not smoking in those sentences you referenced.

The issue is not tobacco, it's the chemical additives that are deadly when smoking large corporate products that add chemicals.

There's a difference in smoking tobacco and smoking tobacco with man-made chemical additives.

There's also a difference in eating GMO corn and heritage corn, etc.

The eggs I eat are provided by chickens that eat non-GMO corn and pasture raised.

The egg yolks are very very yellow.

They taste entirely different.

The same with beef, pork, tobacco, etc.

It could be your vocabulary is lacking.

You said tobacco in a way that causes people to think smoking. You made some statements about smoking, then said, "Tobacco does not decrease longevity," then made some statements about some WWII veteran who is 114 and smokes everyday.

If you said, "Smokeless tobacco does not decrease longevity," it may have been fair (but not really relevant when all of your statements and citations are related to smoking.)
March 23rd, 2024 at 2:06:29 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Quote: Gandler
You said tobacco in a way that causes people to think smoking. You made some statements about smoking, then said, "Tobacco does not decrease longevity," then made some statements about some WWII veteran who is 114 and smokes everyday.

If you said, "Smokeless tobacco does not decrease longevity," it may have been fair (but not really relevant when all of your statements and citations are related to smoking.)

I was very careful in my usage of wording.

It's up to the reader to interpret on their own.