No votes (0%)
1 vote (25%)

4 members have voted

November 8th, 2023 at 4:54:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Another ROEvember in the books.

The biggest LOL of the night for me is Virginia. Youngkin literally campaigned on a 15 week abortion ban if the GOP would be able to flip the state senate. DUMBASS!!

Correct. Hurts the dumb Republicans EVEN MORE in a low turnout election like we have in odd number years.

My summary of the Republican Party choices….

A. We can take the Presidency , House, and Senate, or
B. We can keep fighting this abortion battle that we will lose anyways…

They have chosen B….
November 8th, 2023 at 5:09:31 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
This may sound selfish because it does not directly effect me. But, I think Republicans going hard against abortion is one of the greatest things ever for progress because it will ensure that we keep Dem wins going.

Obviously abortion should be fully legal, but banning it is so backwards you suddenly wake up a lot of young people who would not vote otherwise.

I also think the general insanity of the GOP is not helping them, their mainstream became conspiracy theories. I don't think it is a party that can be taken seriously anymore. Gone are the good days of Cheney and Bush. Now, the GOP is basically a Trump rant fest....
November 8th, 2023 at 7:14:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Another Republican debate tonight. 5 left?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2023 at 7:31:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Another Republican debate tonight. 5 left?

What’s the point? The nominee has already been selected.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 8th, 2023 at 7:46:48 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What’s the point? The nominee has already been selected.

Republican's waste more donations that might go to Trump?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 8th, 2023 at 7:59:31 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
Republican's waste more donations that might go to Trump?

It’d be entertaining if more of them (besides Christie) actually attacked Donny, but they’re all afraid. They’re just jostling for VP I guess?
November 8th, 2023 at 10:21:34 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
You know...when a Democrat wins a Gubernatorial race by nearly five points...in Kentucky...in a campaign that he deliberately focused on abortion rights...maybe the Evangelical retards could step back and say, "You know what Jim Bobby Jethro Billy, we might not have our finger on the...on the...what's that word of the nation, Jim Bobby Jethro Billy?"

"Pulse, it's pulse of the nation Jimmy Joe Buford Bob. Just like the pulse that babies have as soon as they conceptualized---we ain't changin' nothin and wes jus' gon' kee fightin'!"
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 8th, 2023 at 1:41:59 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
It’d be entertaining if more of them (besides Christie) actually attacked Donny, but they’re all afraid. They’re just jostling for VP I guess?

You think DSantis is ‘jockeying for VP’? What planet are you from?

Scott is a possible. Teeny chance for Haley. Ramaswammy?? DeSantis 0. Christie 0.

It’s Lake of course. If the Repubs are stupid enough to pick Trump, why not double down with Lake?
November 8th, 2023 at 1:48:14 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: Gandler
Obviously abortion should be fully legal, but banning it is so backwards....

Republicans aren't trying to ban abortions. They want to limit it to the first fifteen weeks of pregnancy, because the fetus begins to feel pain at thirteen weeks.

'The study found a record-high 69% of Americans said abortion should generally be legal in the first three months of pregnancy.'

Only 37% of Americans say it should be legal in the second trimester, and 22% in the final trimester.
November 8th, 2023 at 1:54:59 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Tanko
Republicans aren't trying to ban abortions.

Sure, Jan.

Have you met the Speaker of the House?