Stop the Steal!

Thread Rating:

January 9th, 2021 at 8:14:18 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
I love how Trumpers that invaded the capital are freaking out. Internet detectives outing them left and right. Many arrested in their home towns. Seems they are all deleting their invasion posts they were so proud of. I love cancel culture. In the old days, had no idea I was doing business with assholes. Got to love the information age. I no longer have to do business with assholes. Times have changed. Dont be an asshole in public

That is not really cancel culture. Its more using information that is out there to ID and arrest law violators. But, it does show how many people are idiots and post to public social media involvement in unlawful activities. I personally think its a good thing for law enforcement to use technology (facial ID tracking etc...) to track people who break the law on camera. People were very against this during BLM protests when looters were tracked down, but my position has always been consistent, I have no problem with law enforcement using social media and TV clips to ID alleged violators via software. This happens all the time for more minor stuff as well such as somebody posting videos with location on Facebook of them drinking out of state while on parole etc....

Cancel culture would be if they were blocked from platforms (which if they were it would be harder to track them).

Smart criminals avoid social media (and really all online activity), in this case many people think that they are patriots so they are proud of their infractions.
January 9th, 2021 at 8:18:59 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
I personally think its a good thing for law enforcement to use technology (facial ID tracking etc...) to track people who break the law on camera. People were very against this during BLM protests when looters were tracked down

Who was against this??????????
I'm a huge BLM supporter
But
If somebody commits a crime, you do the time
What clown is against using evidence to arrest criminals?
I am for arresting all criminals. I dont need to know the politics of the criminal. Just arrest the criminals regardless of politics
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 9th, 2021 at 9:39:58 AM permalink
Gandler
Who was against this??????????
I'm a huge BLM supporter
But
If somebody commits a crime, you do the time
What clown is against using evidence to arrest criminals?
I am for arresting all criminals. I dont need to know the politics of the criminal. Just arrest the criminals regardless of politics

A lot of people. Including some big companies who gave in to petitions to not sell various facial and ID software's to law enforcement departments or the U.S. government... Including Microsoft.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/11/microsoft-says-will-not-sell-facial-recognition-software-to-police.html#:~:text=Tech-,Microsoft%20says%20it%20won%27t%20sell%20facial%20recognition%20software%20to,law%20%27grounded%20in%20human%20rights%27&text=Smith%20said%20the%20company%20hasn,rights%E2%80%9D%20that%20governs%20the%20technology.

"Following the lead of IBM and Amazon, Microsoft said Thursday that it has no current plans to sell facial recognition technology for police use, a sign that technology companies are getting more involved in the national debate on police reform."
January 9th, 2021 at 9:43:13 AM permalink
terapined
A lot of people. Including some big companies who gave in to petitions to not sell various facial and ID software's to law enforcement departments or the U.S. government... Including Microsoft.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/11/microsoft-says-will-not-sell-facial-recognition-software-to-police.html#:~:text=Tech-,Microsoft%20says%20it%20won%27t%20sell%20facial%20recognition%20software%20to,law%20%27grounded%20in%20human%20rights%27&text=Smith%20said%20the%20company%20hasn,rights%E2%80%9D%20that%20governs%20the%20technology.

"Following the lead of IBM and Amazon, Microsoft said Thursday that it has no current plans to sell facial recognition technology for police use, a sign that technology companies are getting more involved in the national debate on police reform."

Thats a completely different subject
Companies that create software have rights
If I create something. I own it. Nobody can force me to sell it to somebody.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 9th, 2021 at 9:54:45 AM permalink
Gandler
Thats a completely different subject
Companies that create software have rights
If I create something. I own it. Nobody can force me to sell it to somebody.

Yes, but that was not my point, these companies did it in reaction to petitions and public outcry (which means there are a lot of people are against it). At least at that time, I would bet some people with inconsistent views are against it for BLM but support it for Trump groups. I am for it for all groups. Anyone who uses a protest to loot or commit violence should be tracked down and monitored in my view.
January 9th, 2021 at 10:03:52 AM permalink
terapined
Yes, but that was not my point, these companies did it in reaction to petitions and public outcry (which means there are a lot of people are against it). At least at that time, I would bet some people with inconsistent views are against it for BLM but support it for Trump groups. I am for it for all groups. Anyone who uses a protest to loot or commit violence should be tracked down and monitored in my view.

You are confusing privacy rights with proof of a crime
Bottom line
If there is proof of a crime, that proof is being used
These right wing terrorists are being tracked down and arrested
January 9th, 2021 at 11:26:47 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
You are confusing privacy rights with proof of a crime
Bottom line
If there is proof of a crime, that proof is being used
These right wing terrorists are being tracked down and arrested

So there was no proof of crime during the BLM riots? I think the hundreds of store owners whos stores were looted might disagree with you. Probably the dozens of cops injured would as well.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 9th, 2021 at 12:26:08 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
So there was no proof of crime during the BLM riots? I think the hundreds of store owners whos stores were looted might disagree with you. Probably the dozens of cops injured would as well.

If there is proof an individual committed a crime
Prosecute that individual
I dont care if its a BLM protest or a Trumper's protest.
If anybody breaks the law, they should be prosecuted
Thankfully no police officers died in a BLM protest
The flags at the Capital are half staff due to Trumpers
RIP Officer Brian Sicknick
January 9th, 2021 at 2:37:20 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
If there is proof an individual committed a crime
Prosecute that individual
I dont care if its a BLM protest or a Trumper's protest.
If anybody breaks the law, they should be prosecuted

I agree, I don't know why more supermarkets are not trying people for shoplifting after the fact. A good friend of mine works store security for a Kroger store and said police will not pursue it. I am all for serious punishment for all crimes so it will act as a deterrent. I have no problem making someone spend a couple of days in jail for speeding or shopllifting.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 9th, 2021 at 5:36:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
This is the best post ever from the right
It perfectly shows the insanity of Trumpers
Thanks Moose. Can't wait to see more
Stacy Abrams lost and fought harder to win elections.
Moose lost so now he wants to arrest everybody. ROTFL
Love it. Keep em coming Moose

Apparently the “people are going to get sent to gitmo any day!” is a QAnon thing?

Is Mooseton a believer of all that crazy QAnon stuff that never ever comes true?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman