2 votes (15.38%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

February 8th, 2024 at 12:20:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
Why? What would another January 6th mob do? Loiter about for a few hours and leave again?

Are you just playing dumb here or did kenarman hack your account?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 8th, 2024 at 12:52:32 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Well yeah. They don’t want a Jan 6 mob sicced on them.

A great line of reasoning there...

I listened to a good bit of the SC arguments. It seemed that the Justices all had issues with the case.

They already have nut jobs going to their houses; they do know that idiots are out there but I doubt that colors their decision.

Based on the parts I heard, my prediction is that they will come down with a 9-0 decision that is as narrowly crafted as possible. I could be wrong and I did miss some of the arguments...
February 8th, 2024 at 12:56:54 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: RonC
They already have nut jobs going to their houses; they do know that idiots are out there but I doubt that colors their decision.

Yeah…. Just wait till Donny gets mad and posts their addresses on Truth Social.

Total immunity!
February 8th, 2024 at 1:17:51 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: GenoDRPh
They'd more likely to invade the building and grounds with tactical gear and zip ties with nefarious intent, obstruct official proceedings, assault police officers and others with dangerous or deadly weapons as well as engage in seditious conspiracy.

If you enjoy the spectacle of an ass-whipping, be there to enjoy this one. And it will be the well-prepared Capitol defenders whipping these idiots.

Of course that assumes there won't be a Pelosi-type person in charge who rules out protecting the Capitol at all.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 8th, 2024 at 1:26:08 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
It was serious enough to result in hundreds of convictions and guilty pleas, and place the lives of the Senators, Representatives and the Vice President in jeopardy.

:Makes snoring sounds:
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 8th, 2024 at 1:31:38 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: odiousgambit
Of course that assumes there won't be a Pelosi-type person in charge who rules out protecting the Capitol at all.

I see someone has REALLY been chugging down Donny’s Kool-Aid.

https://x.com/acyn/status/1755647384128790591?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

Donny: “I think it was an insurrection caused by Nancy Pelosi.”

Hey, at least he admits it was an insurrection now!
February 8th, 2024 at 1:43:59 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Based on comments from the Supreme Court it looks like Trump will be back on Colorado ballot.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 8th, 2024 at 2:25:55 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
This is the way it will happen:

----------------

“Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are.”

― Benjamin Franklin

----------------
February 8th, 2024 at 2:35:48 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
If you enjoy the spectacle of an ass-whipping, be there to enjoy this one. And it will be the well-prepared Capitol defenders whipping these idiots.

I'd love the Capital Police to go postal on the insurrectionists next time, and give them no quarter. I'll even accept the cops treat the White insurrectionists like they treated anti-Trump protestors, with the tear gas and rubber bullets and all. If only McConnell ordered the Senate Sergeant-At-Arms to bolster security...

Maybe this time we'll have a President who will actually call out the DC National Guard, instead of ally with the criminals...
February 8th, 2024 at 3:51:26 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I'd love the Capital Police to go postal on the insurrectionists next time, and give them no quarter. I'll even accept the cops treat the White insurrectionists like they treated anti-Trump protestors, with the tear gas and rubber bullets and all. If only McConnell ordered the Senate Sergeant-At-Arms to bolster security...

Maybe this time we'll have a President who will actually call out the DC National Guard, instead of ally with the criminals...

That’s what they would have done had the Senators, etc., actually been perceived as being in any real danger; hence, me making snoring sounds. Of course, AOC was hiding under her desk, or something, but she’s also the one who poses herself crying at the border until the light is right and they get a decent shot. Screw rubber bullets; the trespassers might survive those.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman