In the News II

February 4th, 2024 at 4:06:35 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Gypsy Rose got released from Prison almost two years early. She was supposed to serve a 10 year sentence, but she was released on December 28th, 2023. She helped her boyfriend murder her Mother, Dee Dee Blanchard. Dee Dee claimed Gypsy was sick when she was really healthy. IIRC, her boyfriend is still in prison for Dee Dee's death since he was the main Murderer and Gypsy was the accomplice. I think he got first degree Murder charges, and Gypsy definitely got second degree Murder charges. IIRC, First degree is basically ,"You realize that your Friend stole a million dollars from you. You buy a gun, show up to his house, break in, and shoot him in the head."

Second degree Murder is,"You are a 15 year old girl. Your boyfriend is 21. Your Parents forbid you from seeing him as you are a Minor and he is an Adult. You pretend to be in need in trouble and lure your Parents to a park late at night. They come, trying to help you out and your Boyfriend shoots both of them while you stand by and watch. Third degree Murder is you coming home early after a horrific day at work. In your bed, you see your Husband having sex with your Sister. You in a blind rage, shoot both of them in the head with a gun you bought two years ago. I think I got the degrees right.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
February 4th, 2024 at 4:58:41 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Yeah, I misplaced my war.
to save face, what you should say is you go along with the idea that the 7 years war was actually the first world war ... in America it's called the French and Indian war. That makes the next world war WW2, not WW1

actually that is too smartass of a reply I guess

I was wondering if the casualties were also high like the other two world wars

>>>

How many people died in 7 year war?

Seven Years War - New World Encyclopedia
The Seven Years War (1756-1763) involved all the major European powers of the period, causing 900,000 to 1,400,000 deaths.
__

How many died in ww1?

World War I casualties
There were 20 million deaths and 21 million wounded. The total number of deaths includes 9.7 million military personnel and about 10 million civilians. The Entente Powers (also known as the Allies) lost about 5.7 million soldiers while the Central Powers lost about 4 million.
__

World War II was the largest and most violent military conflict in human history. Official casualty sources estimate battle deaths at nearly 15 million military personnel and civilian deaths at over 38 million.
__

What is the deadliest war since ww2?

Second Congo War - Wikipedia. 1998-2003. 5.4 million deaths

In 2008, the International Rescue Committee estimated that the war and its aftermath had caused 5.4 million deaths, principally through disease and malnutrition, making the Second Congo War the deadliest conflict worldwide since World War II.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 4th, 2024 at 6:36:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

actually that is too smartass of a reply I guess

I can’t in good conscience give a smartass reply when someone gives me a gentle nudge I’ve spoken in error.

Besides, I don’t like to overuse my smartass supply of smartass replies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 4th, 2024 at 4:01:21 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Riverjordan
but she was released on December 28th, 2024.

Try again.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 5th, 2024 at 5:32:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: DRich
Try again.

Interesting. There is no particular reason to post an exact date for this story. Yet an exact date in the future is ‘accidentally’ posted. RJ probably meant 2023, of course. And we will hear about it!
February 5th, 2024 at 6:47:31 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Interesting. There is no particular reason to post an exact date for this story. Yet an exact date in the future is ‘accidentally’ posted. RJ probably meant 2023, of course. And we will hear about it!

Yep, I made a mistake. I meant to type 2023, but accidentally typed 2024. 😜 I have now edited it to the right date. 😜
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
February 5th, 2024 at 10:12:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
King Charles has cancer.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 5th, 2024 at 1:58:16 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
King Charles has cancer.

They sure have produced a good bit of speculation while trying to prevent speculation.
February 5th, 2024 at 6:42:02 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
I assume they'll treat it with radiation, a tried and true treatment modality.

He should do fine unless it has already metastacized, in which case he might still pull through, but the odds would get tougher.

I view the heir to the thrown, William, as "Charles-lite," a colorless drone like his father.
February 5th, 2024 at 6:58:24 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
We may be running out of time to mock his freakish sausage fingers…

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman