2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

February 8th, 2024 at 4:04:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
That’s what they would have done had the Senators, etc., actually been perceived as being in any real danger; hence, me making snoring sounds. Of course, AOC was hiding under her desk, or something, but she’s also the one who poses herself crying at the border until the light is right and they get a decent shot. Screw rubber bullets; the trespassers might survive those.

I’m not sure how to feel about this…. but I’ve been agreeing more and more with Mission on this topic. I would have been happy if every person who stormed the Capitol was shot dead on January 6. I’m still upset that, to my knowledge, none of them have been actually charged with the crime of insurrection.
February 8th, 2024 at 4:45:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Did any of the justices reinforce the idea that it was undemocratic to take someone off the ballot. I thought that was a preposterous argument to begin with. It's not undemocratic at all to remove someone who is actually disqualified. You can't vote in someone who is not a citizen, nor will be old enough just because lots of people want to vote for him or her.

Looked more like they are going to go with a more technical argument against possible chaos if states can independently make a call in a federal election.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2024 at 6:58:56 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Did any of the justices reinforce the idea that it was undemocratic to take someone off the ballot. I thought that was a preposterous argument to begin with. It's not undemocratic at all to remove someone who is actually disqualified. You can't vote in someone who is not a citizen, nor will be old enough just because lots of people want to vote for him or her.

Looked more like they are going to go with a more technical argument against possible chaos if states can independently make a call in a federal election.

I listened to the whole 2 hours. Gorsuch floated the idea that it was permissible to keep Trump on the ballot, but prevent him from serving if elected. To me, that sounds absolutely preposterous and an invitation for complete electoral pandemonium. Kavanaugh did indeed ask point blank about disenfranchisement and its effect on democracy. I forget the attorney's answer, but I remember being not terribly impressed. To me, the attorney for the anti-Trump side was unprepared to answer questions head on, and tried to use lawyer-speak to answer questions.
February 9th, 2024 at 6:30:01 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Biden just mentioned the President of Mexico while answering a question. He referenced Abdel Fattah El-Sissi. Except he’s the President of Egypt, not Mexico.

PLEASE DEMOCRATS….. figure out a way to nominate a Newsom/Klobuchar/etc….
February 9th, 2024 at 6:56:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Biden just mentioned the President of Mexico while answering a question. He referenced Abdel Fattah El-Sissi. Except he’s the President of Egypt, not Mexico.

PLEASE DEMOCRATS….. figure out a way to nominate a Newsom/Klobuchar/etc….

Last night:

Trump: “Viktor Orban…He’s the leader of Turkey.”

Orban is Hungary’s authoritarian leader.

https://x.com/rpsagainsttrump/status/1755771044705489250?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

“Both sides”

lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 9th, 2024 at 7:08:34 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
The Bushes and Clintons along with Obama and Biden, represent the elite.

The elite pretend to represent the little guy/gal, but there's an evil side too (like supporting the war machine at the risk of life, usually minorities).

They want your vote and are willing to buy it if they have to, so they can continue to access the Treasury funds.

If it becomes difficult to access the cash for their purposes, then they'll attack Americans, like the border being open flooding sanctuary cities.

Sometimes, a group has to fight fire with fire.

It could be Trump needs to offer a payment to the bottom 50%, temporarily, until they get off the streets and employed, etc.

Like guaranteed income for 5 years.

To allow training, expenses, etc.

Although that'd increase the deficit, something drastic has to occur to break the elite's momentum.
February 9th, 2024 at 7:43:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Last night:

https://x.com/rpsagainsttrump/status/1755771044705489250?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

“Both sides”

lol

And Trump will end up being a President even older than Biden were he to get elected and somehow make it through 4 years without being impeached 20 more times and not convicted.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2024 at 7:46:31 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: ams288
Last night:

“Both sides”

lol

I agree. Republicans, please nominate a Haley, DeSantis, etc…

Haley did have a good comment…. Something like ‘whichever party nominates a younger candidate first will win the presidency.’ Unfortunately, neither is the heavy favorite…
February 9th, 2024 at 7:51:30 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: rxwine
And Trump will end up being a President even older than Biden were he to get elected and somehow make it through 4 years without being impeached 20 more times and not convicted.

If Trump gets elected it’s hard to see the Repubs losing the house. Therefore no impeachment during the first two years. Trump is not suffering from mental decline as much as Biden. But if you factor in Trump’s pre -existing mental deficiencies combined with his mental decline he is likely ‘less mentally fit’ for the job than Biden.

I wasn’t a fan of Obama. But at least no one questioned his fitness for the job. It’s better when we can talk about being against policy X or for policy Y.
February 9th, 2024 at 8:19:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
'Biden claimed of the documents he possessed: “None of it was high classified. It didn’t have any of that red stuff on it, you know what I mean, around the corners? None of that.”

"Hur reported the discovery of documents in Biden’s possession that had markings identifying them as “Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information,” a very high level of classification – plus handwritten notebooks from Biden’s time as vice president that weren’t marked as classified but that “contain information that remains classified up to the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information level.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/09/politics/fact-check-biden-makes-three-false-claims-about-his-handling-of-classified-information/index.html

We need to remember that Biden's mishandling of these materials happened in two situations where he was not President. The President has much more leeway (though not nearly as much as Trump claims he has/had) than either of those two offices. He KEPT classified information after he left office which makes it even worse. These crimes would put many citizens in jail. I had a long conversation about that with a former Marine Officer and we laughed about how we would still be breaking big rocks into little rocks if we did something wrong with even a single TS document.

The failure to charge Biden, Pence, and H. Clinton (or to say at least that Biden could be charged upon leaving office for crimes he is accused of before become President since they don't charge sitting Presidents) is a slap in the face to all who take security seriously. There may be varying levels of seriousness of the charges, but all should face charges. I'm find if they get found not guilty due to mental incompetence or not enough evidence, but they should be/have been charged.

I also feel Trump should continue to face those charges. I'm okay with whatever the justice system decides there, too, because he would get all the benefits of thorough reviews of any points involving the law and Constitution that need to be sorted out (as would the other three).

For varying reasons, I don't think Trump or Biden should be sworn in as President on 1/20/2025.