The Trump Arrest thread

August 22nd, 2023 at 5:09:56 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I was in SF earlier this year and will be back in about a month. Never had an issue, always fun. Are there homeless? Sure. Are there rampant gun crimes? No. I will take some junkies sleeping on the sidewalk over rampant gun crime any day of the week.

Trump should be turning himself in on Thursday in GA. It is strange that he suddenly cares about civil rights violations in Fulton County Jail when he has to report (and not you know, when he was President and had to power to order the DOJ to investigate.....) Even if he has to spend time in prison (unlikely), it is not like he will be subject to such conditions as he will be in a segregated cell with full protection (he keeps SS protection for life even if in prison for the rest of his life.)
August 22nd, 2023 at 5:15:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
Crime statistics are often not relevant, in the sense that there are (often) easy ways to avoid the areas of a ‘high crime city’ that are truly the dangerous areas. I know certain areas of Buffalo are definitely ‘no go’ zones. And other areas as safe as most suburbs. So the ‘crime rate’ for Buffalo ‘overall’ is not relevant TO ME.

I’ve been to SF twice. Both times stayed at expensive downtown hotels. It was a few years back and even then the homeless/vagrants on the streets made it unpleasant to walk around. Remember, a guy sleeping on the street in front of your hotel in his own feces is NOT committing a crime in SF. Or if it is, he certainly won’t be arrested and charged let alone convicted of anything. So that doesn’t count in the ‘crime’ statistics.

Call me a mean bad conservative, but I prefer having my municipality not allowing that behavior.

When I go to San Francisco for work I try to stay at the Fairmont, if I am paying I am more likely at the airport Hyatt.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 23rd, 2023 at 5:07:30 PM permalink
Gandler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJU3M-kKhI&t=99

I have never listed to the full phone call, it is pretty disturbing. I would say it is humorous if so many cult members did not side with him.

"Hundreds of Thousands of Fraudulent ballots in Fulton County alone" (Ummmmm what? How many people does he think lives in Fulton County GA? He may as well just say 100% of cast ballots are fake.....)

"We have spent a lot of time on this, if we can just go over some of the numbers. You can see it by rally size frankly" (That is not how a "careful review by certified accountants" of the numbers works.....)

"We have drop boxes on video not getting picked up for days" (Yes, that is how remote dropboxes work.)

"At least 5000 dead people have voted" (No, GA Republicans discovered 4 contested results with dead voters . And, 75% of the dead voters were Trump voters.... 3/4. Possibly 100% were Trump voters, the 4th one was unable to verify which Presidential candidate was voted for in records....)

So, it is a whole lot of nonsense that is not true, and the only actual voter fraud favored Trump (talking about GA, not getting into every State.) Maybe Republicans should support voter fraud to give them a chance to win?
August 24th, 2023 at 8:57:34 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Gandler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIJU3M-kKhI&t=99

I have never listed to the full phone call, it is pretty disturbing. I would say it is humorous if so many cult members did not side with him.

"Hundreds of Thousands of Fraudulent ballots in Fulton County alone" (Ummmmm what? How many people does he think lives in Fulton County GA? He may as well just say 100% of cast ballots are fake.....)

"We have spent a lot of time on this, if we can just go over some of the numbers. You can see it by rally size frankly" (That is not how a "careful review by certified accountants" of the numbers works.....)

"We have drop boxes on video not getting picked up for days" (Yes, that is how remote dropboxes work.)

"At least 5000 dead people have voted" (No, GA Republicans discovered 4 contested results with dead voters . And, 75% of the dead voters were Trump voters.... 3/4. Possibly 100% were Trump voters, the 4th one was unable to verify which Presidential candidate was voted for in records....)

So, it is a whole lot of nonsense that is not true, and the only actual voter fraud favored Trump (talking about GA, not getting into every State.) Maybe Republicans should support voter fraud to give them a chance to win?
. Over a million people live in Fulton county.

First of all as a reminder……. I do NOT believe that there was enough election fraud to alter the result of the 2020 election.

Buttttttt….. Remember…. Those committing fraud OF ANY KIND do so and TRY THEIR HARDEST not to be caught. That’s the whole idea!!!

Use George Santos as an example. If I would have told you BEFORE it became public that a Congressman was elected who didn’t graduate college as stated, didn’t participate in sports teams as stated, was a drag queen, didn’t have work experience as claimed, had a criminal record in Brazil, etc…. you would have called me delusional. These were EASILY found out in today’s modern world…. If he could trick the Republican Party, the Democrat party, the media (until finally NYT outed him) and the electorate, how much more plausible is it that someone figured out a way to change DJT votes to Biden votes? And no evidence of such? That’s the WHOLE IDEA!

As far as Trump’s guilt on the ‘find me votes’. One could EASILY argue that the votes he wanted found were REAL votes for him. Unless you can find EVIDENCE that he said ‘make up’ votes for me, I don’t think he gets convicted.
August 24th, 2023 at 9:36:28 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: ams288
I’m more interested in what his actual weight is.

That would make for a good wager. Anyone interested?

Edit: Here are the lines at BetOnline.ag:

Over 278.5 -110
Under 278.5 -130

40-cent juice, ouch!

What is Trump’s weight after mugshot release? Oddsmakers join in on fun.

Edit #2

BetOnline.ag the following prop:

Trump Indictment
Georgia:

To Smile or Smirk in Official Mugshot
Not Smiling/Smirking -400
Smiling/Smirking +250
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 24th, 2023 at 1:24:54 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 24th, 2023 at 4:55:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Edit: deleted fake mugshot

Apparently his weight is listed as 215 lbs on the Fulton Co. website!!!! LMAO
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 24th, 2023 at 5:04:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Saw this on X

As he left, Trump said, “it was a perfect mugshot, really the best one of all time. The people there, they were all big fans by the way, they said, “this is terrible what’s happening but that mug shot is fantastic, most people have very poor mug shots but yours is incredible.””
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 24th, 2023 at 5:21:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: ams288
Edit: deleted fake mugshot

Apparently his weight is listed as 215 lbs on the Fulton Co. website!!!! LMAO

I read some article earlier today that Fulton County has a severe problem with HT/WT during bookings, apparently they do not take anyone's info, they just populate it from an unknown source. The good news for Trump is every weight release he has done has been a phony source, so this is in good company.

Even if he were 6' 3" (improbable) and only 215 (no way), he is a very overweight man. (Most likely he is still 6'2" and in the 240s.... Some sources say it is more likely he is in the 250s-260s based on photo comparisons.) Sad!
August 24th, 2023 at 5:50:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Here’s the real one:

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman