In the News II

March 17th, 2024 at 12:00:30 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
You guys are too easy. LOL. I was yanking your chains.

But seriously...
Quote: Tanko
In New York, that would be New York Penal Law sections 230.05 and 230.06.
Thanks. It was rhetorical. I knew someone would look it up. $;o)

Quote:
This has nothing do do with moral code. ... Still illegal, but law enforcement turns a blind eye to them and concentrates on the sex slaves. Except apparently here in NYC.

The street prostitutes are sex slaves working for organized crime.

Sorta is a bit about morality. You and I both object to the morals of the people smugglers, if not the sex slaves. I just pity the girls. Any John risking infection from these sex slaves is a fool to himself, a menace to society and, I agree a big part of the problem.Your authorities can, and seem not to, attack both supply and demand. It just amuses me a little how fox and other right wing media leaps all over the supply problem, because that suits the narrative. Some conflating the Chinese with the South americans. Serious question. Are the chinese usually coming in over your southern border? Or do they fly in on student visas etc?

Quote:
Those Chinese 'sex workers' as you refer to them, are sex slaves, forced to service dozens of men every day and give $600 each day to their traffickers to pay off the $14,000 and higher fees the traffickers charge to bring them here.
I bow to your superior knowledge $:o)
Quote:
They also spread dozens of STD's, from Hep C to HIV.
Yeah. Almost certainly. Maybe that could help limit the life expectancy of the John's.
Quote:
It is also happening with the latino prostitutes, but the Chinese currently dominate the trade.

I suppose you're okay with women being forced into sex slavery.

Here in UK, we have illegal immigrant problems too and it's very topical and controversial. Even as a bleeding heart liberal, I see it's unsustainable. I don't conflate it with the quite separated issue of Chinese sex slaves, of which we have our share.
Our authorities stomp all over the people trafficing Chinese gangs and brothels and their clients, and quite right too. They also ignore all other prostitution
March 17th, 2024 at 1:05:40 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: SOOPOO

Pretty ignorant post.
Lol. I know. Funny though.
Quote:
Ignore what Fox reports because you don’t like that it is true. Are you saying the report is not true!?
I ignore fox, regardless of the truth of their reports, just as I would ignore breitbart, and anything tainted by drumph talking points.
Quote:

Answer honestly. If a dozen women in thongs were walking up and down YOUR street with price tags on would that be OK with you?
Not much of a market for it on my street. No demand, so they'd have to price pretty low. I'd probably hire the cheapest one to cut my lawn
Quote:

In our country in most jurisdictions it is a crime to solicit a prostitute. So, yes, I want police to enforce those laws.
All boils down to budgets and resources. Deal with the soliciting after they've cleared the burglary backlog.
Quote:
I’m not concerned migrant sex workers are stealing jobs. I’m concerned that we let in people who are participating in criminal activity. There are laws. They are breaking them. We have enough native born law breakers, thank you. Don’t need a new wave of them.
One day I'll research NY's political policies. I don't claim to understand how it is, how it came to be and how it persists.
March 17th, 2024 at 2:39:31 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: OnceDear
Serious question. Are the chinese usually coming in over your southern border? Or do they fly in on student visas etc?

Mainland Chinese come over the border. Until recently, it was very rare to hear the mainland accent. I only heard it once in the past year, and I am often around hundreds of Chinese at a time.

Taiwanese illegals tend to be older. They mostly fly here as tourists and never leave.

Those Chinese sex slaves are most likely mainland Chinese.

'Chinese migrants are the fastest growing group crossing from Mexico into U.S. at southern border'

According to the House Homeland Security Committee, the annual burden of illegals on the US economy is currently $150 billion.
March 18th, 2024 at 10:30:29 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:

Updated 11:50 am EDT Mar. 18, 2024
WASHINGTON − The Supreme Court declined to decide Monday whether an Indiana couple who believe children should be raised based on their sex at birth should have lost custody of their teenager, a transgender girl.
The court, without comment, rejected an appeal from the teen’s parents, who had warned that cases similar to theirs are likely to reoccur “due to developing conflicts between parents and their children concerning gender identity.”
“With increasing frequency, governments run roughshod over parents’ religious beliefs on gender identity, including removing children from parents, favoring certain beliefs in divorce custody disputes, and preventing adoptions,” lawyers for Mary and Jeremy Cox of Anderson, Indiana, told the court in their appeal. “These cases are sure to proliferate.”
The state said the parents, who are self-described devout Christians, lost custody not because of their views but because of the medical necessity of addressing the teen’s severe eating disorder.
A provision of Indiana law that is similar to statutes in nearly every state allows government intervention in “a variety of situations in which even well-intentioned parent find themselves unable to prevent serious harm,” the state told the court.
Indiana also argued that the custody dispute is no longer relevant because the teen, who was 16 when removed from the home, is now an adult.

Based on the particular circumstances, I don’t think it moves the bar one way or the other.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 18th, 2024 at 5:12:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Mayor of NYC now being sued for sexual assault and other assorted offenses by a woman….. she wrote a book on how to bring a lawsuit yourself ….. the event happened more than 30 years ago…..

He has commented that he has no idea who this woman is…..

I’m trying to imagine the misery you can be put through by someone making an allegation from 3 decades ago against you. ‘Can you prove you weren’t in Brooklyn on Pi day in 1993? You can’t!

She may be changing her middle name to ‘Blasey’.
March 18th, 2024 at 5:38:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Granted I can look back on old information (some of which I wrote myself) and can't remember a thing about it, as if it was someone else entirely, but I'm sure I would remember a sexual assault either as the perpetrator or the victim, if there was one. Heck, I remember significant events like that that happened to relatives or family members, and those I was only told about.

The average day, I can't remember 2 days from now, if that long, unless something significant happens.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 19th, 2024 at 2:19:14 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote:
Indiana also argued that the custody dispute is no longer relevant because the teen, who was 16 when removed from the home, is now an adult.
good grief

Christians, eh?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 19th, 2024 at 12:55:11 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
good grief

Christians, eh?

Um, I'm pretty sure that once the person in question is an Adult, Custody Battles no longer count....💡
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
March 20th, 2024 at 3:35:36 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
Mayor of NYC now being sued for sexual assault and other assorted offenses by a woman….. she wrote a book on how to bring a lawsuit yourself ….. the event happened more than 30 years ago…..

He has commented that he has no idea who this woman is…..

I’m trying to imagine the misery you can be put through by someone making an allegation from 3 decades ago against you. ‘Can you prove you weren’t in Brooklyn on Pi day in 1993? You can’t!

She may be changing her middle name to ‘Blasey’.

30 years ago he wasn't the Mayor of NYC with a multi-million dollar net worth.

I don't know if it happened or not, but the time to go after a person if they did something is when it happens.
March 20th, 2024 at 4:57:44 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
30 years ago he wasn't the Mayor of NYC with a multi-million dollar net worth.

I don't know if it happened or not, but the time to go after a person if they did something is when it happens.

Except, there's all kinds of circumstances that might be exceptions. Does a 16 year old female know enough after being manipulated by trusted adult in an authority position? One might hesitate to accuse a police officer if its just one on one with no witnesses. Or a boss might get away with something where someone worked very hard to get such a position in the first place. Then there's just, someone in some place, someone never got the right name, couldn't find them, until they became famous and recognized them in the news.