In the News II

November 22nd, 2023 at 3:30:07 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
MAGA was so excited for a couple hours when they thought it was a terror attack.

Then reality set in.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 22nd, 2023 at 3:57:27 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I don't know if it was a terrorist attack, but somebody driving into a border checkpoint at that speed with no license plates is up to no good. They were definitely not attempting a routine border crossing. The absolute best-case scenario is it was an idiot street racer who got confused where they were going and separated from group (which is why they did not have plates and were driving recklessly, this theory does seem to be gaining some traction.) Somewhere in the middle is some kind of sketchy transaction that went wrong. And, the worse is a terror attack. None are good options (of course one is less of an ongoing threat.)

Some people are saying that a passenger makes it being a terror attack less likely, and this may be overall true, but it does not rule it out (some groups being a passenger on a bombing attack is a great honor and people line up to do it.) Without knowing the demographics of the driver and passenger, or vehicle details it is hard to speculate further.

I presume by now with all of the organizations involved, the vehicle and occupants have been identified, I would guess it may be some time before released to the public though.... But, without knowing more, it is really hard to say (it seems the only thing that has been confirmed about the driver -not passenger- is they are a New York resident.) And, there are very few good videos available, most seem to be like Rich linked above and you can only see small parts in the background (given the nature of the area, I am also assuming there are much better videos out there, that have not been released yet....)

The fact that they are saying it is not currently believed to be a terror attack, but are not simply saying "it was an accident from an idiot driving nothing to see here," leads me believe there is more than a simple reckless driving issue (but that is just my personal suspicion, I know citing lack of evidence as evidence is a tad conspiratorial.) (The other possibility is the driver was a minor since they seem to know who they were, which is why they have to be very vague with the details....)
November 22nd, 2023 at 4:13:04 PM permalink
ams288
Quote:
CNN is reporting that the driver of the vehicle that Fox claimed was full of explosives was a 56-year-old man who lived in a very upscale area that had intended to go to the kiss concert.. he was driving a $300k Bentley with his wife. CNN says it loos like a terrible accident

Terrorist KISS couple!!

November 22nd, 2023 at 4:58:03 PM permalink
ams288
Kari Lake apparently types the word “kike” so much that her phone doesn’t even autocorrect it anymore. Yikes.

November 22nd, 2023 at 5:23:13 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Terrorist KISS couple!!

I hope this is true. But sounds silly. Doesn’t explain
1. Presence of lots of explosives
2. Driving backwards
3. Seemingly intentional ‘accident’.

Watching Sabres now. Will check with you DT guys periodically to get updates.
November 22nd, 2023 at 5:25:46 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Terrorist KISS couple!!

I hope this is true. But sounds silly. Doesn’t explain
1. Presence of lots of explosives
2. Driving backwards
3. Seemingly intentional ‘accident’.

Watching Sabres now. Will check with you DT guys periodically to get updates.

There weren’t lots of explosives. Fox said that. It wasn’t true, like most of Fox’s reporting.
November 22nd, 2023 at 5:26:22 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Liberals just don’t understand what you are simply saying.

As far as childish Geno comment on me not being an expert on public health, I mentioned it only in case someone misinterpreted my ‘doctor’ experience as making me an expert on anything other than my specialty, anesthesiology (and pain management). Although not an expert on many things, I feel competent to discuss these issues on this hodgepodge of a forum. Having read your (Geno) posts, I now can unequivocally state I am more savvy about public health issues than you are. Feel free to attempt another one sentence post to try (and fail) to make yourself look knowledgeable. You aren’t fooling anyone here.

Let's just say I'd be willing to put my MPH against your credentials, and we are not impressed with an MD who is against suicide prevention.
November 22nd, 2023 at 5:29:19 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
As of right now it is ‘highly probable’ it is a terror attack. Someone sped up, drove the wrong way, and blew themselves up on an international bridge. Is it possible it’s something other than a terrorist attack, sure. But not likely.

Edit…. Seems like DRich has additional info that I don’t. I’ve been watching college basketball.

You keep making uninformed statements...
November 22nd, 2023 at 5:29:19 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Could it have been a driver+passenger in an unregistered car carrying contraband like drugs that took a wrong turn, ended up inadvertently at the border, knew they were going to end up in custody if searched by border patrol and tried to make a run for it, and their reckless driving ended in the deadly conflagration?

The FBI has a person in mind, but have not released any details as of yet.
November 22nd, 2023 at 6:39:08 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The initial description I heard sounded like the car just ruptured its gas tank. But then they started just saying it exploded, which made it sound like it was packed with explosives.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?