January 6 redux

January 5th, 2022 at 7:09:21 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Or if your patient has several puss-dripping infected teeth but says his Lord and Savior will heal him wihout any dental intervention: is that acceptable?

It's the same classic "faith / unfounded belief vs. reality" conundrum that has thrown this country down the rabbit hole.
January 6th, 2022 at 3:42:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

AZ..... you are minimizing what occurred on 1/6/2021. I would have been happy if EVERY SINGLE person who entered illegally would have been shot dead. I'm sorry, but you do NOT attack my government.

That is what the people on 1/6 were saying.

They sat peaceful when a fake dossier was put out as real. They sat peaceful as the Democrats made a fake Russia investigation. They sat peaceful as generals said they would not obey Trump orders. They sat peaceful as there were calls to declare him "mentally ill" and use the 25th. They sat peaceful as they saw mail in voting used to steal an election..........

Until they could not take it anymore. What has happened is a bad thing. That guy who just wants to live his life and be left alone finally had enough and acted.

I have been telling everyone here the 2020s are going to be a violent decade, that was just one example. Get used to it.

In all likelyhood there will be a huge swing to the GOP in November. Then in 2023 look for Biden to be impeached for failure to protect the border among other charges. He will stay but the liberals will seethe even though impeaching for a phone call and making a speech is legit in their book. Meanwhile the Democrats in the House will have next to no whites in their caucus. If you thought we had stoked up racial divide before just watch!

Then in 2024 either Trump or another GOP candidate wins in 2024 as the Democrats have no accomplishments to run on. Then you will see all kinds of "demonstrations" on the left. The lefties here and elsewhere will say they are fine with them and they are not as bad because "it wasn't the Capitol!"

If history holds the GOP will then win again in 2028. The left will not let up. Other factors in play but I do not have the time at the moment.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2022 at 5:08:41 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
That is what the people on 1/6 were saying.

They sat peaceful when a fake dossier was put out as real. They sat peaceful as the Democrats made a fake Russia investigation. They sat peaceful as generals said they would not obey Trump orders. They sat peaceful as there were calls to declare him "mentally ill" and use the 25th. They sat peaceful as they saw mail in voting used to steal an election..........

Until they could not take it anymore. What has happened is a bad thing. That guy who just wants to live his life and be left alone finally had enough and acted.

I have been telling everyone here the 2020s are going to be a violent decade, that was just one example. Get used to it.

In all likelyhood there will be a huge swing to the GOP in November. Then in 2023 look for Biden to be impeached for failure to protect the border among other charges. He will stay but the liberals will seethe even though impeaching for a phone call and making a speech is legit in their book. Meanwhile the Democrats in the House will have next to no whites in their caucus. If you thought we had stoked up racial divide before just watch!

Then in 2024 either Trump or another GOP candidate wins in 2024 as the Democrats have no accomplishments to run on. Then you will see all kinds of "demonstrations" on the left. The lefties here and elsewhere will say they are fine with them and they are not as bad because "it wasn't the Capitol!"

If history holds the GOP will then win again in 2028. The left will not let up. Other factors in play but I do not have the time at the moment.

Big “the wife deserved to get beaten to a pulp by her abusive husband” vibes from this post.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2022 at 5:23:53 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
You don't condemn / "go after" someone simply due to their affiliation; rather you focus on their actions / deeds.

Just like you cannot condemn all republicans / Trumpies just because a few thousand took it upon themselves to storm the nation's capitol to prevent the election results from being ratified and acted upon, so members of BLM / antifa who didn't riot are not culpable.

Its so obvious
Racism
When it comes to whites, racists only condemn individual white law breakers.
When it comes to Black's, no need to condemn black individual law breakers, thats too logical and treating blacks like whites, can't have that, a racist will condemn the entire group due to hate.
Racists are offended when Black's protest. Can't have that. If a few break the law, a racist will condemn the entire gathering.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 6th, 2022 at 6:39:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/accused-capitol-rioter-edward-jacob-021456261.html

I can't help but laugh when I read this story

“I am so disappointed in Trump for canceling his January 6th press conference,” Lang said during the call-in interview, where he noted that he was on the brink of crying as he urged Trump to step up and fight for the defendants, like himself, who have been charged for their roles in the riot nearly one year ago.

“It just shows how far we have fallen,” he continued, “where is our rally tomorrow?” He added that “there should be a hundred thousand people in D.C. tomorrow at the very minimum…I am so disappointed with Trump and the American people at large that just do not get behind the January 6 political prisoners.”

The American people at large are against law breakers. Trumpers never get it. ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 6th, 2022 at 6:43:25 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote:
“He built his lie over many months

“He’s not just a former president, he’s a defeated former president

“Defeated by 7 million of your votes in a free and fair election.”

President Biden on Donald Trump, 1/6/2022

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 6th, 2022 at 7:04:36 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
I watched the speech live, As I watched the insurrection live a year ago. I reckon a decent speech, well delivered by this allegedly addled old man. Thank **** he didn't give any real meme ammo to trumpies mob......

Speaking of trumpies mob..... I see that many of those on trial are aghast that trump has not given them support. Is that because he doesn't want to support the obviously black, democrat, antifa activists that pretended to be his supporters?
Those who deny the insurrection either underplay it as a bit of patriotic, peaceful protest, or else insist it was a false flag event. They can't have it both ways.
January 6th, 2022 at 7:38:50 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: OnceDear
I watched the speech live, As I watched the insurrection live a year ago. I reckon a decent speech, well delivered by this allegedly addled old man. Thank **** he didn't give any real meme ammo to trumpies mob......

Speaking of trumpies mob..... I see that many of those on trial are aghast that trump has not given them support. Is that because he doesn't want to support the obviously black, democrat, antifa activists that pretended to be his supporters?
Those who deny the insurrection either underplay it as a bit of patriotic, peaceful protest, or else insist it was a false flag event. They can't have it both ways.

Hopefully Democrats will be careful. It's still important to defend peaceful protests about all kinds of things, and not paint people who did nothing illegal at that event or any other.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2022 at 7:48:00 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I suppose I should modify that last statement, I do support passive resistance methods, like refusing to move, but not resisting arrest if someone removes you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2022 at 10:33:41 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: AZDuffman
They sat peaceful as they saw mail in voting used to steal an election

They saw nothing: it never happened and you've never proved the claim.

That vision was a mirage caused by the heat emanating from the fat oaf's noggin once he realized the party was over.