2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

January 6th, 2024 at 5:15:44 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Supreme Court agrees to hear case on whether Donny can be disqualified from CO ballot on Feb. 8th.

Only four weeks to send your bribe checks to Justice Thomas!

The individual State primary elections are a different animal than the Federal election. Since how they are run seems to be dictated by agreements between the parties and the State folks, is there room to say that they can keep him off the ballot for the Primary but not the General once the nomination is made by the party?

The States don't have weird things like the Iowa caucuses during the Federal election.

Could the decision be to allow him to be removed from the ballot in the Primaries and that he be placed on the Federal ballot if he is chosen as the candidate at the convention?

Will the Biden nominee just vote they way she is told to by MSNBC or will she actually consider the Constitution?
January 6th, 2024 at 6:26:06 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
The individual State primary elections are a different animal than the Federal election. Since how they are run seems to be dictated by agreements between the parties and the State folks, is there room to say that they can keep him off the ballot for the Primary but not the General once the nomination is made by the party?

The States don't have weird things like the Iowa caucuses during the Federal election.

Could the decision be to allow him to be removed from the ballot in the Primaries and that he be placed on the Federal ballot if he is chosen as the candidate at the convention?

Will the Biden nominee just vote they way she is told to by MSNBC or will she actually consider the Constitution?

If a candidate is ineligible for office, then they are ineligible for office and shouldn't be on either a primary ballot or the general no matter the circumstances. Don't see how a decision to boot him off the primary ballot but keep him on the general makes sense.
January 6th, 2024 at 7:46:40 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: GenoDRPh
If a candidate is ineligible for office, then they are ineligible for office and shouldn't be on either a primary ballot or the general no matter the circumstances. Don't see how a decision to boot him off the primary ballot but keep him on the general makes sense.

He is not "on" the general election ballot until he is nominated. I am not saying that it "will be" considered apart from the primary elections but they are run differently which means it is possible.

Courts split hairs all the time...that is all that I am saying.

I am against the Democrat attempt to subvert the ballot. In doing this, they are doing the same thing--trying to dictate the person on the ballot from the other side (more specifically who is NOT on the ballot)--just like a dictator would do...exactly what President Biden and all his minions ay Trump wants to become.

If there was the basis of an actual charge of insurrection or rebellion in order, why wasn't that the FIRST charge filed instead of the other ones since it is the one that would not necessarily be disqualifying? They didn't gain a conviction in the Senate on charges related to the event; now they use the end around to try and get past that.

Do I want Trump to be President? No. I want someone on the conservative side who is not nearly as abrasive and or divisive (which also fits Biden, in spite of his telling us how he is uniting the country) as him.

I wish more of the people felt it was time to move on...
January 6th, 2024 at 8:23:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I want someone on the conservative side who is not nearly as abrasive and or divisive (which also fits Biden

[Quote snipped for the lols]

Just when you’re about to make an actual point, your both sides bullshit slips out.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2024 at 8:27:58 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
He is not "on" the general election ballot until he is nominated. I am not saying that it "will be" considered apart from the primary elections but they are run differently which means it is possible.

Courts split hairs all the time...that is all that I am saying.

I am against the Democrat attempt to subvert the ballot. In doing this, they are doing the same thing--trying to dictate the person on the ballot from the other side (more specifically who is NOT on the ballot)--just like a dictator would do...exactly what President Biden and all his minions ay Trump wants to become.

If there was the basis of an actual charge of insurrection or rebellion in order, why wasn't that the FIRST charge filed instead of the other ones since it is the one that would not necessarily be disqualifying? They didn't gain a conviction in the Senate on charges related to the event; now they use the end around to try and get past that.

Do I want Trump to be President? No. I want someone on the conservative side who is not nearly as abrasive and or divisive (which also fits Biden, in spite of his telling us how he is uniting the country) as him.

I wish more of the people felt it was time to move on...

The question as to why he wasn't charged with insurrection has already been answered. And his impeachment and Senate acquittal has no bearing, as congressional impeachment and removal from office is not a criminal penalty, so double jeopardy doesn't apply. Furthermore, historically neither being charged nor being convicted of insurrection was necessary for 14th Amendment disqualification.

It isn't subverting the ballot. If Donnie isn't eligible for office anymore, he shouldn't be on the ballot. The voters are best served by giving them a choice of eligible people.
January 6th, 2024 at 8:39:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Do you think Republicans would support Hillary or Obama being subject to the voters under all the same cloud as Trump currently is? Hard for me to imagine.

Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???
Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2024 at 8:50:24 AM permalink
RonC
The question as to why he wasn't charged with insurrection has already been answered.

...and he was not charged, in spite of the referral by the bipartisan 1/6 House Committee.

And his impeachment and Senate acquittal has no bearing, as congressional impeachment and removal from office is not a criminal penalty, so double jeopardy doesn't apply.

I never said it did; but a vote convicting him would have been disqualifying for office. There is no "double jeopardy" issue; there was just an impeachment and a subsequent vote in the Senate.

Furthermore, historically neither being charged nor being convicted of insurrection was necessary for 14th Amendment disqualification.

Historically, a lot of things happened that have been subject to court rulings that went the other way when revisited in the court system or remedied in other ways. "History" is not always what we should look to for what is "right"...though court (and other) precedents do merit consideration.

t isn't subverting the ballot. If Donnie isn't eligible for office anymore, he shouldn't be on the ballot. The voters are best served by giving them a choice of eligible people.

All well and good, but are they really just trying to determine eligibility or are they trying to lock in the win? Democrats won the Presidency in 2020; why can't they just tell us what they have done well, why Trump should not be President, and win again? That would do more to settle things than trying to do it with bureaucrats and the courts. President Biden has done so well, he should easily beat Trump by even more votes.
January 6th, 2024 at 8:56:46 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: rxwine
Do you think Republicans would support Hillary or Obama being subject to the voters under all the same cloud as Trump currently is? Hard for me to imagine.

Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???
Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???Why are Republicans even suggesting impeaching Biden, which is supposed to be the first process of removing a President WITHOUT voter consent???

Did the teacher tell you to write the sentence 500 times? You are a few short...

I don't know what Republicans would do. That is a stupid thing to look at anyway. The thing to look at is what is the right thing to do. Until SOMEONE starts doing that regularly, government will remain a shit show.

The Democrats impeached Trump twice because they thought the evidence they found in their impeachment inquiries warranted a vote impeaching him. President Biden is subject to the same thing and there is some evidence that he may have acted improperly while in office as Vice President. 51 people said that the laptop was Russian disinformation, let by the current Secretary of State. That turned out to not be true. A lot of money from foreign actors changed hands into the Biden businesses. Is there a link? Without an inquiry, we would never know. That does not mean there is one. There may be one.
January 6th, 2024 at 9:01:45 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Did the teacher tell you to write the sentence 500 times? You are a few short...

I don't know what Republicans would do. That is a stupid thing to look at anyway. The thing to look at is what is the right thing to do. Until SOMEONE starts doing that regularly, government will remain a shit show.

The Democrats impeached Trump twice because they thought the evidence they found in their impeachment inquiries warranted a vote impeaching him. President Biden is subject to the same thing and there is some evidence that he may have acted improperly while in office as Vice President. 51 people said that the laptop was Russian disinformation, let by the current Secretary of State. That turned out to not be true. A lot of money from foreign actors changed hands into the Biden businesses. Is there a link? Without an inquiry, we would never know. That does not mean there is one. There may be one.

Let us know when there is actual evidence Joe benefitted from foreign dealings. We know, for example, that millions of foreign money passed directly into Donnie's hands while Donnie was President.
January 6th, 2024 at 9:19:10 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
[Quote snipped for the lols]

Just when you’re about to make an actual point, your both sides bullshit slips out.

My "both sides bullshit" is your failure to see the log in your eye while you see the speck in mine.

Joe Biden is a divisive person. He promised not to be, but it turns out he lied. He has not tried to bring people together.

I don't consider him "abrasive" as I do Trump.

Politicians are pretty much all dickweeds. They are self-serving folks who don't give two craps about you or I.

Of course both sides suck. Some of them blow, too. Both of them are not, as a whole, serving the people who elect them in the manner they should.

It is our fault. We don't demand that they serve us properly. We'd rather call each other names.