No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

October 29th, 2023 at 7:54:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: missedhervee
Too bad: of all the candidates he seems among the "sanest."

Kudos to him for standing up to the orange oaf on Insurrection Day.

Holy mother of Christ. Pence seems the 'Sanest?' I really don't want to know who the other options are.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
October 29th, 2023 at 4:09:28 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146
Holy mother of Christ. Pence seems the 'Sanest?' I really don't want to know who the other options are.

Sadly, it is probably true. He may be religious which I don't like, but he may have been the best of the options.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 29th, 2023 at 8:16:33 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
For the first time this year (two weeks ago now,) I voted early. It was an extremely easy process. You literally just show up to an early voting station, give them your ID, they scan it, and it populated a ballot on an assigned voting booth. You press the choices (which this election are very localized depending on where you live,) and verify, and it prints a ballot, which you then bring over to the primary machine and the voting officials scan in. This whole process takes about 2 mins. Very easy, way faster than even my fastest experience on election day. The fact that it opened on the same block as where I work made it even more appealing (took like an extra 5 mins out of my workday.)

I would highly recommend early voting to anyone who does not like dealing with election day drama. Probably the best voting experience of my life (the reason I cannot label mail voting as this is the last two elections there have been admin issues since the new nonsense GA law, which required verification and nullified the benefits of voting from home, so considering the negatives even if they are delayed, this is an overall more streamlined experience.)

(This is a review for GA early voting.)

Highly recommend, and very proud that I tried it this cycle.
October 30th, 2023 at 5:16:36 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
As has been the case for years now, everything the righties accuse about Biden’s mental decline are 100x more true with Donny.

Quote:
Trump gets the name of the city he’s in wrong, forcing someone on stage to apparently whisper in his ear where he actually is: “You’re in Sioux City, Mr. President”

https://x.com/bidenhq/status/1718723159355019558?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

(If your first impulse is to respond to this post that they’re both too old and you wish we had other choices: great. We don’t. It’s gonna be one or the other).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 30th, 2023 at 11:41:27 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
As has been the case for years now, everything the righties accuse about Biden’s mental decline are 100x more true with Donny.

https://x.com/bidenhq/status/1718723159355019558?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

(If your first impulse is to respond to this post that they’re both too old and you wish we had other choices: great. We don’t. It’s gonna be one or the other).

Biden has clearly shown way more signs of mental decline than Trump. You have to be an ostrich with your head in the sand to disagree. Donnie’s reasons for not being suitable for the Presidency are more about his mental state than mental decline. As mentioned many times, Biden is doing ok for an octogenarian if all he had to do was play ball with his grandkids, grill a steak occasionally, and play pickleball. Vote for Biden if you wish, but stop with the denying his obvious mental decline!
October 30th, 2023 at 12:47:05 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
Biden has clearly shown way more signs of mental decline than Trump. You have to be an ostrich with your head in the sand to disagree. Donnie’s reasons for not being suitable for the Presidency are more about his mental state than mental decline. As mentioned many times, Biden is doing ok for an octogenarian if all he had to do was play ball with his grandkids, grill a steak occasionally, and play pickleball. Vote for Biden if you wish, but stop with the denying his obvious mental decline!

Vote for Donny if you wish, but stop with the denying his obvious mental decline!
October 30th, 2023 at 2:11:47 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
The problem with Trump is that he has had severe mental issues his whole life so it may be harder to detect.

The reality is both are aging, and not in peak health, and probably have a decline. That being said, I would take a declining Biden over a declining Trump any day.

Heck, Biden can be in a coma the next 4 years and it would still be better than 4 years of Trump without question (it may even be better than 4 years of Biden being himself....)
October 30th, 2023 at 2:36:40 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: ams288
Vote for Donny if you wish, but stop with the denying his obvious mental decline!

So you are saying that Donny used to be stable?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 30th, 2023 at 3:05:37 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: DRich
So you are saying that Donny used to be stable?

He used to be able to speak without slurring and not knowing where he was.
October 30th, 2023 at 4:49:52 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Trumps mental decline is nowhere near the decline that Biden has exhibited. Not even close. But as others have mentioned, Trump was never particularly sharp. Biden as a career politico was able to handle himself easily behind the mic until recently.

And I won’t be voting for either. Might be 3rd straight Presidential election I vote for myself.