The Biden Presidency 2021

December 13th, 2020 at 9:28:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
Austin is absolutely booming with tech jobs. Anyone that is looking for a tech job would find this a great time to move to Austin. Fortunately today in Austin you can still find a nice house for under $500k

Not by a ton. I see what they are going for all the time. If you love living in little boxes made of ticky tacky then Austin is the place to be.
The President is a fink.
December 13th, 2020 at 9:46:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Austin is absolutely booming with tech jobs. Anyone that is looking for a tech job would find this a great time to move to Austin. Fortunately today in Austin you can still find a nice house for under $500k

I think Austin is a really cool city
I love their motto - Keep Austin weird
I travelled to Austin once just to see a concert
Attended Willie Nelson's July 4th picnic
Had a blast
Of course the Dead were on the program and they came out all wearing Willie's trademark bandana
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 13th, 2020 at 9:51:46 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Not by a ton. I see what they are going for all the time. If you love living in little boxes made of ticky tacky then Austin is the place to be.

When I was looking in Austin I saw many nice 3 bedroom 3 bath houses for $400k-$500k

I realize it isn't cheap but many of those tech jobs start at $100k with experience many are paying $200k a year.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 13th, 2020 at 10:01:57 AM permalink
AZDuffman
When I was looking in Austin I saw many nice 3 bedroom 3 bath houses for $400k-$500k

I realize it isn't cheap but many of those tech jobs start at $100k with experience many are paying $200k a year.

Look how close that is to the next house.

And this is not even a new development. I see some that are a sea of little boxes, you can probably stand between them and touch both. I am talking half million dollar places. Blow up the houses in Levittown by a factor of three and that is all you have. All over the southwest.
The President is a fink.
December 13th, 2020 at 10:13:17 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman

Look how close that is to the next house.

And this is not even a new development. I see some that are a sea of little boxes, you can probably stand between them and touch both. I am talking half million dollar places. Blow up the houses in Levittown by a factor of three and that is all you have. All over the southwest.

I agree that it is not perfect, but for $500k in a good area I wouldn't expect more. In vegas now the 20 year old starter houses (1500sf, 3bd, 2ba) in avaerage neighborhoods are going for $360k. I'm sure EvenBob will tell us that you can get a presidential manison for $250k in Grand Rapids Michigan. Of course, I would rather spend ten times as much to not live in Michigan.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 13th, 2020 at 10:20:09 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Don’t real estate developers make more money selling properties too close together? I thought that is why it is the trend.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 13th, 2020 at 10:28:27 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
Don’t real estate developers make more money selling properties too close together? I thought that is why it is the trend.

From what I have seen it is way more a thing to do in the southwest. What I see of houses in these places in the notheast they would just do townhouses. It even extends to strip malls. In the northeast there would be an apron with green as a buffer. In the southwest they do not wast a square inch of land.

Almost daily I have to check a house out as I do title. I just cannot imagine living in some of these developments. I guess I did for a few years, but still not as bad as many I see. Miles and miles to the nearest store or gas station. Sea of suburbia.
The President is a fink.
December 14th, 2020 at 8:57:08 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
The house where I grew up in Brooklyn, was exactly like this one. My sister sold it twenty years ago for $220,000. This one is listed at $2.9 mil.
December 14th, 2020 at 3:26:21 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
President-Elect Joe Biden is officially President-Elect now.

Let's see how long people here continue to deny it for (probably the next 8 years, since at least multiple members here still think Obama had a fake BC and was not a legal President the whole time).

This is a brilliant day for democracy. President-Elect Biden absolutely tore the opposition in both the popular vote and the Electoral College (official now).
Most popular and successful candidate in American history. Which is even more impressive when you factor in that he was running against an incumbent!

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12/14/us/joe-biden-trump
December 15th, 2020 at 3:02:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
President-Elect Joe Biden is officially President-Elect now.

Let's see how long people here continue to deny it for (probably the next 8 years, since at least multiple members here still think Obama had a fake BC and was not a legal President the whole time).

You mean like the libs here the past 4 years saying Trump did not win the popular vote?

Chances are the board will be quiet in comparison as we have lives outside of following every move of someone we hate.
The President is a fink.