In the News II

July 2nd, 2023 at 2:22:41 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I've been with one (Jewish gal).

Her father didn't like my blue eyes.

So I didn't cut the cheese for inheritance.
July 3rd, 2023 at 3:01:14 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
San Francisco is likely to approved for driverless cabs

I feel for the older cab drivers who can't switch to Uber or Lyft because they don't do phone apps - they must be losing tons of business

it's a Brave New World - and really tough on some oldsters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2023/07/01/san-francisco-self-driving-taxi-waymo-cruise/

the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
July 3rd, 2023 at 9:15:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Squatting of the type where someone moves into an empty home and claims to own it or rent it should sound like the easiest crime to take care of. Some of these people change the locks, and even sell furniture in the home. When the real owner shows up, calls the police, some people have faked documents and then instead of a simple trespassing case, the police on site are confused enough, that it ends up in a court action, usually in court months behind in seeing such a case go forward. Some cases take more than a year to resolve while the people live there.

Definition of crazy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 3rd, 2023 at 10:43:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: missedhervee
Funny stuff: I open the door and a flood of "But some of my best friends are Jewish" threads follow up.

Gotta wonder though how many Jewish gals y'all have banged: that is the acid test.
"The shortage of marriageable Jewish men is well-known" ....... aish.com

I knew I could find that quote somewhere. So this is why I've heard Jewish women are available for dates. One reason for it I don't think is in the article [I quickly browsed it], is successful Jewish men often marry trophy wives, blondes and so on. I suppose that doesn't exclude Jewish women but it's the dilution effect if trophy is the goal.

https://aish.com/where-have-all-the-good-jewish-men-gone/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
July 3rd, 2023 at 3:52:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit

I knew I could find that quote somewhere. So this is why I've heard Jewish women are available for dates. One reason for it I don't think is in the article [I quickly browsed it], is successful Jewish men often marry trophy wives, blondes and so on. I suppose that doesn't exclude Jewish women but it's the dilution effect if trophy is the goal.

Speed Dating was a Jewish invention. Too many marrying outside the faith. For every Henry Hill that converted in twice as many drifted away when they intermarried. So they had nights where Jews could meet each other.
The President is a fink.
July 3rd, 2023 at 4:49:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman

Speed Dating was a Jewish invention. Too many marrying outside the faith. For every Henry Hill that converted in twice as many drifted away when they intermarried. So they had nights where Jews could meet each other.

I've known two Jewish men in my life and they were both married to non-jewish women. They both said the same thing that Jewish women are hell on Earth to live with and sexually they stop putting out after the wedding night. Probably an exaggeration but not by much.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2023 at 4:53:45 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
My college girlfriend was Jewish, and she wasn't frigid at all: very curious and accomodating, in fact.

She went on to get a Ph D. in psychology and taught at a major university for decades.

Her focus was on human sexuality, wouldn't you know.

My current wife's father was Jewish, but she's an atheist like me.
July 3rd, 2023 at 5:27:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman

I've known two Jewish men in my life and they were both married to non-jewish women. They both said the same thing that Jewish women are hell on Earth to live with and sexually they stop putting out after the wedding night. Probably an exaggeration but not by much.

As I always say, stereotypes usually come from some sort of reality. This was even a "Seinfeld" episode.
The President is a fink.
July 3rd, 2023 at 7:38:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Disney loses its trademark on Mickey Mouse in 2024. But only the earliest Steamboat Wille version. Newer versions will last until they reach their time limit. Winnie the Pooh and the other related characters lost their trademark last year.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 4th, 2023 at 2:47:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Disney loses its trademark on Mickey Mouse in 2024. But only the earliest Steamboat Wille version. Newer versions will last until they reach their time limit. Winnie the Pooh and the other related characters lost their trademark last year.

I think you mean "copyright."

But they have a stopgap. Have you noticed they use a clip of "Steamboat Willie" now? Before a film stats when they put the name of the studio up? That makes it a Trademark, which has no limit on time. What they will do to protect all the other films is anyone's guess. The studios all will probably push for the time limit to be extended again as we are soon coming up on the age where many will expire.
The President is a fink.