The Smoking Thread

Page 13 of 15« First<101112131415>
May 28th, 2021 at 2:43:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
"Number of smokers soars to 1.1B worldwide, study says"

"A new study suggests there were a record 1.1 billion smokers worldwide in 2019, and nearly 8 million related deaths."

1.1b stupid people
I'm not surprised
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 28th, 2021 at 2:50:27 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Mission146
If it's Skoal, and not fruit, I will try it. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll use that as my fallback if one of my places is out of Cope Mint that day.

You should join freshcope.com

you can get up to 2.50 a can somedays (which can make it virtually free). Great coupons (both digital and by mail), and good promotions same with Skoal's site. Tobacco companies give a way a lot of random free stuff for often no reason if you are on their mailing list.
May 29th, 2021 at 4:19:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: JimRockford
Because chicks really don't dig dip.

The only chick I am concerned about doesn't seem to mind it, but yes, good point in the context of when I switched from dip back to smoking.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 29th, 2021 at 4:19:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
You should join freshcope.com

you can get up to 2.50 a can somedays (which can make it virtually free). Great coupons (both digital and by mail), and good promotions same with Skoal's site. Tobacco companies give a way a lot of random free stuff for often no reason if you are on their mailing list.

Already have done! Thanks!
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
May 29th, 2021 at 7:02:30 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

"A new study suggests there were a record 1.1 billion smokers worldwide in 2019, and nearly 8 million related deaths."

1.1b stupid people
I'm not surprised

I would estimate there are closer to 8 billion stupid people.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 29th, 2021 at 7:25:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

A good thing, governments need the tax money bad.
The President is a fink.
May 29th, 2021 at 5:22:59 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Mission146
The only chick I am concerned about doesn't seem to mind it, but yes, good point in the context of when I switched from dip back to smoking.

I never understood that argument. I know tobacco in general grosses many people out.

But, smoking is blatant, and you smell like smoke all day. Dip, (especially if it is minty or a fruit blend pouch), once you take it out nobody has to know that you dip.

Its not like most guys pack their lip full of dip before hitting on girls (at least I would imagine not). Also, most people are attractive when they are their genuine self (not trying to put on a good image).

I don't know the math, but I would bet more non-tobacco using women would be offended by men smoking in front of them than discreetly dipping when they are not around.... If you are somebody bothered by the smell of smoke (I am not), you can't really run away or hide from that (other than taking a shower and changing clothes after every cigarette.....)

I personally find spitting gross (I don't like it at all, don't like seeing , hearing it, etc....), so I can empathize with people who don't like the look of it, but if you are discrete (especially with pouches) spitting is very minimal. Personally, and this is a courtesy thing, when I do dip, I always use a covered bottle of some kind, even outside, because I know I get annoyed when I see people spit on the ground (even when people do it while running it annoys me).
May 29th, 2021 at 5:22:59 PM permalink
Gandler
- Deleted Double Post-
May 30th, 2021 at 4:56:13 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
I never understood that argument. I know tobacco in general grosses many people out.

But, smoking is blatant, and you smell like smoke all day. Dip, (especially if it is minty or a fruit blend pouch), once you take it out nobody has to know that you dip.

Its not like most guys pack their lip full of dip before hitting on girls (at least I would imagine not). Also, most people are attractive when they are their genuine self (not trying to put on a good image).

I don't know the math, but I would bet more non-tobacco using women would be offended by men smoking in front of them than discreetly dipping when they are not around.... If you are somebody bothered by the smell of smoke (I am not), you can't really run away or hide from that (other than taking a shower and changing clothes after every cigarette.....)

I personally find spitting gross (I don't like it at all, don't like seeing , hearing it, etc....), so I can empathize with people who don't like the look of it, but if you are discrete (especially with pouches) spitting is very minimal. Personally, and this is a courtesy thing, when I do dip, I always use a covered bottle of some kind, even outside, because I know I get annoyed when I see people spit on the ground (even when people do it while running it annoys me).

I want to say the thinking is that women aren't going to like the spitting and you're inevitably going to have to spit in front of her sooner or later.

Of course, you could always compromise with her, "I'll start swallowing if you do."

Oh, God! Cheap sex joke. That was beneath me, but too funny to pass up.

I agree that you smell like smoke all day with smoking, but in my experience, smokers tend to date other smokers. I think that I have only dated three women (and one is my current fiancee) who were non-smokers.

The nice thing with the mint, at least imo, is your breath basically always smells like you brushed your teeth within the last two hours. My fiancee seems to basically agree with that, kind of like that smell when the toothpaste/mouthwash has started to fade, but isn't quite gone.

I usually like to let my mouth get completely full of juice and then I just launch it. I'm kidding. Yup, bottle with a twist top. Sometimes a napkin stuffed paper cup in the car, but then I throw it away when I get to my destination.
May 30th, 2021 at 7:48:52 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Drive them pretty girls wild.

The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
Page 13 of 15« First<101112131415>