2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

December 30th, 2023 at 6:10:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
I use 'Af/Ams' a lot and it doesn't seem to offend. I don't seem to need to talk about race at all unless it's politics, which is a disgusting fact about politics

I've read that African-Americans/Blacks/Af/Ams like to vote without going to the polls by a large margin. To square that with what you report, I'd guess the drop-box method is favored?

It could be, but according to the prior page of what I cited, black voters also have the highest level of confidence that their votes were counted. Amongst Hispanics, Asians and Crackers (like us), there was no meaningful difference in voter confidence, but African-Americans really seemed to trust the process.

One funny thing on the prior page (relative to the link) is that only 21% of Trump voters (as of 11/20) think that the election was handled well; 47% think it was handled, 'Not well at all,' and the balance thought it was handled somewhat poorly. 50% thought it was handled very well, or somewhat well, in 10/20.

What's funny about that is these same respondents were 88% to say that their local elections were handled either somewhat well or very well, but then that dropped to only 81% in 11/20.

Basically, these primates (the Trump voters who don't trust the election) became convinced that there was an unfair and fraudulent election by mere virtue of Trump saying so. Think about it: there's a 60% drop off when you compare Trump voters who thought their local elections were run well compared to how many think the elections were well run, overall. In other words, they immediately believe anything Trump says, despite the fact that it doesn't align with their own empirical observations.

Actually, it got to the point where barely over 60% of Republicans even trust in-person voting; I guess we should give a hearty, "Great job!", to Donald Trump for causing his own automatons to have fractured belief in our political system.

Other interesting (at least, to me, findings):

*54% (11/20) of Biden's voters said their vote was primarily AGAINST Trump more than it was FOR Biden. 76% of Trump voters said that their votes were actually FOR Trump rather than AGAINST Biden. We probably have to give Trump credit where it's due for the highest voter turnout in history:

(81283501 * .54) + (74223975 * .76) = 100,303,311 (Rounded)

Essentially, 63.31% of ALL voters (irrespective of whether they voted for Biden or Trump) state they were either voting for Trump, or specifically against Trump. Certainly, some number of those folks would have voted anyway, but it is interesting that one almost has to conclude that Trump drove Democratic turnout compared to 'Generic Republican President A.'

I just like the Election denier argument that goes, "How could he get more votes than any other Republican in history and still lose?" For one, Biden got more votes than any other Democrat, and secondly, because Trump actually did almost as well driving Democratic turnout as he did Republican. In fact, prior to Biden actually winning, 60-some% of his supporters said it was really more of a vote against Trump.

Some Republicans also liked pointing to the excitement at Trump rallies compared to Biden rallies. Well, while the Democratic Party might be a cult, Biden himself is not a cult and Trump is, so that explains that. I mean, their confidence in this country's entire Electoral Process crumbled because of Trump's mere say so, but that's because they are Evangelicals who think on the level of primates and are used to being in cults anyway.

Biden was the pragmatic choice; I don't even think Biden was specifically excited about Biden.

How do I know most voters are idiots? In the exit polling, 80% of them thought more Covid aid was needed; it was the one thing you could get people to agree upon. 78% of lower income Trump voters, 61% middle income Trump voters and 49% high income Trump voters even thought so.

We're starting to see that little beast called, 'The consequences of our actions,' now; but, don't worry, the economic bloodbath hasn't even begun yet. I don't think it'll be 2008, and it definitely won't be 2020 (for six months), but it's going to be quite a show.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
December 30th, 2023 at 6:11:00 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: odiousgambit
It is certainly true that projections I remember way back when, was that the Black population would increase towards 20% , and I just looked it up, it's about 12% now ... about where it was I think

btw I should have said 'out without bail' as the woke trend with DAs, not 'no bail' [so I corrected that upthread] ... though in my opinion if the woke thinking has anything to it, about how poor people can't get out on bail, then I would have wanted them indeed to go to 'no bail' ... meaning nobody gets out on bail at all, even rich people!

Are blacks protected by the Constitution if they are intentionally being replaced?
December 30th, 2023 at 6:28:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
It doesn't matter to anyone that an esteemed liberal justice said that Roe was a flawed decision; liberals are critical of it being overturned by those "corrupt idiots." I wouldn't have an issue with that but the court has shown that while it as a conservative nature now, it will also make decisions that conservatives don't like when a case warrants it. I guess when the Court goes the other way, the other side can say the liberals are corrupt.

Is Thomas squeaky clean? No. I don't think so. The flawed policies of the court left too much room for people to do things that should not be acceptable.

There are relatively easy ways to get money to the Justices. Book deals pay millions before the first book is sold. How do we know that influence is not being sold in all the book deals?

Maybe we should just pay all of them $1,000,000 a year and allow no outside earnings at all while sitting on the Court.

My post mentioned nothing about Roe or any other decision.

Only that Clarence Thomas is an extremely corrupt idiot. We can add that he is likely a criminal as well in the eyes of the IRS.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 30th, 2023 at 7:35:31 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
My post mentioned nothing about Roe or any other decision.

Only that Clarence Thomas is an extremely corrupt idiot. We can add that he is likely a criminal as well in the eyes of the IRS.

I did not say that you did. My point is that the court was called names as a whole because of it in spite of folks who lean liberal who said that it was a flawed decision. If Colorado (or any other cases taken for consideration) are in Trump's favor and are not 9-0 or 8-1 decisions. it is likely some liberals will call them bad decisions.

If the IRS had anything concrete on Thomas, it would be in the hands of the DOJ. They are very diligent about prosecuting tax cheats when they have a case.
December 30th, 2023 at 9:25:28 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DoubleGold
The author is showing blacks are killing blacks at a high rate

The only reason for that is because that's who lives in their neighborhoods, other blacks. It's not that they're choosing other blacks on purpose it's just because it's convenient. When I had my cab company a question I would ask blacks all the time was what percentage of the US population is black. I never had a single one of them get it right or even come close. A lot of them said 50%, or 40%, the most popular answer was 25 to 30%. When I would tell them it was 12% at that time a lot of them didn't believe me. The reason they thought it was so high it's because that's all they see in their neighborhoods is other blacks.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 30th, 2023 at 9:55:45 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
If the IRS had anything concrete on Thomas, it would be in the hands of the DOJ. They are very diligent about prosecuting tax cheats when they have a case.

I am highly doubtful that any reasonable investigation into his potential crimes has been done. The Senate GOP would likely stage their own insurrection if anyone comes after one of their justices.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 30th, 2023 at 10:46:53 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
some snips

Quote: Mission146
It could be, but according to the prior page of what I cited, black voters also have the highest level of confidence that their votes were counted. Amongst Hispanics, Asians and Crackers (like us), there was no meaningful difference in voter confidence, but African-Americans really seemed to trust the process.
this was a deflection. The issue is fraudulent votes, not whether one's votes get counted.

Quote:
Basically, these primates (the Trump voters who don't trust the election)...
wow

Quote:
... became convinced that there was an unfair and fraudulent election by mere virtue of Trump saying so. Think about it: there's a 60% drop off when you compare Trump voters who thought their local elections were run well compared to how many think the elections were well run, overall. In other words, they immediately believe anything Trump says, despite the fact that it doesn't align with their own empirical observations.
As one of the Contemptible Apes, let me say nothing Trump says or said is necessary for me to see that the last federal election was very problematic. I would say all these problems got worse:

Worse: Illegal voting: those not qualified to vote, such as non- citizens, casting votes. Democrat-run cities openly advocating illegals vote, and this even made even the MSM news

Worse: Mail Ballot fraud: Primarily in the way the mailing of ballots exploded, much not where it had been done before and openly acknowledged in those cases to be going to they knew not whom, really, just based on old unupdated voter registration.

Worse: Fraud of improperly "assisting" people vote. OK I have to admit I only suspect this .... strongly

Quote:
Actually, it got to the point where barely over 60% of Republicans even trust in-person voting; I guess we should give a hearty, "Great job!", to Donald Trump for causing his own automatons to have fractured belief in our political system.
Perhaps the other Apes needed Trump to tell them, but I have been maintaining we need to enact measures in order to return faith in the system. How to do this is known.

Quote:
Other interesting (at least, to me, findings):

*54% (11/20) of Biden's voters said their vote was primarily AGAINST Trump more than it was FOR Biden. 76% of Trump voters said that their votes were actually FOR Trump rather than AGAINST Biden. We probably have to give Trump credit where it's due for the highest voter turnout in history:

(81283501 * .54) + (74223975 * .76) = 100,303,311 (Rounded)
only an [umm, what insult was that again?] would fail to question just how it was that more people voted for Biden than voted for Obama. What in the world are all those ballots doing out there?

Quote:
Essentially, 63.31% of ALL voters (irrespective of whether they voted for Biden or Trump) state they were either voting for Trump, or specifically against Trump. Certainly, some number of those folks would have voted anyway, but it is interesting that one almost has to conclude that Trump drove Democratic turnout compared to 'Generic Republican President A.'
I 'almost have to conclude' it's so if you are a [umm, what insult was that again?] that needs to have that suggested to them

Quote:
I just like the Election denier ...
here we go again with that

Quote:
Some Republicans also liked pointing to the excitement at Trump rallies compared to Biden rallies. Well, while the Democratic Party might be a cult, Biden himself is not a cult and Trump is, so that explains that. I mean, their confidence in this country's entire Electoral Process crumbled because of Trump's mere say so, but that's because they are Evangelicals who think on the level of primates
oh, there that insult is

Quote:
Biden was the pragmatic choice; I don't even think Biden was specifically excited about Biden...
that's your best line

The voters I don't like are just a bunch of level-of-holocaust-denying Apes in my view too, and maybe the ones you don't like are too influenced by Trump, but it is not necessary to be simian to see that as a country we are in big trouble if the elections continue to be run in a way that the public cannot trust. Ask Hillary.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 30th, 2023 at 11:18:12 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Mike Lindell spent a lot of money trying to find voter fraud. He was court ordered to pay his independent investigator for proving him wrong. It was the AG of Kansas I believe who ran an investigation to find alleged widespread voter fraud. His tenure expired with nada to show. Guiliani, Sidney Powell have already admitted under oath they lied about voter fraud. Kari Lake has pursued endless quests to find fraud ad nauseum. Numerous fake electors are under indictment.

Are we talking which side is suspected of primitive primates?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 30th, 2023 at 11:23:35 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Mike Lindell spent a lot of money trying to find voter fraud. He was court ordered to pay his independent investigator for proving him wrong. It was the AG of Kansas I believe who ran an investigation to find alleged widespread voter fraud. His tenure expired with nada to show. Guiliani, Sidney Powell have already admitted under oath they lied about voter fraud. Kari Lake has pursued endless quests to find fraud ad nauseum. Numerous fake electors are under indictment.

Are we talking which side is suspected of primates?
It's the FBI that needs to do the investigations. Private citizens are just going to look stupid, simian in fact

maybe we just don't want the FBI to get involved [though they did with the Russia/Trump hoax] ... in which case we need to reform the election process so Hillary and Stacey Abrams don't get so upset and go around claiming fraud
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 30th, 2023 at 3:53:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody see this Valley Girl dummy who's the Secretary of State in Maine? Oh my God, the Democrat Party has become a three-ring circus. In her statement about taking Trump off the ballot she uses the word 'I' exclusively a bunch of times. That's because this decision was totally her opinion and it's not backed up by anything other than what she thinks. She thinks it's up to her to uphold the 14th Amendment when Trump is not even been charged with anything yet let alone found guilty. Even CNN is saying this is pretty much a joke. How many more of these buffoons will come forward to make absolute fools out of themselves. If this was a fictional movie you wouldn't believe it because it's just too ridiculous.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.